MNF: Pats* at Chiefs 7:05 pm CBS

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

No, I actually can’t even taste the apple cider. I just went thru a half gal. 

You need more sugar.

Make some chocolate milk, really heavy on the chocolate. You can even dump some extra sugar in it.

Then take a mouthful and hold it until its warm before you drink it down. 

Repeat until you're no longer at death's door.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I love how Romo said the AFCE race is going to go “right down to the wire”.

I was like, uhhhh nope, it’s all over.

Seriously???   NE wins that game w/ Newton.

Defense was terrific and they had something like 180 yards on the ground.  The Bills will have a huge challenge in a few weeks.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don’t be too cocksure with Belicheck.  Ever.

It would be nice if the goat would just decide to pack up all his rings and retire, but apparently he has loved the game since he was an errand-boy for Teddy Marchibroda.

They are going to have to pry that clipboard out of his cold dead hands.... and Kraft loves him so he probably has a contract for life.... so damn.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

New England* is ALWAYS more physical than Buffalo. This year looks no different. 

Might not matter anymore, though.

Times are changing.

Our D better put on their big boy pants when they play NE. There's blood in the water and the time to strike hasn't been this good in a long while. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I love how Romo said the AFCE race is going to go “right down to the wire”.

I was like, uhhhh nope, it’s all over.

all over? lol

we've had the last 3 games come down to an onside kick recovery. 4 games in...relax 

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

It would be nice if the goat would just decide to pack up all his rings and retire, but apparently he has loved the game since he was an errand-boy for Teddy Marchibroda.

They are going to have to pry that clipboard out of his cold dead hands.... and Kraft loves him so he probably has a contract for life.... so damn.

and even then, no one has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that a pickled brain in a jar, with a few electrical leads coming out of it, CAN’T be an effective NFL head coach.

• Haha (+1) 1

Patriots-Chiefs showed the Bills how far they have to raise their game.   Those teams slugged it out for 55 minutes,.  The Patriots did it with two QBs who weren't up to the moment, but they kept on slugging.  That was higher level intensity than the Bills saw in Las Vegas or against the Rams.   That was two teams executing really well, grinding each other to a halt until KC finally exploded.  

I hope the Bills were watching.   That's the next level.  They have to bring against KC like that and against the Pats like that.  That's the next test.  

• Like (+1) 6

22 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

LOL.  No, I heard X is actually dangerous.

30 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Pepper X

Meh, they are really hot, don’t get me wrong, but I have a sauce or two with pepper X. One is the last dab xxx redux. It’s actually one of my favorites. It’s definitely not a “Dip your French fry in” kinda sauce. But I throw 4-5 dabs in a bowl of chili and it’s really good. Or if I make salsa, I’ll throw some in. 

I have some ghost pepper sauces too. Some are really tasty. Others aren’t. 

The sauces you really have to look out for are the ones made with distillate regardless of pepper. Basically you can take say 50 peppers and condense them into a droplet. Da Bomb is a good example. 

I love hot sauce but I am not a hot freak where I am always chasing the dragon to see how much heat I can handle. Depending on the prize I could maybe toss down 10 ghost pepper wings. I can get through 5 of the suicide or whatever wings at Duff’s. But that’s tough, and maybe once every few years just to see if I can. 😂

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Patriots-Chiefs showed the Bills how far they have to raise their game.   Those teams slugged it out for 55 minutes,.  The Patriots did it with two QBs who weren't up to the moment, but they kept on slugging.  That was higher level intensity than the Bills saw in Las Vegas or against the Rams.   That was two teams executing really well, grinding each other to a halt until KC finally exploded.  

I hope the Bills were watching.   That's the next level.  They have to bring against KC like that and against the Pats like that.  That's the next test.  

Can't look past the Titans, but yes, that game felt like late December football.

14 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Our D better put on their big boy pants when they play NE. There's blood in the water and the time to strike hasn't been this good in a long while. 

Then it'll take shock and awe...SHOCK AND AWE, BABY!

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

and even then, no one has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that a pickled brain in a jar, with a few electrical leads coming out of it, CAN’T be an effective NFL head coach.

I could always wish that he would go senile, but have that feeling that by the time Belichick stops doing advanced football calculus I will likely be asking Alexa to remind what my name is, what meds I need to take today, and did it reorder my Depends.

19 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

patriots are still the test to me. Losing against kc wont prove one thing or another to me. Losing that first game at home against NE would be a heart breaker. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

Meh, they are really hot, don’t get me wrong, but I have a sauce or two with pepper X. One is the last dab xxx redux. It’s actually one of my favorites. It’s definitely not a “Dip your French fry in” kinda sauce. But I throw 4-5 dabs in a bowl of chili and it’s really good. Or if I make salsa, I’ll throw some in. 

I have some ghost pepper sauces too. Some are really tasty. Others aren’t. 

The sauces you really have to look out for are the ones made with distillate regardless of pepper. Basically you can take say 50 peppers and condense them into a droplet. Da Bomb is a good example. 

I love hot sauce but I am not a hot freak where I am always chasing the dragon to see how much heat I can handle. Depending on the prize I could maybe toss down 10 ghost pepper wings. I can get through 5 of the suicide or whatever wings at Duff’s. But that’s tough, and maybe once every few years just to see if I can. 😂

I'm with you on the bolded.  I'm getting too long-in-the-tooth to get crazy with the heat anymore.

It is fun watching the young kids trying to get tough with it!  I still split an order of Ghost wings with a buddy now and then just to remember my youth.

Out here in Southern Colorado there is a lot of Mexican, Thai, etc food that have a spicy palate. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Meh. If there is one thing McD’s Bills don’t do, it’s underestimate an opponent - particularly the Pats***.  The last thing I’m worried about is whether they will “bring the juice” against these teams. 

I have to say the Pats D was very impressive. They really did a good job containing the Chiefs O. Like previously mentioned the Bills are going to have to put on their big boy pants when they play these teams. What the **** was Hoyer thinking at the end of the 1st half taking a sack. The guy is a vet so he should know better.

11 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Probably would have been today if Cam was playing. Belichick’s game plan was masterful. It just wasn’t executed at all by Hoyer and then Edelman had that uncharacteristic drop that just happened to go the other way for 6. 

Edelman led the league in drops last year and his drop on an easy pass by brady vs. TN last year cost then a playoff game.

I find it slightly interesting that pats fans and media are treating this almost like a moral victory today. A lot of praising the D and saying they just lost due to poor qB play and mistakes. That the loss doesn’t really count because Cam was out and they had to play backups. Reminds me of like every time we’ve played the pats the last 3 years or so. Like that one time on mnf when Derek Anderson had to come in off the street. Just amusing to see the reaction when the shoe is on the other foot. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I find it slightly interesting that pats fans and media are treating this almost like a moral victory today. A lot of praising the D and saying they just lost due to poor qB play and mistakes. That the loss doesn’t really count because Cam was out and they had to play backups. Reminds me of like every time we’ve played the pats the last 3 years or so. Like that one time on mnf when Derek Anderson had to come in off the street. Just amusing to see the reaction when the shoe is on the other foot. 

Exactly.  I live up here and all you hear and see  posts about the bad QB play.  Like you 20 years of good QB play and you cannot take one night of bad.

Man, that was so sweetly satisfying to watch the Pats STINK and get the ***** kicked out of them on National TV. A great way to end Victory Monday.

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Watching last night felt VERY MUCH like roles have been reversed. We're the Top 3 team with the MVP QB, and they are floundering with a string of horrible QBs.

Loved every second. Feels good man.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I find it slightly interesting that pats fans and media are treating this almost like a moral victory today. A lot of praising the D and saying they just lost due to poor qB play and mistakes.

That the loss doesn’t really count because Cam was out and they had to play backups. Reminds me of like every time we’ve played the pats the last 3 years or so. Like that one time on mnf when Derek Anderson had to come in off the street. Just amusing to see the reaction when the shoe is on the other foot. 

How are they wrong though? It was 6-3 at the half? Would you have had them down by only 3 points at the half? 

The game broke out in the middle of the 4th. Opt outs and the starting QB sitting cause of COVID and they were in it for quite a bit. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

How are they wrong though? It was 6-3 at the half? Would you have had them down by only 3 points at the half? 

The game broke out in the middle of the 4th. Opt outs and the starting QB sitting cause of COVID and they were in it for quite a bit. 

I didn’t say they were wrong. It is a clear sign that this is a different Pats era, in case that wasn’t yet evident.  

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t say they were wrong. It is a clear sign that this is a different Pats era, in case that wasn’t yet evident.  

Ok...I think that was realized the moment BB didn't resign Brady....I think a lot of pats fans didn't expect this team to be this decent given the opt outs, free agency and QB situation.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Ok...I think that was realized the moment BB didn't resign Brady....I think a lot of pats fans didn't expect this team to be this decent given the opt outs, free agency and QB situation.

Actually a lot of pats fans thought Stidham was going to be the second coming. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Sad thing is they aren't wrong and people claiming here the Pats got crushed and  embarrassed on national TV are delusional.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Sad thing is they aren't wrong and people claiming here the Pats got crushed and  embarrassed on national TV are delusional.

Same as how bills fans weren’t delusional when we would say the Bills played well vs the pats and lost. Not to mention the crying about the refs. None of it matters but the L. They are not used to being on the other side, is the entire point. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, eball said:

Meh. If there is one thing McD’s Bills don’t do, it’s underestimate an opponent - particularly the Pats***.  The last thing I’m worried about is whether they will “bring the juice” against these teams. 

It's one thing to be emotionally ready to play.  It's another to be tough enough, patient enough, in control enough to win a game like that.  

One measure of the kind of toughness I'm talking about is that the Patriots made some major mistakes - simply giving away 3 points twice, and then a couple of disastrous turnovers, including a pick 6, but they were still fighting and were still threatening to be in the game in the middle of the fourth quarter.  That's true team toughness.  As someone said, that's late-December football.  It's nearly playoff football.   Until you've shown you can do that, you aren't a truly serious contender.  

The Bills sort of did it against the Rams, but if they were all the way there they wouldn't have blown the lead.  They sort of did against the Raiders, with the second-half takeaways.  But Chiefs-Pats was different.  That was two coaching staffs and two teams totally going at each other until someone took control of the game.  It was impressive.  

The Bills need to stand up to the Chiefs like that.  And they need to stand up to the Pats like that.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

Fans being fans...? But more importantly you know who Stidham is after barely a quarter of football? 

I think, more importantly, the pats know who he is. The fact he had been Inactive for 3 weeks before this game and unable to beat out hoyer for the backup position says they don’t think he’s very good. Doesn’t matter what fans think. Cam is on a one year Deal and they drafted this kid but they didn’t want to see what he has until they had no choice. By the way he has as many TD passes so far as Cam.