Allen to Brown TD in 4th qtr.

Bubba Gump

43 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

This play by Allen just amazes me. Josh just flicks his wrist, no wind up or anything and he slings the ball 50 yards in the air. His arm strength is unreal.

I came here just hoping to see people talking about this play. Was not disappointed :)

Seriously, missing open guys who have their man beat has been one of my biggest frustrations with Allen the past 2 years. Plays like this (and others he made today) show he has DEFINITELY improved in this area. And no, it's not just more talent around him...he himself has improved.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

This play by Allen just amazes me. Josh just flicks his wrist, no wind up or anything and he slings the ball 50 yards in the air. His arm strength is unreal.

He had more wind up on his celebration than that throw. :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 12

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

I came here just hoping to see people talking about this play. Was not disappointed :)

Seriously, missing open guys who have their man beat has been one of my biggest frustrations with Allen the past 2 years. Plays like this (and others he made today) show he has DEFINITELY improved in this area. And no, it's not just more talent around him...he himself has improved.

yeah, and many fans kept saying he’s raw and needs time to develop.  But people like yourself have no patience and constantly trashed the kid, said accuracy can’t be taught, never dominated in college therefore he can’t in the NFL, etc.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

yeah, and many fans kept saying he’s raw and needs time to develop.  But people like yourself have no patience and constantly trashed the kid, said accuracy can’t be taught, never dominated in college therefore he can’t in the NFL, etc.  

He's here now 😁

6 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

People like you are so sensitive, it's mind boggling.

I feel like you'll have a nervous breakdown the next time Allen gets criticized for anything. "Trashed the kid," how? Show me one post where I "trashed" him for anything he didn't do. Please, go ahead. 

You do realize he's not going to go 16-0, and will likely have more bad games right? What happens then? You going flip out on anyone who talks about it? lol

Edited by BigDingus

The arm strength is awesome....but did you see the touch he was putting on some of those passes today?

13 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

People like you are so sensitive, it's mind boggling.

I feel like you'll have a nervous breakdown the next time Allen gets criticized for anything. "Trashed the kid," how? Show me one post where I "trashed" him for anything he didn't do. Please, go ahead. 

You do realize he's not going to go 16-0, and will likely have more bad games right? What happens then? You going flip out on anyone who talks about it? lol

Perhaps if the crit was fair (by certain ppl)

For instance......in a game where he dominates its ok to say he was excellent and point out things that could have been done better....but dont let those same ppl act like he shouldnt be in the league when he has a bad game?  Is that fair?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The arm strength is awesome....but did you see the touch he was putting on some of those passes today?

He definitely seemed to put more air under the ball, instead of throwing darts like he used to. It's great to see he doesn't have to bazooka every pass.

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

Loved this when I saw, mostly because of when I saw it - but a huge score that would help seal the win.

Another worth noting was the 2nd and 24 to Beasley - to me that one play demonstrates the entirety of Allen's growth over the past three seasons, from the pre-snap read, to the pocket presence all the way through the touch throw completion. Frankly, it gave me more faith in Daboll too the way it was drawn up - lots of levels going on and it nearly converted (or maybe it did?) and was the reason we were able to score the go ahead TD to Davis.  

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

And here's the thing, he is raw and can get better. He has the physical, emotional, and mental tools to dominate this league.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Everyone loved his arm before he draft and said he was a project,  looks like the project is almost complete.  The Bills just need to keep being aggressive and keep passing

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

It's quite Mahomes-esque

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

I watched the game with a group of Miami fans at a local establishment.  They commented several times they couldn't believe some of the passes Allen was throwing (and completing).  I just smiled and nodded. 

• Like (+1) 1

That’s just amazing on a couple of levels. I can’t tell who that is doing the deep crossing pattern, but the safety was stuck. I’m sure the safety  should of stayed with Brown and not been beaten deep. The long cross to Beasley earlier in the game was probably stuck in that safeties mind. The safety hesitates and that was all it took. 
Great play calling, and execution. 

• Like (+1) 1

It was a beauty, but the throw to Diggs earlier in the drive is maybe the best throw he’s ever made in his football life. The rollout under pressure, the absolutely effortless flick of the wrist, the perfect placement; it’s all there.

You can definitely count on one hand the QBs that can make that throw. 

• Like (+1) 4

It was fantastic, and I'm NOT complaining, but my one nit-pick was that Brown had to slow up and turn around for the catch and the Defender really did get there in time, he just wasn't turned around to bat the ball down. Leading Brown and making the throw a little longer makes it a perfect pass. 

5 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

yes that bit of under throw was less Allen’s arm and more brown’s speed. but let us not quibble - so long as the throw beats the db, our wr stars can take it from there.

Yes, but because there was air under the ball, Smoke could adjust...and he beat the defense so badly that they couldn't catch up.  That's actually a really good throw in that situation.  If he tried to hit Smoke in stride...and the ball was overthrown by six inches, it would've been incomplete.  As another poster pointed out, he had a problem missing open guys deep last year.  This was a good safe throw which lead to an easy 6.

• Like (+1) 4

33 minutes ago, mattynh said:

This is where he has improved, the long ball, he puts touch on it like a QB has to do a screen pass.  Last  year this ball would have been launched out of Hardrock stadium

As you observed the biggest area of improvements for Josh is ability to throw with touch when called for and, in addition, his accuracy. Without question he has tightened up on his scatter-shot throws. Last year he showed steady improvement; and this year (so far) he has made what appears to be a quantum leap. The addition of Diggs has not only given Josh another weapon but it has opened the field for Brown, Beasely and Knox. 

Earlier in the drive, they tried to make this same play and it was open, but Brown went under and Josh went over the top and it was incomplete. After that play you can see Josh look at him and motion with his hands to go deep instead of out. 

I dont know if it was Daboll who called it again or Josh, but it showed that they saw a weakness and wanted to attack it. And then they executed it. 

That's good leadership from the OC to the QB and from the QB to the WR. 

• Like (+1) 1

Some folks are talking about the slight under-throw on this great pass. As I think back to last year Allen was missing his deep throws by putting the ball 10 yards over the WR's head.  Clearly he's adjusted and that pass was placed exactly where he wanted it to be.

It seems to me that on the deep passes Allen has changed his throwing motion.  Last night I saw Wilson's deep throws and Allen seems to be using Wilson's mechanics here.

As an aside this is the 2nd straight year where Allen focused on improving a certain aspect of his game and he did.  This may be his greatest attribute - the ability & burning desire to get better. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

I looked into my Crystal Ball this morning.  It predicts that as long as we have Diggs and Brown healthy, we will NOT be seeing so much Blitz Zero this season

1 hour ago, Simon said:

About :30 into that clip, when JA and JB are celebrating.

Do those two little scamps share a toke and a shot ? - )

Yep, that's their go-to celebration ritual.  They pahtee!  Then whatever they're smoking, they drop it and grind it out with their foot.

He's got a ritual with Diggs too, but I haven't figured it out yet.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

It was fantastic, and I'm NOT complaining, but my one nit-pick was that Brown had to slow up and turn around for the catch and the Defender really did get there in time, he just wasn't turned around to bat the ball down. Leading Brown and making the throw a little longer makes it a perfect pass. 

This is just the reality of QBing. Wilson did the same thing on his deep shot to Metcalf last night and he's the best deep ball thrower ever.

15 minutes ago, arcane said:

This is just the reality of QBing. Wilson did the same thing on his deep shot to Metcalf last night and he's the best deep ball thrower ever.

Right, which is why I'm not really criticizing Allen at ALL! He was simply fantastic overall, but there's always room for growth and that it was a TD that almost wasn't which would have been a shame given how great the route was and the throw being good in general. JMO

Another 2 yards longer in that ball and there’s no chance for the defender, good read, solid throw, would like to see that next step if hitting him in stride, 2 yards into the end zone and nobody having a chance but Brown.  Big steps nonetheless!

10 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Can we talk about the Josh/Brown celebration at :29?

Slap, slap, take a toke, take a shot!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

It was a beauty, but the throw to Diggs earlier in the drive is maybe the best throw he’s ever made in his football life. The rollout under pressure, the absolutely effortless flick of the wrist, the perfect placement; it’s all there.

You can definitely count on one hand the QBs that can make that throw. 

What way was he rolling out? I started noticing last year that Allen seems to roll right more naturally. Rolling left and throwing seems to be his only area so far that’s still a work in progress. Don’t get me wrong, I will take it! He has come so far and I think he will keep getting better. 

honestly I think his 2 best throws were the ones to Diggs. The best was the out he threw to Diggs when they were backed up in the end zone. He put the perfect touch on that ball and dropped it right into Diggs. The other was the out to the sidelines that Diggs slid under the Miami table.