2020 NFL Draft: Round 1 discussion

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

50% chance Jefferson busts out of the league in 5 years. 

and Bonus- with potentially shortened offseason, rookies, will have an even steeper climb.

Bill had the cap, not a good move. An excellent one. 

But how much of a steeper climb will it be compared to someone going to a brand new team having to learn a brand new offence that apparently hasn't been the easiest to learn (Isn't Dabolls offence supposed to be a bit complicated)? I have no idea about Jefferson, and like the Diggs trade, but saying rookies are going to have a tough time this year without the extra practice, what about players coming over to new teams who have to get used to someone new throwing to them? I believe Brady said sometime last year that it can take him and a WR 30 days sometimes to get in sync with each other working together. Allen hasn't been someone whos easy to catch balls from with how hard he throws and the placement not always being in easy to catch spots.

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Watch the tape. Regarded as BEST route runner in the NFL. Best contested catch rate of any WR. Ridiculous speed. 

Can literally do it all as a WR and has the mentality and work ethic to be the best in the game. True # 1 WR aren't easy to come by. Diggs is one of em , #1 CB guards him , opens up Brown/Beez and the run game. 

We got a legit SB window with this addition

Diggs is one of the top 10 WR's in the game and at worst just barely outside that range. That's not exactly an easy type of player to find and he helps the Bills tremendously. 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Trolls, yeah those trolls sure have been proven way wrong over the years with all those Playoff wins since 1995. 

Wow Brandon Beane looks great for someone that’s been around as GM since ‘95!

keep packing on the irrelevant retorts.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yeah I said all draft process Ruiz was the best interior lineman and winning teams value the trenches

Follow the drafting patterns of the best teams in the league and you typically see that pattern of first round picks being spent along the lines and at QB. That's the proper way to build a team. 

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Gosh Bills fans are so sensitive.

Jefferson is an interesting prospect, so I am not 200% sold the Bills hit a home rub had they just stayed at 22 and took Jefferson.

But it took a surprise move by the Eagles to make it a possibility.

To me, it’s something worth noting. Going forward.

45D593F1-F11D-404B-8414-F4C32815556C.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I think if the Bills had stuck at 22 and gotten Jefferson we'd all be thrilled.  But I still would take Diggs 10 times out of 10 for our situation. I think Allen needs someone that already knows how to be an excellent pro, and Diggs being so highly regarded at creating separation is also ideal. Biggest knocks I've seen on Jefferson is creating separation, though we'll see if accurate. More importantly it's we don't really have the luxury to hope another WR pans out and the time it normally takes (at least a year) to do so. Plus Diggs is already relatively cheap as #1WRs go, but cap room also is no issue. This was a good move by Beane. I think it's a decent move for MINN too given Diggs not wanting to be there, but a little curious to pick another slot guy when that's what they already have. But I get it for best available.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I like Aiyuk a lot.... just not sure I see Aiyuk and Samuel as a great match. Seem too similar to me.

I agree, GB. I like Aiyuk but thought the trade was a little superfluous. BTW, I love Deebo Samuel. Where did you have him last year? If he had been in this draft, where would you have slotted him?