WEEK 2: B

WEEK 3: C+

WEEK 4: F

WEEK 5: B+

WEEK 7: B

WEEK 8: D+

WEEK 9: B+

14/20 - 160 yards - 1 TD, 0 INT - 12 yards rushing, 1 TD 

The good: I felt Josh Allen had total control over the game and establishing the run helped that. He never had to do too much or get into "hero ball" mode. His ball placement was good, and he spread the ball out. Zero interceptions. Not even close ones. Gotta love that progression!

The bad: We are still awaiting the deep ball. Many factors are in play here however the fact remains that he has yet to hit one, and him being athletic enough to beat the cold weather in Buffalo was one of the main reasons he was drafted. Concerns are beginning to also surface regarding the inability to hit vertical routes.

The ugly: Fumbles. They must stop. Sure we didn't lose the ball, but it doesn't mean that their is an issue regarding him holding on to the ball.

Overall: As a sophomore, I love where Josh Allen is along his progression. He is leading the team and winning games. The people who are low on Allen need to stop expecting Mahomes level explosions of yardage and understand that it takes time for a QB in this league to get to that level. The people who are high on Allen need to understand that there are elements to his game that must be corrected or else we basically have Mitch Trubisky/Andy Dalton leading this team.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 4

They didn't ask him to do too much today, so there's not a lot to evaluate.  The fumble was bad, as was the missed slant to Brown.  But he had a brilliant play to escape a sack resulting in a deep pass that Brown should have caught.  Good game overall.  B.

Josh played solid.  As noted, the fumbles need to stop.  Brown dropped one pass, but Josh missed him on the slant that would have been a TD.  Still not sure how well he goes thru his progressions as he seems to lock onto the primary until it's too late to go to the next option.  

Brown had a couple of drops but then made up for it on the 3 and 18 catch.  Not to mention on that play that was  all Allen, Norman had to drop and respect Allen rushing for the first and when he did Brown was open

The fumble was why i grade him B vs B+

14 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

WEEK 1: B-

The good: I felt Josh Allen had total control over the game and establishing the run helped that. He never had to do too much or get into "hero ball" mode. His ball placement was good, and he spread the ball out. Zero interceptions. Not even close ones. Gotta love that progression!

The bad: We are still awaiting the deep ball. Many factors are in play here however the fact remains that he has yet to hit one, and him being athletic enough to beat the cold weather in Buffalo was one of the main reasons he was drafted. Concerns are beginning to also surface regarding the inability to hit vertical routes.

The ugly: Fumbles. They must stop. Sure we didn't lose the ball, but it doesn't mean that their is an issue regarding him holding on to the ball.

Overall: As a sophomore, I love where Josh Allen is along his progression. He is leading the team and winning games. The people who are low on Allen need to stop expecting Mahomes level explosions of yardage and understand that it takes time for a QB in this league to get to that level. The people who are high on Allen need to understand that there are elements to his game that must be corrected or else we basically have Mitch Trubisky/Andy Dalton leading this team.

GO BILLS!

I thought Daboll should've incorporated more of the playaction game with Singletary running the way he was. Josh is pretty good running it

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

B. Outside the fumble he played winning football

This.

That long ball to Foster was another frustrating long miss, but I really don't care about those passes if he's hitting the other ones.

What about the missed DPI by the refs on that 3rd down pass from Allen? And icing on the cake there was McDermott not throwing the challenge flag.

Allen REALLY needs to work on protecting the football as teams now know he has fumblitis, but as a passer, Allen's been really good.

My problems have been with Daboll and, to a lesser degree, McDermott.

Just having an overall solid sophomore season.

The fact the most glaring issues are the fumbles (easy fix) and taking an occasional bad sack is very good.  

Doing what he's doing with only 1 real recieving threat.  

And fyi I think EDIT 1 INTs since New England.

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, VirginiaMike said:

Josh played solid.  As noted, the fumbles need to stop.  Brown dropped one pass, but Josh missed him on the slant that would have been a TD.  Still not sure how well he goes thru his progressions as he seems to lock onto the primary until it's too late to go to the next option.  

The guys on youtube film room do nice reviews of Allen and they would disagree with your locking onto receivers in fact he doing a lot of good things moving the safeties.  Pretty no homer review on the game from the eagles they area good watch after each game breaking down Allen

• Thank you (+1) 2

I am happy with the way JA is progressing over all. I especially happy with his overall production in the 4th qtr. I would like to see the gloves come off when we have a 10 point lead at any point of the game, to see what Josh can do. Josh I making plays moving the ball and learning what it takes to play winning football. I hope his progress continues and he can get some invaluable playoff experience at the end of the season. 

Hard to judge Allen when the Bills did not really need him to do anything because the opponent was garbage.  He did what he needed to do.  We will know all we need to know about him when they hit the Cowboys-Ravens-Steelers-Patriots in weeks 12-15.

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I refuse to grade Allen today. The Bills gameplan was to hide him so I am not grading him in protest. 

Josh was fine. The gameplan was not. 14/20 for 160....  ***** me. This is not 1972. 

Yup. McD didn’t want Tyrod but he’s coaching Allen to be just like him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

WEEK 1: B-

GO BILLS!

Would have had a deep ball if Brown didn't let it slip through his hands.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I thought he played very good situational football today. The sole exception being the sack he took in the red zone. That's an unacceptable mistake but he'll fix it.

This is the kind of game I wanted to see from him. He wasn't given a ton of chances to make plays but he made plays when he has to. He had 3 incompletions that should have been 20+ yard gains on each. Converted a critical 3rd and 18 to essentially ice the game.

I still refuse to put a letter grade on Allen but I'm very pleased with his progress today.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Just having an overall solid sophomore season.

The fact the most glaring issues are the fumbles (easy fix) and taking an occasional bad sack is very good.  

Doing what he's doing with only 1 real recieving threat.  

And fyi I think EDIT 1 INTs since New England.

I don’t even mind the fumbles that much. Obviously don’t want to see them but when QBs run it happens. What I don’t like are the deep overthrows...and not completing the safe out passes that should be an automatic for 7-10 yards. If the primary receiver is taken away he needs to read the outlet quicker or take off and run.  Their record is great but When Allen gets better the Bills will be a serious playoff threat. 

3 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Honestly think the one to brown was back shoulder. 

That was absolutely a back shoulder and if it wasn't then you should question every single other back shoulder throw you see around the league as underthrown bc that looked perfect.  

B+/A- 111.6 passer rating(not his fault the coaches are playing Jauron Ball) that is not C/C+ material like some seem to think. When you throw in he was our best short yardage threat and he won, it has to be higher. No Ints in 3 straight and 7 TDs vs 1 Int in last 4 games.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

43 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

B+/A- 111.6 passer rating(not his fault the coaches are playing Jauron Ball) that is not C/C+ material like some seem to think. When you throw in he was our best short yardage threat and he won, it has to be higher. No Ints in 3 straight and 7 TDs vs 1 Int in last 4 games.

My thoughts exactly!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

did his job today. Daboll for some reason didn't let him throw that much but it was nice to get the run game going

playcalling was abysmal at times but not Allens fault. 

anyone else wonder what this offense would look like with Jay Gruden? He made Cousins and Dalton top 10 QBs

Edited by Tesla03