Post game Comments

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

I think Duke Williams might have. He was consistently winning on the slant and using his body to shield off the DB.  Plus he wasn't on at the end.  I think Bob Foster's big ST tackle helped him a  lot.

I believe both were already on the 53 man roster prior to the game. JMO.

I feel good for the guys on the field on all 3 phases in the 4th quarter.  Most won't make a team but they should be proud of what they did.

Hope it takes away a little bit of the sting most will feel in the next couple of days.

They left winners.

Tip of my hat!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Anyone hear if Ray Ray got traded and what we got?

Not yet though I wouldn't be shocked if this happened.

33 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Were there any good punters let go yet??

I think the moves will start trickling in tomorrow around noontime after coaches look at film and meet.  It may come in multiple waves and some might not come down until Saturday. Guys teams are trying to trade will be held longer.  Guys they want back on PS could go at any time. Sometimes teams hold them to the end, sometimes teams put them out there early.

Deadline to be at 53 is Saturday at 4pm

I think Yarborough and Murphy played themselves on the roster.  How?  Idk.  McCloud and Williams makes the Wr question more complicated.  I could see 5 Wrs or 7.  This is a group I have very little feel for. 

I think Lacy played himself off the roster.  I think they go Dotson or Joseph.  For the 6th lb.  I think Buffalo makes a few more trade.  There are I believe 2 teams with 2 good punters.  I think they flip a guy for a punter.  The next 2 days will be intersting. 

I'm happy even for the players that played well, but won't make the roster. They still helped themselves and I think guys like Marcus Murphy and Eddie Yarbrough and some of the younger players on our preseason roster will soon turn up on someone's roster for the regular season. Good for them. They earned it.

Now about upgrading that Punter position.

Edited by GreggTX

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I put a hundo on the Bills at 10/1 to won the division.  After last week the odds changed to 8/1.  I thinking that 10/1 is a great bet right now.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

26 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I think Yarborough and Murphy played themselves on the roster.  How?  Idk.  McCloud and Williams makes the Wr question more complicated.  I could see 5 Wrs or 7.  This is a group I have very little feel for. 

I think Lacy played himself off the roster.  I think they go Dotson or Joseph.  For the 6th lb.  I think Buffalo makes a few more trade.  There are I believe 2 teams with 2 good punters.  I think they flip a guy for a punter.  The next 2 days will be intersting. 

Nope I gotta disagree....and I loved the play

The fact is....there are players better then them this year.   This was always going to be a tough year for cuts because Beane did such a good job stocking this roster with talent.

Guys that can play in the NFL are going to end up getting cut....we just traded a OG that can start earlier today.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

his was always going to be a tough year for cuts because Beane did such a good job stocking this roster with talent.

Guys that can play in the NFL are going to end up getting cut....we just traded a OG that can start earlier today.

heh - when was the last time you could say that?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Keep an eye on Cleveland and LA Rams. Both of them had backup punters looking really, really good in the PS. The guy in LA has a colossal leg. 

I know it's just preseason, but that was cool.

The sideline was so excited. It's so clear they love each other and play for each other and they all genuinely care and want to win. That is NOT the case everywhere across the league.

Like they said on commentary, something special is brewing with this team.

Like John Harbaugh (winner of 16 straight preseason games) said: "We like to get in the habit of winning."

• Like (+1) 3

Yarbrough and Jaquan Johnson looked like men among boys out there. Sure it was against 3s and 4s (mostly guys who won't even be on Minnesota's squad), but it just proves they're a cut above most of the other players tonight. It will be tough not finding a spot for them on the roster (especially with Love on IR). But there are no guarantees.

Oh how I wish there were a spot for Marcus Murphy, but I'm afraid he will be a victim of numbers. The kid just plays hard every play, no matter what he's asked to do. And he's got some skills. He'll be on someone's squad this year, if not on Buffalo's.

Duke WIlliams looked good making contested catches over the middle. Strong, safe hands. I think they have to keep him for that extra dimension of size in the WR corps.

RayRay surprised me with both of the plays he made tonight. That first play, what a juke move and speed to beat three defenders to open space and then he lowered his head and bulled through a couple of players for like six more yards. I didn't think he had that in his game. The kid wants to make this team. Who knows?

Robert Foster secured his roster spot (as if it wasn't already) with a great special teams play, hitting the returner just as the ball got there. Proved he could play teams and will do whatever is asked of him.

I actually though that Lacey played a decent game, but not enough to keep his roster spot from last year. Dodson actually outshined him I thought, but I don't think he makes the cut either.

Shout out to Kyle Peko who made a few big plays and got good push up the middle. Came out of the game with a wrist or shoulder banged up, but then got back in the game later.

Tyree wasn't great, but he hung in there and brought the team back. Definitely practice squad worthy. Easley looked fast out there, 4 receptions, made the play to set up the final TD. And Sills V snagged the TD (after most of his other targets were bad balls from Tyree). Both practice squad bound if not picked off of waivers.

Great comeback! Way to make the most meaningless game on the NFL calendar fun to watch. And as others have said, loved seeing the whole team celebrating with each other. The team chemistry is through the roof.

Edited by folz
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, folz said:

Yarbrough and Jaquan Johnson looked like men among boys out there. Sure it was against 3s and 4s (mostly guys who won't even be on Minnesota's squad), but it just proves they're a cut above most of the other players tonight. It will be tough not finding a spot for them on the roster (especially with Love on IR). But there are no guarantees.

Oh how I wish there were a spot for Marcus Murphy, but I'm afraid he will be a victim of numbers. The kid just plays hard every play, no matter what he's asked to do. And he's got some skills. He'll be on someone's squad this year, if not on Buffalo's.

Duke Johnson looked good making contested catches over the middle. Strong, safe hands. I think they have to keep him for that extra dimension of size in the WR corps.

RayRay surprised me with both of the plays he made tonight. That first play, what a juke move and speed to beat three defenders to open space and then he lowered his head and bulled through a couple of players for like six more yards. I didn't think he had that in his game. The kid wants to make this team. Who knows?

Robert Foster secured his roster spot (as if it wasn't already) with a great special teams play, hitting the returner just as the ball got there. Proved he could play teams and will do whatever is asked of him.

I actually though that Lacey played a decent game, but not enough to keep his roster spot from last year. Dodson actually outshined him I thought, but I don't think he makes the cut either.

Shout out to Kyle Peko who made a few big plays and got good push up the middle. Came out of the game with a wrist or shoulder banged up, but then got back in the game later.

Tyree wasn't great, but he hung in there and brought the team back. Definitely practice squad worthy. Easley looked fast out there, 4 receptions, made the play to set up the final TD. And Sills V snagged the TD (after most of his other targets were bad balls from Tyree). Both practice squad bound if not picked off of waivers.

Great comeback! Way to make the most meaningless game on the NFL calendar fun to watch. And as others have said, loved seeing the whole team celebrating with each other. The team chemistry is through the roof.

Great breakdown!! Something I probably would never have time to do, but I agree with pretty much everything you mentioned here. 

40 minutes ago, folz said:

Duke Johnson looked good making contested catches over the middle. Strong, safe hands. I think they have to keep him for that extra dimension of size in the WR corps.

Who's Duke Johnson?

4 hours ago, foreboding said:

How about our minor concern for the roster is about which 6th or 7th player to keep and a punter.

Mass delusion or a sign of things to come, I ask you?

And add to that, we're trading away offensive lineman, a position of massive need last year. What twilight zone episode did I wake up in today?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, the skycap said:

Why is Dimarco a “lock” on the roster?? Let Lee Smith play H-back and keep Murphy. What has Dimarco done since he arrived that guarantees him a spot?

Ask Daboll.  We are running Pats O scheme which requires a FB.  Develin plays same role in NE including being a key STer.

7 hours ago, benderbender said:

The best part of the Murphy return TD highlight was the mic picking up someone yelling “He’s got room!” as he fielding the punt.

Actually he said “you got room, you got room” - but yeah, wasnt that sweet? I was at the stadium, left before end of the first half and then watched the comeback from home! 

7 hours ago, WMDman said:

marcus murphy punt return

tyree to sills for the game winner

Tyree’s run into the end zone going in the air to get in- he laid it all on the line last night and may have earned a PS spot but who knows none of us have a Crystal ball.

For all the glorious hand-wringing we’re doing debating the final piece of the ‘19 Bills, what the HELL is DiMarco doing not being in the conversation? Serious question. He was an instrumental cog for Atlanta in their SB year and was one of McDermotts 1st trades. I get it that he’s a locker room guy. But we now have Drafted Bills who are stepping into leadership roles. 

HE’S FREAKIN EXPENDABLE, SEAN!!!

Interesting comments just now from Sal. Bills didn’t gameplan for Vikes as Daboll & Frazier have been working on gameplans for the Jets. They allowed their position coaches to devise the plan -which included zero snaps from under Center for Tyree.

As pertains to our NEXT opponent, are they scouting what Darnold did well last year or what Gase did in his 1st season at Miami.

Real, Regular Season stuff! WOOOHOOOO!! 

• Like (+1) 1

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Aside from a stunning comeback to close Buffalo's first perfect preseason in franchise history, the Bills have even more promising news on the horizon.

General manager Brandon Beane announced during Buffalo's 27-23 win over Minnesota on Thursday that starting center Mitch Morse has been cleared after spending the past month in the NFL's concussion protocol.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bills-score-3-tds-final-4-minutes-beat-022731625--nfl.html

Beane added tight end Tyler Kroft has a chance to start the season on the active roster given the progress he's shown recovering from a broken right foot sustained in May. Beane said he will first consult with doctors Friday before determining whether Kroft will be added to the roster or open the season on the physically unable to perform list, which would sideline the player for at least the first six weeks of the season

sorry if I missed this being posted earlier.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan