punter battle over for now. the bills released carter

WMDman

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Both are awful so hopefully we bring in Ryan Allen from NE to be the guy. 

I thought Bojo was worse than Carter so im pretty surprised by this. 

If this was really a thing that was going to happen why didn’t they put a Waiver claim in on him 6 days ago when he was Cut. 

5 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Just looking at the box scores from this past weekend’s games, 12 teams had 2 punters kick so there should be a lot to choose from.

Cheatriots leaked they’ll be carrying two active punters...suddenly it’s de rigueur throughout the league that everyone carries two active punters.  ??

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

If this was really a thing that was going to happen why didn’t they put a Waiver claim in on him 6 days ago when he was Cut. 

Because wouldn't they have to pay him the salary he had in NE? Maybe we can get him rven cheaper? :)

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

He was essentially league minimum already. 

Well his salary this year was supposed to be 1. 55 with easy bonuses for an additional 500 K. 

I dont really consider that "essentially league minimum", but ill stand down on the point that the Bills are or are not interested. 

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They were both really bad. 

Yup.  Saw somewhere that there are two teams (Giants and somebody else) who still have two veteran punters on their rosters.  The Pats*** old punter is out there as well.

Can't imagine the Bills being comfortable with Bojo going into the season.

18 minutes ago, eball said:

Yup.  Saw somewhere that there are two teams (Giants and somebody else) who still have two veteran punters on their rosters.  The Pats*** old punter is out there as well.

Can't imagine the Bills being comfortable with Bojo going into the season.

Bojo is like the hot girl who is crazy. He tantalises you because he has a huge leg and when he catches one it flies but he has an uncanny ability to shank them, poor hang times and not much directional kicking ability. Add to that his propesnity for the ridiculous (dropping the snap, midhandling the holds for Hauschka etc) and it makes him just far too unreliable to have a long term relationship. 

• Haha (+1) 1

One punter that is on the market is long time Patriots punter Ryan Allen. He is 29-years old and a potential option for the Bills. Allen was busy in this past Super Bowl, punting five times for 215 yards, with three pinning the Rams inside the 10-yard line, in New England's 13-3 win.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

One punter that is on the market is long time Patriots punter Ryan Allen. He is 29-years old and a potential option for the Bills. Allen was busy in this past Super Bowl, punting five times for 215 yards, with three pinning the Rams inside the 10-yard line, in New England's 13-3 win.

I'm sticking with my statement that it'll be Allen, Hekker/Brock Miller (whoever LAR cut), or Colquitt/Gillan (whoever Cleveland cuts)

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Carter must be really bad if Bojo beat him out.

(If things had worked out differently, I would have written: "Bojo must be really bad if Carter beat him out").

I heard this on the radio a couple of days ago- In the NFL the most important ability is availability.

Carter was unavailable way too often to be counted on.  Injured in back to back preseasons.