Bills host OG Quinton Spain from Titans***Update...SIGNED***

3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Nsekhe has stated that he is much better on the left side and not very comfortable on the right side. Is that the case with Dawkins? Was Dawkins also not listed as a guard in the draft? 

Yes it is. And yes he was projected by many (me included) as a guard with the position flex to play tackle. He played mainly as a LT in college and when the Bills were trying that first offseason to train him at RT he majorly struggled. Cordy went down he shifted onto the left and was suddenly much better. 

For me he has to play on the left not the right. He is a serviceable left tackle and a potentially special left guard. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes it is. And yes he was projected by many (me included) as a guard with the position flex to play tackle. He played mainly as a LT in college and when the Bills were trying that first offseason to train him at RT he majorly struggled. Cordy went down he shifted onto the left and was suddenly much better. 

For me he has to play on the left not the right. He is a serviceable left tackle and a potentially special left guard. 

This.

That's one reason that I'm in favor of drafting a right tackle--a guy that has shown that he can play on that side.  I'll get into your boy Edwards a little more, but my first glance said that he was a highly-developmental guy.  Give me Scharping in round 3 and I'll feel really good about that RT spot for a while.

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

they needed too after last year's debacle.

im still hopeful they draft some. Really want Lyndstrom and Williams

Oh I'll get your a Williams...

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/trayveon-williams?id=32195749-4c18-5325-3179-dd521a18c706

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, tombstone56 said:

I would like to them get him under contract now,! HE is a mauler !!)) .I could easily see  Waddle, Spain , Morse , MONGO, and Nseke  being the starting lineup this fall 

No Dawkins huh? He'll be a starter somewhere on that line

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, tombstone56 said:

Dawkins has been serviceable but NEVER dominant .t these guys are not planning are being sight seeing, if Dawkins starts he will have earned it , he will be pushed.

Well i think that this offseason has shown that nobody just gets a job on this OL......which is a good thing always

I think Dion is better then he is being given credit for

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Well i think that this offseason has shown that nobody just gets a job on this OL......which is a good thing always

I think Dion is better then he is being given credit for

He's definitely better than those who think he's a questionable starter.

On 3/24/2019 at 11:27 PM, GunnerBill said:

and who play LT  with what Bills have more recently acquired ?
Do the Bills appear to share your opinion ?
perhaps they do .

keep in mind Jordan Mills is gone and we have no starting RT to speak of yet

Interesting article on him being robbed two years ago by a woman he met in a nightclub who slipped him a Mickey back at his hotel.  Items stolen were worth 20% of prior years salary. 

if we sign him hope he invests his money more wisely 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2691105-titans-ol-quinton-spain-allegedly-drugged-robbed-by-woman-met-at-orlando-club.

btw he got engaged one month before this incident. 

2 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Interesting article on him being robbed two years ago by a woman he met in a nightclub who slipped him a Mickey back at his hotel.  Items stolen were worth 20% of prior years salary. 

if we sign him hope he invests his money more wisely 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2691105-titans-ol-quinton-spain-allegedly-drugged-robbed-by-woman-met-at-orlando-club.

btw he got engaged one month before this incident. 

Was the woman named Cardi B?

• Haha (+1) 11

15 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

Outside looking in seems buffalo bills offer is better but wants to play in California.  Trying to squeeze the rams 

The guy grew up in a small town in Virginia. He went to college in Morgantown. He’s played professional football for the last four years in Tennessee. Where do you see the California connection? My guess is he thought he would receive better offers for his services based on his play. He’s being patient. Based on his past addresses he would be very comfortable in Buffalo ?

2 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

The guy grew up in a small town in Virginia. He went to college in Morgantown. He’s played professional football for the last four years in Tennessee. Where do you see the California connection? My guess is he thought he would receive better offers for his services based on his play. He’s being patient. Based on his past addresses he would be very comfortable in Buffalo ?

It's not about being comfortable necessarily.  The Rams have a better football team than we do, they have a more heralded coach, and just because a guy is from the sticks, went to school in WVA and played in Nashville doesn't mean that the he wouldn't LIKE the opportunity to move to California if it presented itself. 

I'm from WNY, I've lived in Southeastern PA for 20+ years now and I'd move to Arizona tomorrow given the opportunity.  I really like it there, particularly the Flagstaff area.  There is no obvious connection that anyone could see looking at my bio but if I had professional opportunities in WNY or Flagstaff and I had to choose one, WNY would have to pay me SIGNIFICANTLY more money.  These guys travel.  He's been to a lot of the cities in the NFL and I'm sure he has preferences based on that at a minimum.

46 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

It's not about being comfortable necessarily.  The Rams have a better football team than we do, they have a more heralded coach, and just because a guy is from the sticks, went to school in WVA and played in Nashville doesn't mean that the he wouldn't LIKE the opportunity to move to California if it presented itself. 

I'm from WNY, I've lived in Southeastern PA for 20+ years now and I'd move to Arizona tomorrow given the opportunity.  I really like it there, particularly the Flagstaff area.  There is no obvious connection that anyone could see looking at my bio but if I had professional opportunities in WNY or Flagstaff and I had to choose one, WNY would have to pay me SIGNIFICANTLY more money.  These guys travel.  He's been to a lot of the cities in the NFL and I'm sure he has preferences based on that at a minimum.

But saying he favors one over the other is pure speculation on your part. He could be favoring the Bills and using the Rams as Leverage, or it could be the other way around. Everyone has their own list of priorities … what makes one spot better than the other is purely in the eye of the beholder.

You say the Rams are a better team (and I agree) however the Bills are a rising team, so does one value trying to live up to expectations set by others before you, or do they value being part of the foundation of a team on the rise? Only he knows.

You say the Rams have a more heralded coach, and that may be. Is one so "star struck" as to want to go to a team where the coach gets the buzz for being a genius, or would he rather go to a team with a low key coach that deflects the success to his players? Only he knows.

As far as your desires to live in Flagstaff, I understand 100%. I left Buffalo chasing the almighty dollar, my career led me from California to here in Florida and I don't see me ever moving back. My reasons are the taxes and at 68 years old I just don't want to put up with the winter season but I have a brother and numerous friends that still live in WNY and wouldn't dream of moving.  

With all of that being said, IMHO if his motive is to create a bidding war, I predict the Rams may very well win. But not because LA is flashier than Buffalo, and not because the Rams are better than the Bills, not because their coach is more famous than ours, but it will because as much as we'd LIKE him on our team … we don't NEED him on our team. I'm not astute enough to know the level of need the Rams have on their O-line, but I do know the Bills have brought in a metric butt-ton of O-line help this off season and we draft high enough to get a prime lineman if we feel it's necessary. I'd guess Bean-o put a fair offer on the table and it's a "take it or not" kind of deal.  

• Like (+1) 3

If the Ram and Bills offers are competitive I would not blame Spain if he opted (and quickly) for the Rams. It's not just that right now they are the better team and legit championship contenders (every player likes to flash that ring) but he'd be joining a fully functioning elite unit, probably the best in the NFL. The Rams have McVey, who uses run friendly '11' personnel more than any other playcaller in the league and they also have Kromer, an outstanding and proven line coach. The Bills line is really on day 1 of a work in progress and realistically even if things work out well it will probably be a couple years before they can execute with consistent proficiency as a unit. It takes that long before the guys learn each other's tendencies and analyse how to attack different defences with a singular focus in meeting rooms, in practice and in live action. The Rams used to have a bad O-line, like us. It took them a couple of years to go from among the worst to the best. I actually have confidence in the Bills current braintrust and I think they will get there but right now the Bills and Rams would reflect very different propositions to a guy like Spain.

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

The point I was making was their was no proof he’s using the Bills for a better offer from the Rams or that he wants to play in California, it’s  merely speculation. Last year the Rams had a better team. Fortunately for Buffalo we get a chance to be a better team this year. 

1 hour ago, Paul Costa said:

The point I was making was their was no proof he’s using the Bills for a better offer from the Rams or that he wants to play in California, it’s  merely speculation. Last year the Rams had a better team. Fortunately for Buffalo we get a chance to be a better team this year. 

Agreed. It’s nice that the rams were good last year but for most players it will simply come down to gtd $$. Coaches, scheme, playing time. And calif has way higher taxes 

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Agreed. It’s nice that the rams were good last year but for most players it will simply come down to gtd $$. Coaches, scheme, playing time. And calif has way higher taxes 

That's pretty much why Bryce Harper chose the Phillies over the Giants, even though the Giants offered a bigger contract.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

and who play LT  with what Bills have more recently acquired ?
Do the Bills appear to share your opinion ?
perhaps they do .

keep in mind Jordan Mills is gone and we have no starting RT to speak of yet

An upgrade over Nsekhe would be nice, but Nsekhe is already a considerable upgrade over Mills.