Sign in to follow this  
Reed83HOF

Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

This is why I said a while ago that I think Antonio Brown could possibly be available via trade this year.

Beane call them and get this done!   

Tomlin (who I like very much) has lost this team.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Wow. 

WTF is in the water there in that locker room?  Le'veon Bell now AB.

Talk about a team imploding.  In the end, they did what they could (they won) and they didn't get the help they needed from Tenn or Baltimore, but Crikey.

Both are very talented guys, without a doubt but both are also making themselves Poison Pills.

They've had a string of whack jobs there for years.  It's PROFESSIONAL football.   Bunch of idiots trying to play themselves out of the league.  

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wow. 

WTF is in the water there in that locker room?  Le'veon Bell now AB.

Talk about a team imploding.  In the end, they did what they could (they won) and they didn't get the help they needed from Tenn or Baltimore, but Crikey.

Both are very talented guys, without a doubt but both are also making themselves Poison Pills.

Tomlin seems to have a hard time keeping his players in check. Something is really not right in that organization at all. It's sad really, they aren't a terrible team but accountability and discipline are sorely missing.

36 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

First Bell, now Brown... what is going on in Pittsburgh? 

Exactly. This is weird.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/31/are-steelers-moving-toward-a-divorce-from-antonio-brown/

Based on his contract, not much — without taking a massive cap hit. Thanks to a $19 million signing bonus paid in 2017 and a $12.96 million restructure bonus paid in 2018, the Steelers would carry $21.12 million in dead money if they cut or trade Brown. (They could release him in March with a post-June 1 designation, resulting in $7.04 million counting against 2019 and $14.08 million counting against 2020.)

Whenever a decision is made, something needs to happen by the fifth day of the league year, which begins in March. That’s when Brown earns another $2.5 million roster bonus. Presumably, the Steelers would want to cut or trade him before then.

• Like (+1) 1

I think Kordell Stewart tainted the water in the Burgh before he left.

• Haha (+1) 1

Tomlin runs the "Jimmy Johnson" no discipline, boys being boys, we at the club locker room. Bell and Blunt caught with weed on way to airport.  Martavius Bryants antics, and now this.   Bad character kills teams.  Good luck with that.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

You wanna see beef, put AB and Poyer in the same locker room.

I like beef in my locker room.

Is uh.. "Pig Ben" a typo? because if not.. I like it.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Yeah, if they had slipped into the playoffs they’d be one and done.  I think the Ravens stand a better chance at making things interesting.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

We all know he’s going to end up with the Jets or Patriots.

Good. Because the minute things go wrong (read: whenever he feels he’s not enough of the focal point of the offense) he will pull the same crap. That won’t be good for Darnold and whatever young QB the Pats*** eventually get to replace Brady. 

Great player, lousy teammate. 

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is why I said a while ago that I think Antonio Brown could possibly be available via trade this year.

Beane call them and get this done!   

It would take a number #1 pick and additional high picks this year and next to get a deal done for this high cost and volatile player. No thank you. I'm not dismissing his talent because he is one of the best receivers in the game. It's well known that McDermott preaches team first. Antonio is not singing from the same choir book. The best approach is to keep building the roster with your own draft picks and judicious selection of players from the free agent market who are not caught up in their own diva act.  

On the other hand I would be very interested in taking his cousin, Hollywood Brown, a speed receiver from Oklahoma with a second round pick if he was still on the board. 

• Like (+1) 1

He’s probably the best receiver in the league.. Pittsburgh ain’t letting him leave. Read above the cap ramifications they’d be handicapped big time for the next couple years. Ben won’t be there as long as brown is. 

16 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Tomlin seems to have a hard time keeping his players in check. Something is really not right in that organization at all. It's sad really, they aren't a terrible team but accountability and discipline are sorely missing.

Tomlin runs a loose ship. Which is okay when you have some legitimate leaders in your lockerroom to carry the load. Let the players self enforce themselves. Troy Polamalu. 

When you got Big Ben running the ship unchecked you're going to have problems. Not a leader of men, and that's when Tomlin's gotta tighten it up.

I hate the Steelers anyway, so screw em. They'll be fine regardless they draft the best of any team out there. This isn't the first time they've imploded, they're a really talented group of players that shoot themselves in the foot every now and then.

• Like (+1) 1

Wow. Something needs to happen in Pittsburgh. This is a mess. First Bell, now Brown. Makes me wonder about the culture in their locker room. Bunch of Prima Donna's in the steel city.

• Like (+1) 2

Sounds like Tomlin needs to import some process—things getting too comfortable for him? Losing control of the locker room might be a part of that result? The Rooneys do a lot right, but arguably leave the HC in place just a little bit too long, to a fault. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It would take a number #1 pick and additional high picks this year and next to get a deal done for this high cost and volatile player. No thank you. I'm not dismissing his talent because he is one of the best receivers in the game. It's well known that McDermott preaches team first. Antonio is not singing from the same choir book. The best approach is to keep building the roster with your own draft picks and judicious selection of players from the free agent market who are not caught up in their own diva act.  

On the other hand I would be very interested in taking his cousin, Hollywood Brown, a speed receiver from Oklahoma with a second round pick if he was still on the board. 

Agree he’s not worth that, but he won’t fetch that much IMO.  I think at most he will go for a just a first.  And I think he could be had for a 2nd and like a 4th or 5th. 

Hes 30, and now has a teammate image problem.  He’s not gonna fetch a bounty IMO.  I would be willing to trade our first for him.  He has at least 3 or 4 years of Elite play left and those are prime development years for Josh.

And yeah, Brown wouldn’t be a bad pick in the draft.  Didn’t know they were cousins.