Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

Reed83HOF

We don't need someone JA has to worry about because he didn't get enough touches. I don't see us passing 40+ times a game and his #'s will drop. Plus he's not a lockeroom fit. You don't bang someone's(Poyer) fiance and get respect from teammates. Apparently Poyer was cheating on his fiance 1st and karma is a ...but we just don't need this stuff in our locker room. No way do we bring him in.

• Like (+1) 1

Word spreading on Twitter is the possibility that the Steelers could trade Antonio Brown after his incident last week.

If you are a reciever needy team like the Bills, how much would you give up for Brown, perhaps one of the best WR’s in the NFL.  Also he played said he a QB that has similar attributes in Bigg Ben.

I will give Bill Barnwell credit:

He pointed out that under Brown’s deal, Pittsburgh would have to eat Darius levels of dead cap space ($21 Million) if they traded him.  Also if reports are true, I can’t see Brown being a McDermott/Beane guy.   So the whole thing could be moot.  

But if you are Brandon Beane, A.) do you try to trade for Antonio Brown and B.) how much would you be willing to give?

If Amari Cooper went for a #1, I think we are looking at a Khalil Mack type deal plus (2 #1’s, 1 #3, 1 #6)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/31/are-steelers-moving-toward-a-divorce-from-antonio-brown/

6 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Word spreading on Twitter is the possibility that the Steelers could trade Antonio Brown after his incident last week.

If you are a reciever needy team like the Bills, how much would you give up for Brown, perhaps one of the best WR’s in the NFL.  Also he played said he a QB that has similar attributes in Bigg Ben.

I will give Bill Barnwell credit:

He pointed out that under Brown’s deal, Pittsburgh would have to eat Darius levels of dead cap space ($21 Million) if they traded him.  Also if reports are true, I can’t see Brown being a McDermott/Beane guy.   So the whole thing could be moot.  

But if you are Brandon Beane, A.) do you try to trade for Antonio Brown and B.) how much would you be willing to give?

If Amari Cooper went for a #1, I think we are looking at a Khalil Mack type deal plus (2 #1’s, 1 #3, 1 #6)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/31/are-steelers-moving-toward-a-divorce-from-antonio-brown/

Cooper is a lot younger than AB.  I would give Foster and a 2nd or a 2nd and 3rd this year and 4th next.

I'd happily hand over a 1st round pick if I thought he and Poyer could coexist.

He immediately legitimizes the team's passing game.

But I don't think McDermott would do it, nor do I think Pittsburgh will end up moving on from him. He and Ben need each other.

Pass on this self-centered Prima Donna.  Locker room cancer in its purest form.  

After KB can’t see McD doing it again. And Brown is too old to be part of OBD rebuild already underway. 

OBD will use draft for new #1 type WR 

Zero. A whiny malcontent on a team that feeds him the ball moving to a team with a second year QB? That'd work out real well. Ryan Clark ripped him a new one and it's some stunning insight into this locker room cancer. Let him be someone else's problem. I would never want to have a guy like this on a team, ever. Give me the slightly less productive team leader all day. 

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

But I don't think McDermott would do it, nor do I think Pittsburgh will end up moving on from him. He and Ben need each other.

What happened with Poyer?

5 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

What happened with Poyer?

Earlier this year, Jordan Poyer had just married the love of his life, Instagram model Rachel Bush, only for things to go downhill in July after she found out he was cheating on her. This was just months after Rachel Bush allegedly cheated on Poyer—with Steelers WR Antonio Brown, according to at least one Twitter user.

16 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Antonio Brown is an elite talent. However, he is the anthesis of everything that McDermott stands for within his team concept and locker room mesh. If he acquired Brown he would be undercutting his credibility on what he stands for and what he publicly preaches. When the pulpit loses it's credibility the people in the pews stop paying attention! As Nancy Reagan said: Just say no!

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Earlier this year, Jordan Poyer had just married the love of his life, Instagram model Rachel Bush, only for things to go downhill in July after she found out he was cheating on her. This was just months after Rachel Bush allegedly cheated on Poyer—with Steelers WR Antonio Brown, according to at least one Twitter user.

The love of his life? Lmao...things can change pretty quick these days. He married her cause she was hot. Any dude that marries a woman who cheats on him right before their wedding deserves what he gets. That is such a beta move...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1