Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

Reed83HOF

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s not that though.  Listen to Ryan Clark go off on him in his ESPN segment about Brown.  The guy was the only person in the locker room that didn’t participate in other guys camps, didn’t help anyone else out, would leave kids out to dry when he was supposed to show up for events...   He just sounds a selfish person.  

He had time and effort for that Drake music video though. 

He has forgotten where he came from. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

and what would he do , when Josh pulls the ball down and runs ? Because he does that. When receivers are open. he seems to be playing like he needs to win games.
just his nature at this age : )
 Brown and Allen would get along just swell ....

: )

There is a huge culture problem in Pittsburgh, it isn't just Brown. Bell sat for a season and the o-linemen publicly criticized him. Roethlisberger publicly questioned their decision to draft a QB in the 3rd round. Everyone there seems to hate working with each other and Tomlin has lost the team. A change of scenery sometimes is all that's needed. Again the Bills would need to do their research and make sure Brown would accept a trade here.

18 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

How many years does he have left of premier production? He is 30, will be 31 before training camp starts next year. No way I'm trading a first round pick for past production.

You’re paying for current production though. 

1300 yards and 15 TDs this year

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think he has 4 good years left. I honestly don't know what the price would be. I personally would give our 1st round pick but maybe he wouldn't cost that much.

Here is the issue...you are paying top dollar for what will be less and less performance as the contract ages...he just signed a 4 year $68 million extension...that is huge money for a guy who will be 31 by training camp next year.

Basically Pittsburgh has gotten all his prime years and whoever trades for him will get an unknown...and on top of that a huge contract and a problem in the locker room. Who is going to give a 1st round pick for that? Nobody in my opinion...Cowboys gave up a 1st for Cooper because he is 24. He has 4-5 more years in his prime left. Brown might not have any...you never know with WRs...they tend to fall off a cliff when they decline.

Love how the Steelers are falling apart. Bell will be gone, maybe Brown will be traded, and Ben has been considering retirement since atleast last year. Plus Tomlin is probably after next year when his contract expires.

they will be bottom feeders for a while.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, hemma said:

Just sign the 2 WRs on the Steelers PS.

At least one of them is bound to be unbelievable.

Calling EMF...calling EMF...just call up the player and start playing this song for them...

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

You’re paying for current production though. 

1300 yards and 15 TDs this year

No I'm paying for this years production. WRs tend to fall off a cliff...he might never crack 1000 yards again, and there is no real way of knowing when thats going to happen. Why would you risk a high draft pick and take on a contract paying him for 4 years like a top WR when you will likely get no more than 1 or 2 years of that production, if any...dude will be 31 before training camp hits next year.

This is the type of stuff the Raiders do...this is not the type of thing a young rebuilding team trying to do it right does. Like maybe if i was a team that had a good enough roster that I think AB could put us over the top and give us a 2 year window for a Super Bowl, I make the move and live with the last 2 years of the contract as part of the price you have to pay, but we are not that team and this move makes 0 sense in that regard.

Edited by matter2003

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Calling EMF...calling EMF...just call up the player and start playing this song for them...

No I'm paying for this years production. WRs tend to fall off a cliff...he might never crack 1000 yards again, and there is no real way of knowing when thats going to happen. Why would you risk a high draft pick and take on a contract paying him for 4 years like a top WR when you will likely get no more than 1 or 2 years of that production, if any...dude will be 31 before training camp hits next year.

This is the type of stuff the Raiders do...this is not the type of thing a young rebuilding team trying to do it right does.

He’s literally shown no signs of slowing down and is still an elite player and arguably the best at his position. 

56 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'd trade a 1st and Poyer to the Steelers if that's what it took. Antonio Brown is a top 10 player in the entire league and immediately fills our biggest need. You don't let someone like that go because he has bad blood with an above average safety. If Brown is available we should do whatever it takes to get him. I'd offer a 1st and a 4th and maybe a player.

So youre going to trade the 9th overall pick and a gourth for a 30 yr old WR.  Is that you Whaley.

6 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I am not trading the ninth overall pick for an older WR and 20.

So his age is the issue? I mean, realistically any player you trade a pick for is going to be older than the guy you'd draft.

Also, what player are you getting at 9 that you feel confident will contribute more to the team for the next 3 years than the combined effort of Brown and the player you pick at 20?

9 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Hopkins,and Julio I agree with, JuJu is not in the same area code as them IMO.  He is good though.  How did there offense look without AB.

JuJu caught 111 for 1400 this year. He’s emerging into elite territory. 

Without AB? You mean this past game? Who cares?

12 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He’s literally shown no signs of slowing down and is still an elite player and arguably the best at his position. 

When a player loses speed and quickness production starts dropping...he is right around the time that happens for WRs...why would you make a bad bet? 

4 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

JuJu caught 111 for 1400 this year. He’s emerging into elite territory. 

Without AB? You mean this past game? Who cares?

He did that with AB lined up opposite.  Someday you guys will understand stats dont tell the whole story.

Take a look at Price's stats lined up with Moulds and then check him out for the rest of his career.

Teams are not game planning to stop JuJu they are trying to stop AB and still cant.

As far as your last statement, That very fact makes my point its very important to the arguement.  LOL I love how some of you like to dismiss anything that proves you wrong.  

Edited by formerlyofCtown