Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

Reed83HOF

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m sure he’d grow on me when he’s tearing up secondaries, but he’d be an outlier on a team of guys who are all pretty likeable.   

Yeah, I’m not sure how many likable top shelf WRs there are.

Although AB has been the best WR in the league over the last 5-6 years his days are numbered. His speed and quickness are what makes him great. Those things don’t last too long after the age of 30. I wouldn’t give up much for him.

Much like the QB position the Bills need to just keep drafting WR until they hit one out of the park.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I'd happily hand over a 1st round pick if I thought he and Poyer could coexist.

I'd trade a 1st and Poyer to the Steelers if that's what it took. Antonio Brown is a top 10 player in the entire league and immediately fills our biggest need. You don't let someone like that go because he has bad blood with an above average safety. If Brown is available we should do whatever it takes to get him. I'd offer a 1st and a 4th and maybe a player.

I'd sign him to a vet-minimum, heavily incentive-laden contract.  Keeps his nose clean and produces, he gets his pay-day.  ***** up, and he's gone with as minimal impact as possible.

But no way I'd give up anything for an idiot like this.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MDH said:

Yeah, I’m not sure how many likable top shelf WRs there are.

Although AB has been the best WR in the league over the last 5-6 years his days are numbered. His speed and quickness are what makes him great. Those things don’t last too long after the age of 30. I wouldn’t give up much for him.

Much like the QB position the Bills need to just keep drafting WR until they hit one out of the park.

DeAndre Hopkins, Julio Jones and, well, JuJu at this point. They’re all immensely likeable elite receivers.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the attitude thing is overblown. Antonio Brown grew up extremely poor. At one point as a teenager he was homeless for 6 months. He was a walk-on at Central Michigan and devoted himself to football before becoming an NFL star. Yeah like many football players he is emotional. He is also incredibly focused and talented. I think McDermott would love his attitude here and our young core would embrace him.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I think the attitude thing is overblown. Antonio Brown grew up extremely poor. At one point as a teenager he was homeless for 6 months. He was a walk-on at Central Michigan and devoted himself to football before becoming an NFL star. Yeah like many football players he is emotional. He is also incredibly focused and talented. I think McDermott would love his attitude here and our young core would embrace him.

I disagree.  He doesn’t want the potential headaches.  Lots of potential headaches with the one.  Imagine how mad he’d get at JA when he sails an important 3rd and long over his head?  

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'd trade a 1st and Poyer to the Steelers if that's what it took. Antonio Brown is a top 10 player in the entire league and immediately fills our biggest need. You don't let someone like that go because he has bad blood with an above average safety. If Brown is available we should do whatever it takes to get him. I'd offer a 1st and a 4th and maybe a player.

How many years does he have left of premier production? He is 30, will be 31 before training camp starts next year. No way I'm trading a first round pick for past production.

Edited by matter2003

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

and what would he do , when Josh pulls the ball down and runs ? Because he does that. When receivers are open. he seems to be playing like he needs to win games.
just his nature at this age : )
 Brown and Allen would get along just swell ....

: )

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I disagree.  He doesn’t want the potential headaches.  Lots of potential headaches with the one.  Imagine how mad he’d get at JA when he sails an important 3rd and long over his head?  

Jordan Phillips was a potential headache. He publicly defied his coach over his snap count. But he loves to play the game. I don't think McDermott minds that attitude as long as the player is talented and devoted to the game. That being said they would need to do their research and make sure Brown's personality would be the right fit here.

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

How about this: Buffalo trades the #9 pick and a 2nd round pick to Pittsburgh for Brown and the #20 pick?

That's effectively two 2nd round picks for AB.

Lets keep looking , shall we ?
we need those picks this year.
AB is not the answer my friend 

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

How many years does he have left of premier production? He is 30. No way I'm trading a first round pick for past production.

I think he has 4 good years left. I honestly don't know what the price would be. I personally would give our 1st round pick but maybe he wouldn't cost that much.

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It’s not that though.  Listen to Ryan Clark go off on him in his ESPN segment about Brown.  The guy was the only person in the locker room that didn’t participate in other guys camps, didn’t help anyone else out, would leave kids out to dry when he was supposed to show up for events...   He just sounds a selfish person.