McCoy is done, Trade him

QB Bills

18 hours ago, QB Bills said:

And he needs to be moved before other teams realize this. I know he's playing hurt, but the signs were there last year. He's clearly lost a step. Ivory and Murphy have been better this season. Ship him out and try to get anything for him while unloading that contract. 

If h's so obviously done, why would anyone trade for him?

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

If h's so obviously done, why would anyone trade for him?

Because a lot of dumb people run NFL teams. Someone just traded for Marshall Newhouse last week.

To be clear, I shouldn't have said that he's done. I meant his effectiveness for this team is done. He'd be a good weapon for a high flying offense. This team needs a guy who'll put his head down and just pound the ball. The o-line is not good enough to create holes for him to get to the next level. 

11 hours ago, clearwater cadet said:

I wouldn't give Pittsburgh a 2nd or 3rd and Shady for Bell.  Straight up shady for bell.  Bells on a 1 year deal with Pitts at most.  Pitts get a really good player who could put them over the top.  We get Bell with the possibility to extend him for 4 years at a hefty price, but we will help and might even help with Allen's development.  In 4 years Allen is ready for an extension, Bell will be 30 and released, and that money can be given to Allen.  Win win for everyone.    

I dont think that's how it works.  We would already have a negotiated deal with Bell, or else no trade.  He would have to sign his tender, then be traded to us, then sign his new deal the same day.

On 10/1/2018 at 10:47 AM, Scott7975 said:

Because McCoy is lucky to make it to the line of scrimmage.  Are you looking to go back to run, run, 3rd and long, pass, punt?

He ran 10 yards for a 1st the other day and it was throw throw throw punt..

How bout a screen.how bout he line up in the slot..Theres other ways than run run pass.

Josh allen was lost at the beginning of the game Sunday, could have used mccoy and ivory to help settle him down.

Mccoy is the only good weapon the bills have on offense, so use him

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/30/2018 at 11:01 PM, QB Bills said:

And he needs to be moved before other teams realize this. I know he's playing hurt, but the signs were there last year. He's clearly lost a step. Ivory and Murphy have been better this season. Ship him out and try to get anything for him while unloading that contract. 

Other teams are smarter than you 

Good call!   lol 

Im sure it had nothing to do with him only getting 21 total touches in the first 4 games... 

Surprisingly, when he gets the ball he is still very good. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BillsClinton said:

He was literally half (108 of 223) of our entire offensive output. 

I'm sorry, but misuse of the word literally drives me figuratively insane.

223 divided by 2 = 111.5 . Sorry, that is not LITERALLY half.  I can almost excuse the math, but don't say literally.

Sorry I'm whining

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, familykwi said:

I'm sorry, but misuse of the word literally drives me figuratively insane.

223 divided by 2 = 111.5 . Sorry, that is not LITERALLY half.  I can almost excuse the math, but don't say literally.

Sorry I'm whining

They have actually changed the definition (or added a secondary one) of literally to mean just the opposite. This is likely because people misused it so much. But: 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally

in effect VIRTUALLY used in an exaggerated way to emphasize a statement or description that is not literally true or possible

• 2 months later...

Took a lot of heat for this post. Wondering what everyone thinks now. 

If it's true that teams called about him at the deadline and the Bills refused to trade him, as has been reported, that is another terrible indictment on this front office. Should have taken whatever you could get for him. He may have some value somewhere, but it's not in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

Lol. Should we ask for one 1st or hold out for two? You know our games are on TV, right? Other teams know he's done.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

9 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Took a lot of heat for this post. Wondering what everyone thinks now. 

If it's true that teams called about him at the deadline and the Bills refused to trade him, as has been reported, that is another terrible indictment on this front office. Should have taken whatever you could get for him. He may have some value somewhere, but it's not in Buffalo. 

I agree ..anything was there at the deadline, they should have taken it.. and that went for a lot of players at the deadline.

This is a culture over strategy thing though..widely reported McD loves what the guy brings to the room..why he is prolly back next year ..but at $2m, not $9M$

What trade value does he have? He is a high cost back who at this late stage of his career can only be used as a specialty back. He isn't much of an inside runner who can be a workhorse back. He can be used as a swing back or a receiving back but unless he has a top-shelf line (which we don't have) his dancing style simply doesn't work. Ivory is more suited for this offense but again he is a fading back at the end of his career. 

What this team needs are backs with fresh legs who run north/south. So when an honest assessment of our offense is made our offense has to be reconstructed on the OL, receiving unit and the backfield. With the exception of the qb this is major rebuild. Tinkering around the edges is not going to be sufficient. 

33 minutes ago, JohnC said:

What trade value does he have? He is a high cost back who at this late stage of his career can only be used as a specialty back. He isn't much of an inside runner who can be a workhorse back. He can be used as a swing back or a receiving back but unless he has a top-shelf line (which we don't have) his dancing style simply doesn't work. Ivory is more suited for this offense but again he is a fading back at the end of his career. 

What this team needs are backs with fresh legs who run north/south. So when an honest assessment of our offense is made our offense has to be reconstructed on the OL, receiving unit and the backfield. With the exception of the qb this is major rebuild. Tinkering around the edges is not going to be sufficient. 

...Peterson signed with Deadskins for vet minimum ($1.015 mil).....3 years older and already has 1,042 yards in 2018....think somebody will pay Shady his $6+ mil?.....

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Peterson signed with Deadskins for vet minimum ($1.015 mil).....3 years older and already has 1,042 yards in 2018....think somebody will pay Shady his $6+ mil?.....

No one is going to pay Shady that amount money for his fading production. Peterson was basically out of the game when the Skins called after a string of backs got hurt. And Peterson is for the most part a north/south runner who played well for the Skins. If you put Shady on the Skins with his dancing style he would be as ineffective with them as with us. 

Putting aside the money issue McCoy's style of play is not suited for us, especially if you consider the OL he has to play with. As a receiving back he may have some utility but not at his price. My guess is that he won't be back next year. 

Without a doubt Peterson would have been more effective in Buffalo than McCoy was simply based on his style of running. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Weird that holding on to one of the most expensive RBs who is 30 and had a bunch of off field stuff didn’t work out for us. 

They will release McCoy this offseason.

My money is on a restructure down to about $2.5-$ 3M. Unless what happened yesterday is a big deal.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’d be fine with that.  I also just watched Chris Carson, a 7th rounder, look like a stud last night.  

All dependent on Shady and his ego. He becomes the 3rd down back, not the bell cow. 5 to 7 rushes a game--5-7 passing targets per game.