Do you think Robert Foster can develop to into a #1 receiver?

BBills88

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

In an ideal world, Foster is no higher than #2 on our depth chart. He's a bit of a one-trick pony at this stage. Hopefully he continues to improve, but we still need a legitimate #1 in a massive way.

He's improved a lot.  He's tracking and catching more of the long balls and he's making some catches on shorter routes.  If he can continue the improvement trajectory he'll be pretty good.  Bills were smart to sign him to a 2 year deal so he's a Bill next year and exclusive rights after that. 

Count me in in the Robert Foster train.  Mr butterfingers has found some sticky Syrup along the way, and he has always had the speed. Its quite impressive really.  I'm rooting for the guy, not that it matters anymore.  He is the #1 as of right now.  He has done it all on his own.

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Count me in in the Robert Foster train.  Mr butterfingers has found some sticky Syrup along the way, and he has always had the speed. Its quite impressive really.  I'm rooting for the guy, not that it matters anymore.  He is the #1 as of right now.  He has done it all on his own.

I was rooting for him in preseason then he looked bad. He has looked completely different since he came back after being cut. I don't know what changed, but damn, I'm happy for him and I hope he's here a long time. To be a UDFA, get cut that early, then bounce back is really impressive on my opinion. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

9 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

I think fans forget he was one of the top recruits in the country coming out of high school.  I will never understand why receivers go to Alabama but they do.  No production obviously with the style they play.  Hoping he is a keeper and proves his high school ranking right.  Stature doesn't matter if you can separate.  

Calvin Ridley and Julio Jones had a lot of production.  All depends on their QB at the time.  They have top recruits, like Foster, who are stuck in line behind other top recruits.  But unlike at other programs, backups can get a shot, because Saban runs that program like the kids are professionals.   Which is why kids go there.  Vicious cycle for all the other teams.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Where are all the people that said we screwed up not drafting Equanimeous St Brown? Foster now has double his receiving yardage.

I'd still take St Brown over McCloud.  I'll never understand the McCloud pick

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

DulwlvRV4AA3n62.jpg

Buffalo Bills wide receiver Robert Foster (16) goes up for a a catch against Detroit Lions defensive back Mike Ford (38) and defensive back Tracy Walker (47).    Buffalo Bills vs Detroit Lions at New Era Field on December 16, 2018.     Photo by Craig Melvin

Buffalo Bills wide receiver Robert Foster (16) completes the catch before being pushed out of bounds.    Buffalo Bills vs Detroit Lions at New Era Field on December 16, 2018.     Photo by Craig Melvin

Even the one that was out of bounds was probably the most acrobatic catch by a Bill this season.  Barely missed

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Where are all the people that said we screwed up not drafting Equanimeous St Brown? Foster now has double his receiving yardage.

I had to see if there was really a guy named that.  Nope - his real name is much longer:

Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown

???? Two thumbs up for Bob Foster.  We found ourselves a true diamond in the rough.  Well done.  He’s catching these JA fastballs at a high rate of late.  I still hope we sign a FA and draft a WR early, but knowing we have foster coming back really takes some weight off.  

I don’t know this guys story, but I bet he was a super talented dude all the way back to middle school who underachieved on the field, didn’t put in time grinding, and probably partied or did things that hurt his development. My only hope is all this success doesn’t go to his head, or ruin his drive. 

Edited by Dr.Sack
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

I don’t know this guys story, but I bet he was a super talented dude all the way back to middle school who underachieved on the field, didn’t put in time grinding, and probably partied or did things that hurt his development. My only hope is all this success doesn’t go to his head, or ruin his drive. 

I don’t think so at all. From what i read, he just couldn’t get targets ahead of Calvin Ridley when the jalen hurts offense was not passing a lot to begin with. 

• Like (+1) 1

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Let’s talk about Robert Foster.

The Bills’ undrafted rookie receiver can no longer be written off as a fluke. After his game-winning 42-yard touchdown in the Bills’ 14-13 win over the Lions on Sunday, Foster once again surpassed 100 yards. He’s done so three times in his last five games, including each of the last two. In all three games he’s started, Foster has surpassed 100 yards.

Here’s some context: over the last two weeks, the only receivers with more receiving yards are T.Y. Hilton and Amari Cooper. Informed of this fact after the game, Foster’s eyes widened before he caught himself and tried to pretend it didn’t phase him.

“Nah, man,” Foster said with a wide grin moments after jogging down the tunnel with a game ball. “For real, it’s just football. Regardless of the stats, man, it’s football to me. I really don’t care about all of that. I just like to play the game of football. I’m definitely happy to benefit the team and contribute with them. I’m just happy, bro. Just happy to be building the chemistry we have. Just everything. God’s been blessing us, man.”

Love the turnaround in attitude and work ethic with the results speaking loudly for him.  What a 180 from earlier this season.  Again I say kudos to Foster and the Bills' coaches (especially Robiskie) for getting this kid to wake up. 

EXAMINING THE JOSH ALLEN AND ROBERT FOSTER CONNECTION
The player in which the Bills invested the most draft capital and a player who was beyond a long shot somehow wound up being the best passing combination on Buffalo’s roster in 2018. Most may have expected the first half of that combination to be Josh Allen, but it’s unlikely anyone saw this coming from Robert Foster.

Foster, who has appeared in just 11 of the team’s 14 games, is only 24 yards behind the team leader in receiving yardage (Zay Jones, 492) and has just 19 receptions on the season.

The undrafted rookie has gone from released, to the practice squad, to trusted target for Josh Allen in the span of five weeks.

“It’s how hard Robert works,” said Allen, when asked why he trusts Foster so much. “In practice he’s always on the top of the speed charts. He’s extremely competitive being an undrafted rookie free agent. He’s got a lot to prove. The last four games have shown what he’s capable of. I know that early on in the year he wasn’t making these types of plays. He’s put his head down and gone to work. He’s a great story. I love the kid. He works his tail off and he gives me everything he’s got in practice and in games he produces.”

The trust between the two rookies reached another level on Sunday. Allen went from hitting Foster when he was open to giving the deep threat chances to make a play on the ball even when he’s covered.

I love what Foster is doing and I will say I have been up and down with him- liked him a lot when we signed him, wanted him gone after preaseason/dropseason, and now I’m all in on him again.

That being said- I’m cautious of this because I know how often players hit hot streaks and then disappear. 

I dont want us to count on Foster, and then have him become this years Keelan Cole.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think so at all. From what i read, he just couldn’t get targets ahead of Calvin Ridley when the jalen hurts offense was not passing a lot to begin with. 

You are correct. It was a totally different offense. You always knew Foster had talent (and especially speed) but Ridley wasn't going to come out. And, look at the running backs and even TEs on that team. There just were not many chances for Foster.

Hurts also ran much of the time and you know that Saban, although he has adapted, prefers a running game and a mistake free offense.

I'm loving his game, and McKenzie is a nice role player.

Next season we should sign a solid to great WR in free agency, draft a WR with a high pick, and bring back Foster, McKenzie and Zay. If we can add a TE that is a decent WR group, maybe a great one if Foster develops even more and our rookie and FA signing are great. Zay would be icing on the cake.