Down to Allen or Mayfield at 1

Jackson by a large amount.

1 minute ago, GreggTX said:

As far as arm talent goes, it's not even close. Allen over Jackson all day. I really don't want another inaccurate QB. Allen's also built to take more punishment.

Since arm talent isn’t a thing, this comment makes no sense.

Does Allen have a stronger arm? Yes. And that’s it.

Is that considered arm talent? No. Nothing is.

Edited by Jay_Fixit

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

As far as arm talent goes, it's not even close. Allen over Jackson all day. I really don't want another inaccurate QB. Allen's also built to take more punishment.

You don't want an inaccurate QB, but you want Allen? Huh...

Take Jackson if you want the more accurate QB....which IS what you want.

Did not vote b/c there was no "NEITHER" option, which is clearly an option.

If we can't move up and take Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield...I might even support an all out reset, push the QB selection back to a future draft, and then pray to God AJ doesn't totally suck.

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Allen's completion rate is 53 and 56 %.  I don't know what it was his first two years at Reedly Junior College.

What gets me is many people have Jackson as a better prospect than Michael Vick who went #1 overall and who knows what kind of career Vick would've had if it wasn't for his affinity for puppy combat.  He's had the most prolific college career out of any of the top QB prospects in this draft.  Meanwhile, Josh Allen threw for 167.4 yards per game with a 56% completion percentage in the Mountain West Conference.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Allen.

There's a reason he's generally mocked higher.

He's already visibly improved a great deal in his accuracy since the season ended.

In any case, I don't see Allen making it to #12. Jackson, maybe.

How has he visibly improved? We've only seen him throw passes against air.

The big, athletic guys are mocked higher every year, with scouts giving reasons such as "because he's a stud."

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

How has he visibly improved? We've only seen him throw passes against air.

The big, athletic guys are mocked higher every year, with scouts giving reasons such as "because he's a stud."

Yeah, he's visibly improved. If you throw passes against air and you have improved at the Senior Bowl, and then you have further improved at the combine and then you have further improved at your pro day, that's improvement. Visible improvement. No, it's not proof that that will all stick. But yeah, it's a very good sign. Plenty of people never even make that improvement.

And that's just not true that big athletic guys are mocked higher every year. Sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't. Mike Vick was 6'0" and he was mocked and drafted #1. Dan Orlovsky was 6'5" and he was ranked behind the 6'4" Alex Smith and the 6'2" Aaron Rodgers. Sean Mannion was 6'6". Remind me, was he mocked above Winston and Mariota? Manziel was mocked higher than Carr, wasn't he?

Plenty of times the tall athletic guy IS mocked higher, and then proves to be better. It works both ways.

2 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, he's visibly improved. If you throw passes against air and you have improved at the Senior Bowl, and then you have further improved at the combine and then you have further improved at your pro day, that's improvement. Visible improvement. No, it's not proof that that will all stick. But yeah, it's a very good sign. Plenty of people never even make that improvement.

And that's just not true that big athletic guys are mocked higher every year. Sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't. Mike Vick was 6'0" and he was mocked and drafted #1. Dan Orlovsky was 6'5" and he was ranked behind the 6'4" Alex Smith and the 6'2" Aaron Rodgers. Sean Mannion was 6'6". Remind me, was he mocked above Winston and Mariota? Manziel was mocked higher than Carr, wasn't he?

Plenty of times the tall athletic guy IS mocked higher, and then proves to be better. It works both ways.

You said a whole lot without saying anything at all.

What has he done to improve? He's played pitch and catch. Ran a 40 and jumped in the air. He played a senior bowl and looked almost as good as EJ Manuel.

He also threw at a stationary target net that day....and missed it.

:lol:

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

What gets me is many people have Jackson as a better prospect than Michael Vick who went #1 overall and who knows what kind of career Vick would've had if it wasn't for his affinity for puppy combat.  He's had the most prolific college career out of any of the top QB prospects in this draft.  Meanwhile, Josh Allen threw for 167.4 yards per game with a 56% completion percentage in the Mountain West Conference.

its okay he is going to be wearing red white and blue tmw night! Lamar <3

18 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Personally,  I'm not a fan of Allen Jackson.

Hes got creepy eyes.

Got that strange mustache and mullet combination going on too

• Like (+1) 1