Down to Allen or Mayfield at 1

1 hour ago, JM57 said:

Got that strange mustache and mullet combination going on too

Lol right?

Newho, actually answering the question...

JA all day every day!!

Not even close

It just comes down to if JA puts it together, he has that sky high upside. 

It's an IF for sure, but there is a reason his name got floated as a potential #1.

1 minute ago, BillsGuru4 said:

Per BR. Didnt see this posted

It's going to be Allen.  In my opinion, its been Allen from the beginning.  It's the reason they wasted a third round pick on Tyrod.   They knew they were going to draft the guy with the highest ceiling and let him sit for a year behind a veteran.  Just like the Chiefs did with Mahommes last year.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Either way I don't think it matters. Rosen will be available at 5 as long as the Giants don't take a QB. I would be really really surprised if they did. Would be a slap in the face to Eli and the previous coach just got fired for that

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

uh, why...... its the first pick of the draft. there's no screen necessary is there?

The NFL wants mystery to create intrigue that will drive additional ratings.  Keep everyone guessing instead of locking in on Darnold. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

If this is true then please please please McBean go get the #2 pick at any cost and daft the guys they like the best either Darnold or Rosen. 

Edited by wppete

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Either way I don't think it matters. Rosen will be available at 5 as long as the Giants don't take a QB. I would be really really surprised if they did. Would be a slap in the face to Eli and the previous coach just got fired for that

this is where i'm at as well... IMO the giants aren't going qb no matter who is there. so it means rosen is most likely the one sitting at 5. works for me.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Will-GM-for-food said:

Mayfield to Cleveland and Allen to NYJ would probably be the best case scenario for the Bills. Although I dont buy Baker at #1, I think its Darnold.

They will be the 2 best pro's, so no, it would be the worst case

What would be the possible motive to have a smokescreen when you hold the #1 pick?

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless they believe they could get their QB at a later pick or that they have multiple QB's who are  rated about the same as their top choice.

1 minute ago, Magox said:

What would be the possible motive to have a smokescreen when you hold the #1 pick?

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless they believe they could get their QB at a later pick or that they have multiple QB's who are  rated about the same as their top choice.

Suggested it's to find the leaks in their organization.  Beyond that, I agree with you.

Has anyone else noticed that Rosen is not talked about being a top 4 pick anywhere?  Unless buffalo trades up and even then most insiders say Allen.  Maybe teams like Rosen but are trying to keep it quiet?  Who knows.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Magox said:

Create so much confusion a desperate teams says "screw it" and way overpays for your #1 so they are guaranteed to get the guy they want.