Bills sign Trent Murphy

1 hour ago, KW95 said:

Jesus christ, is there a player the Pats arent after.  Is there a player that the Pats wouldnt make better.  Bellicheat is God on these forums I swear.

Well, they seem to prefer OUR players, but they are after all the others too. 

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Somebody is getting packaged in a trade to TB is my guess. Moving up to 7 puts us in a position to ease the fears of Indy or NYG missing out on a non QB player they like. If Cleveland, Jest, and Broncos go QB, that non QB player they like will slip to 7. Some great prospect is going to fall. 

This could very well come to pass. 

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What is your view on him Bandit. I remember quite liking him at Stanford and I think I was high on him before the Network talking head types caught up to him, but I have lost sight of him a bit in the league. Have you seen much of him? 

I had him as a top-50 pick that year; a classic 9-tech with his arm length and ability to bend.

The only thing missing for me was a faster closing speed to the QB

1 hour ago, Watkins90 said:

We're not dumping Shaq. He's on a cheap rookie contract, would be stupid to give up depth that is cheap. 

Shaq is good at holding the edge against the run, then bring Trent in on passing downs. 

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

Shaq is good at holding the edge against the run, then bring Trent in on passing downs. 

I didn't see the contract numbers, but if they are what I think they are Murphy better be playing a hell of a lot more than "on passing downs".

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

I didn't see the contract numbers, but if they are what I think they are Murphy better be playing a hell of a lot more than "on passing downs".

3 yr 30 mil

He's a player though. One of those guys you have to follow that team to appreciate. Redskins are not happy losing him

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I had him as a top-50 pick that year; a classic 9-tech with his arm length and ability to bend.

Yea me too. My question was more whether you had seen much of him in the league? 

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

3 yr 30 mil

He's a player though. One of those guys you have to follow that team to appreciate. Redskins are not happy losing him

He will fit in perfectly here then. I have been hearing this guy is a great player

6 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

In today's nfl, that would be > 50%...

9 minutes ago, TPS said:

I agree whole heartedly.  Especially since we have Shaq on his rookie contract although we really haven't gotten a good return on our first round money.  I love the Murphy signing as he seems like a real player when healthy.  I can roll with Hughes & Murph as our DE's.

Murphy sounds like a good signing and he's getting paid starter money, if not elite starter money.  The only negative is his PED suspension.  If he has concluded that juicing up is not the way to go, there's no reason he can't be very productive for the Bills.

Were the full contract details released? Originally it was reported $21 million but now it's "up to $30 million" which I'm guessing is for playing time incentives.

2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Good against the run, average pass rusher.

From what I've read from Skins fans the exact opposite is true.

44 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Yeah I like adding that tall, long armed pass rusher.   34" arms with giant hands.  

Like a more explosive version of Paul Kruger who so many people on here wanted when he was a FA years ago.

Getting him for what should be his peak years........some health and suspension risk but if he was healthy last year he might have gotten himself double this AAV.

Now they just gotta' get Irving.....and Kony:devil:......and we're all set.

56 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

3 yr 30 mil

ESPN is reporting 3 years 21 million. NFL Network is reporting 30 million. My guess is ESPN is right but bonuses can get it up to 30