Don’t shoot the messenger, I just got a tip for 4:00 today.

1 hour ago, Jobot said:

I just can't see the Bills going for Foles...  

If we add Foles and he plays well, the Bills would have to offer a Cousins type contract based on a very small sample size by the time he hits free agency... Basically it would set ourselves up for a Fitzpatrick type mistake along with significant draft capital loss...

I have to think the draft picks are going to be converted to a top-5 pick and rookie qb.

If the Bills go for Foles there will discussion ahead of time about an extended contract before they agree.

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Ravens got rid of Trent Dilfer thinking that the Defense was what they needed and following year they fell on their face.

I remember them thinking Elvis Grbac was an upgrade from Dilfer, and paying him handsomely to boot. 5 years 30 million.  A nice deal at the time.

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

I remember them thinking Elvis Grbac was an upgrade from Dilfer, and paying him handsomely to boot. 5 years 30 million.  A nice deal at the time.

Yes and rumblings from front office he was a caretaker and the Ravens players disagreed.

2 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Then why did the Bills trade up? Makes no sense.

I think your "friend" is wrong

If!!! IF this were the case maybe its for a premium draft pick opposed to giving a 1 and whatever else.  i wouldnt believe it but it could make sense 

2 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

My buddy that works at Home Depot can verify this 

which one....

this is very important

Just logged on.

10 pages dedicated to an anonymous bartender's "inside" information.

Part of me is shocked that anyone thought this could possibly be credible.  But then I remembered that CNN is still considered to be a major news network, and that most of the people I know get their news from Facebook, Twitter or the Daily Show.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Sure Scott.  Because you've been so right about them this past year.

It's not often you can get a guy who won a SB for (presumably) a 2nd rounder and $7M for the season.  Versus giving up the 12th, 22nd, and 65th pick (at least) to move up to 3rd overall and take a wholly unproven rookie.

You realize the irony of this statement?  You think a rookie is taking the Bills to the playoffs this year?

Why?  He said after 4 PM.

I don't care about this year AS MUCH as I care about the next 10-15. 

Before you go down the draft is no sure thing route- noted.

IF the Bills wanna throw away assets on a 2nd qb (ie foles) AS LONG AS it does NOT hinder their ability in any way/shape/form to get them through this year then fine. I don't really agree, but it wouldn't make me mad. It s their team, plan, and process. 

IF the Bills say screw it, we are going to follow the path of so many other failed regimes and decide they just want to be 'good enough' by settling for a potential flash in the pan, fools gold, over hyped guy and put their future in his hands in lieu of taking the guy they love (bc let's face it, if they don't LOVE a guy its counter productive to pull an ej) then they are bound to fail like their predessors.

I want to be good like the 90s, like the teams that are in more often than not, like the teams w an elite guy. Getting this right after succssfully working to set it up is my chance at that. Mr Foles however is not. He's...just...not. I'd guess he is more a modern day Jeff Hostetler/Rich Gannon more so than a top ten elite guy. Been there, done that,  no thank you. 

Thankfully, it would appear the powers that be feel the same...bc here we are!!

Also if it were SUCH a good idea to hitch out wagon to Foles, why have teams been begging PHI to take their picks for him? A franchise guy for a 1 and 4? Pppfffffttttt take my $$!!! I just can't see it.

Edited by gobills1212

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I am saying it was a factor; Trent Dilfer did a lot of things for that offense his replacement Elvis did not.

He didn't, Limeaid.  Unlike the Eagles and Foles, the Ravens won the SB despite Dilfer.

3 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

I don't care about this year AS MUCH as I care about the next 10-15. 

Before you go down the draft is no sure thing route- noted.

IF the Bills wanna throw away assets on a 2nd qb (ie foles) AS LONG AS it does NOT hinder their ability in any way/shape/form to get them through this year then fine. I don't really agree, but it wouldn't make me mad. It s their team, plan, and process. 

IF the Bills say screw it, we are going to follow the path of so many other failed regimes and decide they just want to be 'good enough' by settling for a potential flash in the pan, fools gold, over hyped guy and put their future in his hands in lieu of taking the guy they love (bc let's face it, if they don't LOVE a guy its counter productive to pull an ej) then they are bound to fail like their predessors.

I want to be good like the 90s, like the teams that are in more often than not, like the teams w an elite guy. Getting this right after succssfully working to set it up is my chance at that. Mr Foles however is not. He's...just...not. I'd guess he is more a modern day Jeff Hostetler/Rich Gannon more so than a top ten elite guy. Been there, done that,  no thank you. 

Thankfully, it would appear the powers that be feel the same...bc here we are!!

Also if it were SUCH a good idea to hitch out wagon to Foles, why have teams been begging PHI to take their picks for him? A franchise guy for a 1 and 4? Pppfffffttttt take my $$!!! I just can't see it.

I'll address the last part.  They don't offer the Eagles a 1st and 4th because they want to give up as little as possible and they're in no rush to trade for him since the draft is 6 weeks from tomorrow. 

As for trading up, the Bills would need to trade both 1st rounders and their 1st-3rd rounder to get to 3, and add their 1st-2nd rounder to get to 2.  For a guy who has never played in the NFL and you hope will be a franchise guy.  And you want to talk about failed franchises, how many have failed drafting a guy they thought was a sure thing, only to see him fail?

And what Hostetler and Gannon did was nothing compared to what Foles did.  Again I didn't hitch my wagon to Foles for no reason.

Just now, Doc said:

He didn't, Limeaid.  Unlike the Eagles and Foles, the Ravens won the SB despite Dilfer.

Well the Ravens players I talked to did not think so.  Several from that team who come to place I watch game at told me that front office ruined the chemistry of team by letting go Dilfer.

Ok I just got home and to my horror I saw that I passed on some total bs. I owe everyone an apology and if it makes anybody feel better I won’t post for quite some time. I’m sorry this happened, I promise you that I wasn’t trying to mislead anyone. I was passed along something that I thought was very believable so I was trying to make people feel better and not keep everyone in torment. I put myself out there, knowing darn well that even if it came true I was still going to get bashed and if it was erroneously incorrect I was putting myself on the firing line. I still don’t regret making a statement that I believe in, regardless of the consequences. That’s alright though because I know that the majority of the members here aren’t mean or hateful, it’s just a few that get so vile. I stand accountable, I’m not going to not stand up to it, I rightfully deserve criticism  and I’m sincere enough to accept that. Once again I’m sorry, it wasn’t never my intention to mislead any of you, and I will rightfully stand on the sidelines for awhile and just root for our favorite team.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Ok I just got home and to my horror I saw that I passed on some total bs. I owe everyone an apology and if it makes anybody feel better I won’t post for quite some time. I’m sorry this happened, I promise you that I wasn’t trying to mislead anyone. I was passed along something that I thought was very believable so I was trying to make people feel better and not keep everyone in torment. I put myself out there, knowing darn well that even if it came true I was still going to get bashed and if it was erroneously incorrect I was putting myself on the firing line. I still don’t regret making a statement that I believe in, regardless of the consequences. That’s alright though because I know that the majority of the members here aren’t mean or hateful, it’s just a few that get so vile. I stand accountable, I’m not going to not stand up to it, I rightfully deserve criticism  and I’m sincere enough to accept that. Once again I’m sorry, it wasn’t never my intention to mislead any of you, and I will rightfully stand on the sidelines for awhile and just root for our favorite team.

Go Bills!

You are apologizing like you cheated on your wife.