Don’t shoot the messenger, I just got a tip for 4:00 today.

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm just basing it on the rumors from a week ago.  The rumor was the Bills offered a second and the Eagles wanted a first and fourth.   

Obviously, it doesn't make sense to give up more than is necessary, but the Eagles are in the driver's seat.   So long as they have some way to get under the cap, they can wait out the Bills.   The Bills MUST know whether they have Foles by draft day, and the Eagles can wait that long.   

Yeah, I think Beane is playing this right. Wait it out and see if they take the 2nd rounder. If you get Foles, you can still grab a rookie with your two first rounders or use them to get LB and DT

1 minute ago, TheBeane said:

My brother knows a guy.  This guy's cousin owns an import/export business in the Western NY region.  In between some very high level business meetings, his barista informed him that we will trade our 2 round 1s to the Colts for #3, then trade that #3 for Foles. THEN trade Foles to Arizona for Bradford.

That would induce a lot of drug and alcohol abuse.  

1 minute ago, HansLanda said:

I just don't see why Eagles would move him for anything less than a King's ransom which would include a 1st rounder. He was just the MVP of the SB and there is no guarantee Wentz will be 100% ready to go at the start of the season. He's the best backup - in a way - in the league because he knows the system, etc. 

Wentz is the obvious starter and future, right?  Foles probably will not play much at all next year.  Wouldn't this be about the only (best) time to get some value out of Foles?  Also, aren't the Eagles high on backup QB Nate Sudfeld?

Just now, TheBeane said:

My brother knows a guy.  This guy's cousin owns an import/export business in the Western NY region.  In between some very high level business meetings, his barista informed him that we will trade our 2 round 1s to the Colts for #3, then trade that #3 for Foles. THEN trade Foles to Arizona for Bradford.

GENIUS!  Git er done!

3 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

Finally playing 4D chess for once. Get er done, Beans!

1 minute ago, HansLanda said:

I just don't see why Eagles would move him for anything less than a King's ransom which would include a 1st rounder. He was just the MVP of the SB and there is no guarantee Wentz will be 100% ready to go at the start of the season. He's the best backup - in a way - in the league because he knows the system, etc. 

If they truly believe Wentz will be 100% by the beginning of the season, then it would be in their best interests to move Foles this off season, if they are interested in a reasonable (2nd round) draft pick. He is a free agent after next season and they will not get anything for him. I know they want a 1st rounder for him - but I don't think anyone will give that to them...but, I could be wrong about that.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Then why did the Bills trade up? Makes no sense.

I think your "friend" is wrong

They only gave up an expensive, injured, and largely already replaced player to move up - if they gave up picks you're point would hold.

They moved up b/c "why the heck not?"

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

The pressure on the Eagles apparently is the cap.  We've been told the Eagles are over the cap and they hae to get under.  So they have to move Foles or someone else.  

Old news.  They restructured Lane Johnson and now 'chump change' away.  Chances good they've working on Michael Bennett and Brandon Graham, but they could get there right now by cutting a guy making $1M or so

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/cap/

5 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

The pressure on the Eagles apparently is the cap.  We've been told the Eagles are over the cap and they hae to get under.  So they have to move Foles or someone else.  

Weird they just spent so much on Bradham, but given he got a 5-year deal I assume it was very cap-friendly for this season.

Tick tick, tick tick. Hope they get this put together quickly or the tipster will have to find a new source other than a guy from the DMVs cousin who may own a bar or is just the guy at the end of the bar at some random Buffalo location

If, and it's a huge If, something like this is true, could be they moved up to 12 for the Eagles, will swap 1st (Eagles get 12, Bills get Foles and last pick of 1st) with may be a few other picks swapped both ways.

Bills keep 22nd pick and get Jackson or Rudolph or another 2nd tier guy and keep most of their other high picks

Who knows with these guys in charge what they are thinking.....

Edited by apuszczalowski

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Old news.  They restructured Lane Johnson and now 'chump change' away.  Chances good they've working on Michael Bennett and Brandon Graham, but they could get there right now by cutting a guy making $1M or so

Thanks.   That means there's no real pressure on the Eagles and they're holding the Bills up for whatever they can get.    

The Bills are the last likely bidder for Foles.   In some ways that's better for the Bills - the Eagles can't play teams against each other.   On the other hand, if the Eagles aren't under any great pressure, they can just sit tight.  As I said above, the Bills MUST do something by the draft.  

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is not yet updated with their recent FA signings especially of Nigel Bradham. 5 years $40 mil has to have made a dent.

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

If they truly believe Wentz will be 100% by the beginning of the season, then it would be in their best interests to move Foles this off season, if they are interested in a reasonable (2nd round) draft pick. He is a free agent after next season and they will not get anything for him. I know they want a 1st rounder for him - but I don't think anyone will give that to them...but, I could be wrong about that.

He is a free agent next year if with the Eagles in 2018. With the Bills would'nt he be locked up a further three years?  

Just now, SNICE said:

Tick tick, tick tick. Hope they get this put together quickly or the tipster will have to find a new source other than a guy from the DMVs cousin who may own a bar or is just the guy at the end of the bar at some random Buffalo location

I heard something similar from the guy in the next stall while dropping a deuce at Walmart. I wouldn't automatically dismiss this from happening.

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I just moved back to Fort Myers, FL (Sammy’s hometown) and I had to register my vehicle from out of state. The guy at the DMV that helped me is from Buffalo. His cousin still owns a bar up in Buffalo, he didn’t say which one and truthfully I really don’t care, and he said that Buffalo is making a trade with the Eagles for Nick Foles today after 4:00 pm. After thinking about it it makes sense for several reasons. First a team doesn’t trade away their starting QB without having a plan for his replacement. Secondly it’s been awful quiet concerning Foles. To take this a step further the guy says that we’re not drafting a QB in the first round, meaning that our draft capital is going to be to be used on building this team. He did not say what the compensation is going to be but I couldn’t imagine it using the bulk of our resources. Take it for what it is worth, I’m just trying to share what I heard but this does make a ton of sense. 

Go Bills!

Stop starting threads.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

If, and it's a huge If, something like this is true, could be they moved up to 12 for the Eagles, will swap 1st (Eagles get 12, Bills get Foles and last pick of 1st) with may be a few other picks swapped both ways.

Bills keep 22nd pick and get Jackson or Rudolph or another 2nd tier guy and keep most of their other high picks

Who knows with these guys in charge what they are thinking.....

hopefully not that

1 minute ago, 1billsfan said:

I wouldn't mind Foles and then drafting Lamar Jackson at #22. The OC could get very creative in using Jackson while having him develop under Foles.

Bills already traded Jackson to Cleveland.

• Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Billsiest thing Buffalo could do would be to make all these awesome trades and signings, draft a CB at 12, trade a 6th for Trevor Siemian, and sign AJ McCarron.

I hope those days are gone.  Foles isn't coming off his only good year, but he may flourish in only a limited set of circs I'm not sure we have.  It would be a let down to not draft high.

:sick::death:

3 minutes ago, richNjoisy said:

This is not yet updated with their recent FA signings especially of Nigel Bradham. 5 years $40 mil has to have made a dent.

I'm sure it did, but possibly only $2M or so this year ($8M bonus prorated over 5 years, minimum salary this year).  The point is, they are down into territory where a couple more renegotiations and cutting a smaller player or two will let them keep up with further signings, and without trading Foles.

3 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Why would we trade away a 1st for a QB who will be here for at best 2-3 seasons

Well, if he makes good here no reason we couldn't pay him and he'd be here for more.  But it's not my first choice for sure.