You are not allowed to get season tickets if you live outside of WNY.

154 miles for me, door to door, according to The Google. If someone wants to test this policy, tell them you're in Utica, 203 miles to the stadium, or Herkimer, 215 miles. 

4 hours ago, simool said:

CBF brought up getting a PO Box in Buffalo... I added in the above. I am fairly certain that is a lock. Phone, Billing, Physical... If they ask for a street address (unlikely) just tell them you are rural and do not have a mail receptacle.

Or like I did for several years, living in an apartment complex, I had a PO box because I didn't trust my neighbors. I'd only open the apartment mailbox about once a month to clear out the junk mail addressed to "Occupant" 

1 minute ago, Just Jack said:

154 miles for me, door to door, according to The Google. If someone wants to test this policy, tell them you're in Utica, 203 miles to the stadium. 

Or like I did for several years, living in an apartment complex, I had a PO box because I didn't trust my neighbors. I'd only open the apartment mailbox about once a month to clear out the junk mail addressed to "Occupant" 

I'm from Utica and I would be pissed if I still lived there. Although I did give my season up when I moved out here...

Interesting.  I did not know that.  I know the resale market for tickets is huge, and a big part of that is season ticket buyers who never intended to go to more than a few games.  I'm sure a lot of season ticket owners essentially go to a few games free each year because of the markup in the resale market.  I wonder why the team discriminates that way though.  Maybe out of towners are more likely to have to sell some of their weeks/games, but I think a lot of local sell a lot of their games because they can.

Edited by TigerJ
fix typo

19 minutes ago, transient said:

WAKE UP YOU LEMMINGS!!! THIS IS THE FIRST STEP IN A CONSPIRACY TO TANK TICKET SALES AND MOVE THE TEAM TO TORONTO!!!  ?

45B4FA44-7D9B-4750-9844-09D1EDAEF228.jpeg

When they sign Charlie Sheen to be the QB I will billieve you. ;) 

5 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

That's so ridiculous. Just slap a resale policy on them that unused tickets aren't transferable except for face-value turn-ins to the ticket office if you're worried about people reselling stuff to visitors.   

This, and it should go for all sporting events and concerts, so sick of resellers, it all needs to be changed to a simple refund policy.

12 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

This, and it should go for all sporting events and concerts, so sick of resellers, it all needs to be changed to a simple refund policy.

Blah, blah, blah. Yeah, resellers are evil...except during those December games during the drought when there were 40,000 in the stadium and people could buy seats for $10.

Sorry but teams need resellers to keep their attendance stable. How many people would go to a Sabres game during the Tank if they couldn't get Stubhub seats for $6? Not many.

So spare me the outrage.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 4

14 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Did you know that you're not allowed to get Bills season tickets if you don't live in Buffalo? 

I left my inquiry on the website last night. The ticket rep called me back this afternoon and left a message asking for me to call him back. Instead of just telling me the policy on the voicemail, he let me carve out time at work to call him back and proceeded to ask me questions about the history of my affinity for the Bills. I was so happy to finally be taking this step. I wasted time telling him how much I love the Bills, and then he told me that I'm not allowed to get season tickets because I'm outside of WNY. Said the policy isn't listed on the website so there's no way I could've known. I asked him why he bothered to ask me the questions about why I love the Bills. He apologized for giving me false hope. I still don't get it. I asked him how close I'd have to move to Buffalo in order to get season tickets. He said 200 miles or so. I told him that friends in the local area have season tickets and he said they must have been grandfathered in prior to enactment of this new "policy." 

So if you live outside of WNY, you're screwed. You must not be a REAL fan. After all, if you were a REAL fan, I guess you'd live in WNY, right? Never mind if you've wanted to get seasons for 20 years and finally have the opportunity financially and are able to make the drive every week? Never mind if you would GUARANTEE that you know more about the team than 99% of fans? F my dreams, right? 

For reference, I'm 260 miles away in Maryland. 60 miles too far from Orchard Park...

Stationed in Ft Hood Texas. Have 4 season tickets. 

Teo years ago stationed in Orlando FL still had my 4 season tickets 

10 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

To those saying this isn't true because you are out of state and have tickets, I bet you all got them several years ago. This is a new policy. Is there anyone outside of 200 miles who has gotten tickets in the past year or two?

It is being incorrectly enforced. That policy is for the wait list only 

• Like (+1) 1

Wasn’t it just a couple years ago that the Bills were shamed in national media for having one of the only blackouts in recent history? Has that changed recently? Are the Bills selling out reliably? Would this policy help or hurt that situation?

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Blah, blah, blah. Yeah, resellers are evil...except during those December games during the drought when there were 40,000 in the stadium and people could buy seats for $10.

Sorry but teams need resellers to keep their attendance stable. How many people would go to a Sabres game during the drought if they couldn't get Stubhub seats for $6? Not many.

So spare me the outrage.

I have to agree. Why the sudden hard on over the secondary market? It’s a rub as old as time.

And as others have touched on, who the eff do they think this franchise is?  We back-doored into a playoff spot on math and a “miracle” Dalton toss, so now they can afford to alienate out of towners? Yikes.

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I have to agree. Why the sudden hard on over the secondary market? It’s a rub as old as time.

And as others have touched on, who the eff do they think this franchise is?  We back-doored into a playoff spot on math and a “miracle” Dalton toss, so now they can afford to alienate out of towners? Yikes.

The Patriots, with their 30,000+ waiting list, can dictate terms. The Bills cannot.

The folks over at SabreSpace get fairly sanctimonious whenever Toronto comes to town and the KBC is half Leafs fans. They hate STHers who sell their seats (as if you can pick and choose who buys them.) But then they don't blame so-called Sabres fans who won't even buy heavily discounted tickets to attend games.

I find the people making the most noise are the ones who never buy tickets in the first place and have only gone to games when people give them free ones.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

My brother in Atl has a pair of season tickets. Not sure when this policy started but he has had them for some years. He makes it to about half the games and gives the others to friends and family.

This is what they do in most markets.  Season ticket holders have first choice for playoff tickets, so if you are an out of towner just looking to make money, it's a great investment.  Bufffalo has been down for so long, they haven't had to worry about that scenario.  I can't say i disagree with the policy.

That is total BS I bet Terry P doesn't know that if he did i would think from the type of owner he seems to be he would change that rule immediately !!

If i were you i would try to get in touch with Terry or Kim some way, some how because that is just plain ignorant business on the part of the Bills !!

That's like walking into a restaurant on a road trip & them saying because you don't live here & your just passing through we can't serve you !!:huh:

9 minutes ago, T master said:

That is total BS I bet Terry P doesn't know that if he did i would think from the type of owner he seems to be he would change that rule immediately !!

If i were you i would try to get in touch with Terry or Kim some way, some how because that is just plain ignorant business on the part of the Bills !!

That's like walking into a restaurant on a road trip & them saying because you don't live here & your just passing through we can't serve you !!:huh:

That's a horrible analogy, not even close. If anything, it would be more like getting a coupon for locals online and the restaurant refusing to honor the discount because the coupon is for locals and you are not a local. 

Edited by ricojes

I would myself probably would want to live closer then 200 miles if I ever got season tickets. Not saying anything about the policy being fair or not.

Edited by Lfod

9 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I would myself probably would want to live closer then 200 miles if I ever got season tickets. Not saying anything about the policy being fair or not.

I’m over 4 hours away. Lot of peopl over that. 

12 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Interesting.  I did not know that.  I know the resale market for tickets is huge, and a big part of that is season ticket buyers who never intended to go to more than a few games.  I'm sure a lot of season ticket owners essentially go to a few games free each year because of the markup in the resale market.  I wonder why the team discriminates that way though.  Maybe out of towners are more likely to have to sell some of their weeks/games, but I think a lot of local sell a lot of their games because they can.

The majority of those tickets to games even the season ticket holders don't want to go to are not being marked UP in the resale market.....

Don't want a huge resale market to visiting teams?  Want more Buffalo fan ticket holders to show up?  Put a better team on the field.  I doesn't get any simpler.

If they can't do that, then they can't complain about empty seats in December....or be perturbed when paying customers opt to dump their tickets for whatever they can get for them.,

That's the craziest thing I've heard - they don't want to sell more season tickets??  And they won't sell me seasons in VT?  Would it help if I told them I know Hammer, Rosen or Jack (my power triumvirate of Bills Land)?  :w00t: :D

I used to have seasons for several years when I lived in PA., but to be fair that was only like an hour from the stadium.

Seriously though, I don't get the worry about the resale market - I mean, the Bills will have already been paid for the tickets, so who cares if the holder resells them?  Not like one is getting rich from the Bills ticket resale market (as mentioned, you can barely giveaway tickets for some of the late season games).  And if I'm a season ticket holder but have another obligation, would they rather the seat is empty?  I guess there could be issues with reselling to douchebags, but hey, who's to say the original owner isn't one?

Interesting policy for sure...

Turns out the policy has been in place for a couple of years now.  

It makes some sense to me, especially if you think the team is on its way to some years as a championship contender.   

How many of these requests do you think they get?   Maybe 100 a year?   How many are from legitimate fans who want to attend most games, and how many are from people who will be reselling?   I'd bet at least half are resellers.   So the Bills are giving up $100,000 of revenue by saying no to out of town buyers.   Half of them are serious fans, many or most of whom will find a way to circumvent the rules to get tickets - usually by just having a friend or relative buy for them.   The resellers are more likely just to move on.   In other words, the Bills will still half the tickets, and it'll only cost them about $50,000 a year to have said no.   When the Bills are winning, it means they have those unsold tickets in inventory to sell to local fans who want season tickets or even single game tickets.  

This does several things:   1.  There are fewer fans of the opposing team in the stadium.   2.  The Bills are able to satisfy ticket demand in the local area, making more fans that really matter to them happy and increasing secondary market value to the Bills.   Local advertisers are more interested in marketing with the Bills the more local fans are happy.  3,  Selling locally means more kids coming to the games, and that helps build fan loyalty in the next generation.   

14 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

Correct. But when you have freaking stadiums named after ticket resellers it's obvious they could care less about fans.

20 hours ago, MJS said:

I bet they do it to prevent people from buying them strictly for resale.

Not sure why they care, though, if they are selling more tickets.

To me it says the owners care about their own fans, and are doing what they can to prevent $100 seats from  selling for $500 on the secondary market. Secondary market prices real fans out of events all the time.  The Super Bowl is the ultimate example of this. 

1 hour ago, T master said:

Totally disagree.  I think he knows EXACTLY what this means.  It does more good than bad imho.

16 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Turns out the policy has been in place for a couple of years now.  

It makes some sense to me, especially if you think the team is on its way to some years as a championship contender.   

How many of these requests do you think they get?   Maybe 100 a year?   How many are from legitimate fans who want to attend most games, and how many are from people who will be reselling?   I'd bet at least half are resellers.   So the Bills are giving up $100,000 of revenue by saying no to out of town buyers.   Half of them are serious fans, many or most of whom will find a way to circumvent the rules to get tickets - usually by just having a friend or relative buy for them.   The resellers are more likely just to move on.   In other words, the Bills will still half the tickets, and it'll only cost them about $50,000 a year to have said no.   When the Bills are winning, it means they have those unsold tickets in inventory to sell to local fans who want season tickets or even single game tickets.  

This does several things:   1.  There are fewer fans of the opposing team in the stadium.   2.  The Bills are able to satisfy ticket demand in the local area, making more fans that really matter to them happy and increasing secondary market value to the Bills.   Local advertisers are more interested in marketing with the Bills the more local fans are happy.  3,  Selling locally means more kids coming to the games, and that helps build fan loyalty in the next generation.   

Ding ding ding......

24 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

How many of these requests do you think they get?   Maybe 100 a year?   

I agree with the first part, but still a bold policy for a team that hasn't been a championship contender in, well, "a while"! 

But I'm guessing they get a LOT more than 100 per year.  They're so close to the PA and Ohio boarder, plus I've met season ticket holders from Vermont, New Hampshire and beyond!  Who really knows, the Bills must think it's not going to affect them much and I'm assuming they have the data...