You are not allowed to get season tickets if you live outside of WNY.

Did you know that you're not allowed to get Bills season tickets if you don't live in Buffalo? 

I left my inquiry on the website last night. The ticket rep called me back this afternoon and left a message asking for me to call him back. Instead of just telling me the policy on the voicemail, he let me carve out time at work to call him back and proceeded to ask me questions about the history of my affinity for the Bills. I was so happy to finally be taking this step. I wasted time telling him how much I love the Bills, and then he told me that I'm not allowed to get season tickets because I'm outside of WNY. Said the policy isn't listed on the website so there's no way I could've known. I asked him why he bothered to ask me the questions about why I love the Bills. He apologized for giving me false hope. I still don't get it. I asked him how close I'd have to move to Buffalo in order to get season tickets. He said 200 miles or so. I told him that friends in the local area have season tickets and he said they must have been grandfathered in prior to enactment of this new "policy." 

So if you live outside of WNY, you're screwed. You must not be a REAL fan. After all, if you were a REAL fan, I guess you'd live in WNY, right? Never mind if you've wanted to get seasons for 20 years and finally have the opportunity financially and are able to make the drive every week? Never mind if you would GUARANTEE that you know more about the team than 99% of fans? F my dreams, right? 

For reference, I'm 260 miles away in Maryland. 60 miles too far from Orchard Park...

• Like (+1) 1

Makes sense to me. Too many out of town people buy season tickets to only attend the premium games and then they sell the others online.  Generally to opposing teams.  Sucks, but that is the world we live in.  

Taking it as you are not a real fan is kind of over the top.  It's a business decision.

• Like (+1) 5

That's so ridiculous. Just slap a resale policy on them that unused tickets aren't transferable except for face-value turn-ins to the ticket office if you're worried about people reselling stuff to visitors.   

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, cba fan said:

You can bet $$$ they still sell to ticket brokers. 

Of course they do. In the visitors section.  When season ticket holders resell their tickets it puts the fox in the henhouse so to speak.  Who wants to deal with that crap?

Personally I would prefer if they just made resale a non-option for out of town season tickets.

11 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

This is wrong you can buy season tickets without ever talking to anyone. you can buy them through Ticket Master and it’s no difference if you did it through Buffalo Bills dot com 

That’s what I thought. There’s a number of out of town season ticket holders on here. I’m pretty sure Shaw lives in Connecticut, and he has tickets. 

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Open a PO Box in Buffalo.

Problem solved

That is a damn good idea. Go next level and use it for the billing address on one of your credit cards too. Then put the cherry on top with a Google Voice number in the 716. 

28 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Did you know that you're not allowed to get Bills season tickets if you don't live in Buffalo? 

I left my inquiry on the website last night. The ticket rep called me back this afternoon and left a message asking for me to call him back. Instead of just telling me the policy on the voicemail, he let me carve out time at work to call him back and proceeded to ask me questions about the history of my affinity for the Bills. I was so happy to finally be taking this step. I wasted time telling him how much I love the Bills, and then he told me that I'm not allowed to get season tickets because I'm outside of WNY. Said the policy isn't listed on the website so there's no way I could've known. I asked him why he bothered to ask me the questions about why I love the Bills. He apologized for giving me false hope. I still don't get it. I asked him how close I'd have to move to Buffalo in order to get season tickets. He said 200 miles or so. I told him that friends in the local area have season tickets and he said they must have been grandfathered in prior to enactment of this new "policy." 

So if you live outside of WNY, you're screwed. You must not be a REAL fan. After all, if you were a REAL fan, I guess you'd live in WNY, right? Never mind if you've wanted to get seasons for 20 years and finally have the opportunity financially and are able to make the drive every week? Never mind if you would GUARANTEE that you know more about the team than 99% of fans? F my dreams, right? 

For reference, I'm 260 miles away in Maryland. 60 miles too far from Orchard Park...

Get a  PO Box in WNY and use that as your address case closed

I experienced the same thing about 2 months ago.  The guy asked all kinds of questions of being a Bills fan and then asked where I live.  I told him Virginia. 

He said I couldn't get season tickets.  I asked him why not.  He said even though I had season tickets before, I was not allowed to get them now.  A new policy prohibits people out of state to get them.  He told me I could get single game tickets if I wanted but that was it.  He said the Bills are trying to eliminate people buying season tickets, attending a few games, and then re-selling the rest. 

While I understand what they are trying to accomplish, i.e. season ticket holders personally attending the majority of the games, they run the risk of turning off fans.  There are plenty of Bills fan outside of New York as we all know.

4 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

I experienced the same thing about 2 months ago.  The guy asked all kinds of questions of being a Bills fan and then asked where I live.  I told him Virginia. 

He said I couldn't get season tickets.  I asked him why not.  He said even though I had season tickets before, I was not allowed to get them now.  A new policy prohibits people out of state to get them.  He told me I could get single game tickets if I wanted but that was it.  He said the Bills are trying to eliminate people buying season tickets, attending a few games, and then re-selling the rest. 

While I understand what they are trying to accomplish, i.e. season ticket holders personally attending the majority of the games, they run the risk of turning off fans.  There are plenty of Bills fan outside of New York as we all know.

12 minutes ago, simool said:

That is a damn good idea. Go next level and use it for the billing address on one of your credit cards too. Then put the cherry on top with a Google Voice number in the 716. 

CBF brought up getting a PO Box in Buffalo... I added in the above. I am fairly certain that is a lock. Phone, Billing, Physical... If they ask for a street address (unlikely) just tell them you are rural and do not have a mail receptacle.

Edited by simool

I live in California (always have) and have been a season ticket holder for 10 years. The ticket office just sent, addressed to my California address, a framed certificate and letter from pegs commererating my decade. Maybe I’m grandfathered in, and maybe it’s because I’ve spent like 60k with the team during 10 crappy years of football, but this isn’t blanket policy. 

Edited by Jamie Nails
  • Like (+1) 1