When did you know today's game was over?

Chicharito

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Right after they gifted KB's touchdown away. We all realized we had to fight the refs too, and I think we really got demoralized. 

That mentally killed the Bills. The refs blew it and the Bills could take no momentum into halftime. 

NFL is a joke.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

Missed FG for sure.

Taking a punch happens every game.  Responding with that and missing it takes the sails right out of your wind.

This too for me.  I would have went for it, but the moment we didn't come away with any points I knew it was going down hill in a bad way from there.

After the sack that took us back to 2nd and 25. Like how much harder is it to make a pass 15 years further back? How does that help you see? Step up into the pocket you nancy!

It's funny how we received two PI calls that helped the Pats dramatically, but every time a Bills WR gets a ball thrown towards him, a Pats player is draped on him and no PI.

Honestly the amount of power Kraft has in the NFL, I would not be surprised to find out 15 years from now that he pressured the League Office in NY. Just way too many nonsensical calls by Refs over the years that are consistently in Pats favor but more importantly inconsistent with calls around the rest of the NFL. I think other Owners are tired of it, and I think that's why you hear rumblings of other Owner's complaining to Goodell.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Right after they gifted KB's touchdown away. We all realized we had to fight the refs too, and I think we really got demoralized. 

This for me without question.  This has really been the year that questionable calls have finally started to turn in the Bills favor, so when a call that, IMHO, was a BLATANT touchdown, was overturned against us, I knew right then and there we weren't winning.

Let's be honest, this year in particular has finally been the year that calls have finally started turning our way.  This call in itself absolutely destroyed me.  I had ZERO doubt that this TD would be overturned.   The announcers even talked about keeping your poise/psyche under control after a call like that.   I can assure you that had I been a player for the Buffalo Bills today my gameplay would have been severely affected by that call.  

No, that call in itself may not have won or loss the game for us, but I'm sick and tired seeing games directly affected by officiating.  It is happening almost every week it seems, and something is going to have to give.

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

This right here. It changed everything!

38 minutes ago, Jackington said:

That mentally killed the Bills. The refs blew it and the Bills could take no momentum into halftime. 

NFL is a joke.

39 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

ExactF#&@KINGly!

Edited by RichardLee

41 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

After the sack that took us back to 2nd and 25. Like how much harder is it to make a pass 15 years further back? How does that help you see? Step up into the pocket you nancy!

It's funny how we received two PI calls that helped the Pats dramatically, but every time a Bills WR gets a ball thrown towards him, a Pats player is draped on him and no PI.

Honestly the amount of power Kraft has in the NFL, I would not be surprised to find out 15 years from now that he pressured the League Office in NY. Just way too many nonsensical calls by Refs over the years that are consistently in Pats favor but more importantly inconsistent with calls around the rest of the NFL. I think other Owners are tired of it, and I think that's why you hear rumblings of other Owner's complaining to Goodell.

I really think PI needs to be changed from a spot foul to a 10 yard penalty.  The current rule gives the officials too much power to decide the outcome of the game on what is obviously a judgment call that is applied in a totally inconsistent manner.  With some teams mysteriously being on the right side of the calls all the time, getting the calls and not getting called.  It seems lIke part of the playbook of some teams to 'draw' these fouls by chucking the ball downfield instead of something that happens as a result of the play, gaming the rules.  Brady certainly does this and to their credit it works.

As for plays that decided the game 15 yard sack, Clay's drop, bogus replay, and missed FG from 50 were it for me.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

53 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

This. Then the nail in the coffin was the overturned 4th down spot

The reversed 4th down stop. I knew then the refs were going to hand it to them. We would have gotten an emotional boost and, instead, the Pats got 3 and the wind seemed to go out of the sails. They were deflated after that. I'm not saying we would have won, but that and the overturned TD- it wouldn't have ended up like it did. 

Just now, SF Bills Fan said:

The reversed 4th down stop. I knew then the refs were going to hand it to them. We would have gotten an emotional boost and, instead, the Pats got 3 and the wind seemed to go out of the sails. They were deflated after that. I'm not saying we would have won, but that and the overturned TD- it wouldn't have ended up like it did. 

I'd love to know why they ruled him down and when? Was forward progress called? It seems they blew the whistle before he ever touched the ground.