TRADE: Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo

Rubes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Likely everytime there's a commercial break on WGR, Schoop spends the entire time laughing at how he makes these comments and the rating go through the roof as everyone is talking about his show.

Schopp is a little baby when anyone says he's negative.

Be sure the flirt doesnt give you the clap. Just sayin.

There's an app for that

At first I saw "Benjamin traded to Buffalo" and I thought it was Travis Benjamin and thought "thats ok I guess" Then I clicked on the link and saw it was Kelvin Bemjamin and just started smiling and saying "omg, omg, omg"

Love this trade!!

CBF

My friend text me this lol

come on...look at this reel...that's just this year. 20 or so drive-changing catches...you put the highlights of all our receivers against this and it's not even close. The guy looks great.

Let him roam...he's like a Gronk who can get downfield faster.

Why the Panthers agreed to trade Kelvin Benjamin

171031_kb_inside.jpg

Explaining why Carolina parted ways with the former first-round draft pick.

@MatthewFairburn

Wow. When's the last time you heard another teams fan say this.

From the Panthers message board:

With the way BUF is playing, it's not like it's going to be a decent 3rd.... more than likely a late 3rd. A 7th is just salt in the wound. Wow.
Edited by The Wiz

A 3rd? Not sure how I feel about that.

Basically gave up Sammy for Kelvin, acquired a 2nd for a 3rd.

Is that a good deal?

Just think back to when everyone was saying how we should have drafted Kelvin instead of Sammy.

Then decide

You buried the lede there; it was all about unleashing Kaelin Clay:

That's why coaches want to find more opportunities for Curtis Samuelicon-article-link.gif, Kaelin Clayicon-article-link.gif and possibly even Damiere Byrd

Do this trade address a need in next year's draft?

WR next year isn't as deep.

Benjamin is under contract next year with 5th yr option picked up.

Jones under contract.

Jordan Mathews is a UFA in the offseason. I assume they would try to resign him.

They still have 2 1st, 2 2nd, and a 3rd.

Likely use those 5 picks on OL, DL, LB, DB, and QB not necessarily in that order.

What if Benjamin lets himself get really fat? That wouldn't be good, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either. A fat Benjamin would still be able to run those TE type routes that are missing in this offense, particularly with Clay out, or even back on gimpy knees. This contract is perfectly affordable even if Benjamin isn't as productive as he was in Carolina c. 2015. I love this trade.

Do I like it? Sure!

I haven't tracked it all the way through, but I think this means the Bills traded Ronald Darby and EJ Manuel for Jordan Matthews, Kelvin Benjamin and a third round pick. What's not to like about that? (Someone had a thread that said Beane is already the third worst GM in Bills' history. Really?)

I didn't think Benjamin was all that good coming out of college, but he proved me wrong. He's tough, he has pretty good hands, and he's reliable. I don't think he's a deep threat. I think he's like Eric Decker, and I've always liked Decker.

I assume the starters are now Matthews and Benjamin, if not Thursday night at least next week. It means Jones and Thompson and Holmes are really fighting for playing time. Thompson has the edge because of his speed, but Jones probably is coming on as a reliable, all-round guy.

It's a great acquisition for Taylor, if Taylor will throw to guys who look covered. With Matthews and Benjamnin he has two quality targets, big guys who fight well for the ball. And Clay makes three. Those are serious targets.

The important thing is that Dennison and the coaches now have options, combinations that can be matchup nightmares. Teams that have small corners will be at a real disadvantage.

What I like best about this, what makes me think it will make a real difference in the offense, is that McDermott and Beane know this guy. Beane participated in drafting and signing him. He watched him as a rookie, watched him through rehabbing his knee, watched him come back last year. McD saw it all too. They have a very clear idea of the kind of guys they want, and they wanted Benjamin. He must be a good fit.

Yeah, lost a lot of respect Schoop and Bulldog today.

They were complete ass holes to callers bashing pretty much everything positive said.

How can they say that it's laughable that Benjamin is a top 15 wideout? I'm not saying he is, but he's definitely top 25, and is the best receiver on the team now.

Love it, Benjamin is proven better than sammy at catching jump balls. He's slower than sammy but I love the red zone intimidation alone, his size is a nightmare for defenses. Also this now creates the put up or shut up moment for tyrod. He has a big top talent to throw to, no excuses. I hope tyrod makes me eat crow and gets us in the playoffs with his arm. But I'm loving the football world finally respecting the bills.

Great trade. Said it during the draft back in 2014, too bad it was on BBMB, but i wanted them to stay put and pick up Kelvin, im a FSU fan yes, but I wanted him because we had EJ and he would have helped him develop. Smh, whaley really messed things up for this team. Anyway, forget the past when the future looks sooo good now.