Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im actually shocked we were able to even get anything for him. His contract was full blown AIDS that you realistically couldnt have expected to get much for him. I wonder how much dead cap we will have now.

14.5M dead next year

10M dead this year

wow, a 6th. They HAVE to be takin g on that contract then. Otherwise it makes no sense. Still doesn't either way but......damn at least get the contract off the books

Contract ALWAYS goes with the player

Sweet baby Jesus, I just got the alert on my phone and about fell out of my chair!

Feeling conflicted, I was really hoping Dareus was going to see the light soon and play like a beast. The rational side of me knows that was unlikely to happen.

There is no mistake now. Buffalo wants players that love to play football and leave everything out on the field. Half-ass it and you're gone. I'm down.

Be well Marcel, but suck when you play the Bills.

This regime did what they had to do to get out from under the garbage contract Whaley gave Dareus. It was nice work by Beane to manage to do that. It couldn’t have been easy.

Anyone who says it would’ve been better to just cut him doesn’t understand the reality of his contract. That would’ve been unworkable until after next season. A trade was the only option to get rid of him - and that meant finding a team foolish enough to take on his contract.

The absolute worst part of this entire trade, short, mid and long term, is having to endure reading or hearing random nimrods saying, in all seriousness, "Tom Brady was a 6th round pick."

but .... but .... BUT Tom Brady WAS a sixth round pick. Why do you find facts so tedious, and what do you have against us random nimrods?

I read this and thought it had to be a joke. I don't care about his attitude and contract. He is a Pro Bowl DT and one of the better ones at his position. We should have gotten a player and a 3rd which could escalate to a 2nd or 1st based on performance. BAD BAD TRADE!

Hahahahahahaha!!!! A third escalating to a FIRST??? Have you watch a single snap of Bills football???

I read this and thought it had to be a joke. I don't care about his attitude and contract. He is a Pro Bowl DT and one of the better ones at his position. We should have gotten a player and a 3rd which could escalate to a 2nd or 1st based on performance. BAD BAD TRADE!

Albert Haynesworth was a Pro Bowl DT back in the day. Did Washington make a mistake when they cut him?

He has 8 tackles this year. Based on performance we should get a conditional 7th from this year. Fact is, he is a cancer on this team. Now we can truly be a team without his selfishness in the huddle

He hasnt been a probowl player for 3 years now. He is paid more then Mccoy, Watt, and Mack. Im fine with it. Get in or get out is the right attitude. Are you a solition or a problem.

Impossible to cut. And he’s owed 10 million next year because his 2018 salary is guaranteed. Plus a roster bonus. He’ll be a free agent in 2019

You are clueless.

@WGR550

Beane- Jacksonville reached out to us today, thought about it, talked it through, thought it was a good move for the Bills and for Marcell

@JaySkurski

Beane says it was "very disappointing," but "not a breaking point" when the #Bills sent Dareus home from Baltimore in the preseason.

@MatthewFairburn

Brandon Beane admits Marcell Dareus was a question mark coming in. He and Sean McDermott had him "flagged" because of salary and suspension.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills GM Brandon Beane: I was not calling people about Dareus as the trade deadline approached. Jacksonville reached out to us.

You need about $6M on the rookies. If you factor in Kyle and Wood that could be WAY higher. The Bills have a boatload of space. Eating $14M instead of letting him play through next year is foolish.

Agreed.

Now assigning dareus to the list of high draft picks purged- whos left that we drafted first or second round before this year?

Wood, Shaq, and cordy(at least for now)

Jettisoned since last season- dareus, sammy, EJ, Gilmore, Kujo, woods, Ragland, Darby and Aaron Williams?

Granted some were natural but thats an astonishing couple of months

I'm sad, mostly for the waste if talent

If Dareus bought in this team would be so much better for it.

Never found Saint Doug to have an endearing personality but he'll be on Marcel like an old fly on flypaper. I think there is a decent chance he turns him around. If he does Jags front will be phenomenal.

Tremendous amount of idiocy here and a whole host of neverbeenCoaches.....To take on a new team filled with the failing inmates from the failing rulers before you begs for only one solution...A ton of firings. If you don't, if you keep them because it's DEAD CAP SPACE, then you accept what happened before and you may as well fire yourself. ALL of the newbies and good ones from the past see you are weak and are equal to the last boss...."Meet the new Boss...Same as the Old Boss!"....and they begin to act like Marcel instead of the new way you are trying to instill...

Advice I got from a boss I used to admire: When going into a new place that hired you to be the new Boss there because they were desperate for real change(and the BILLS were/are very desperate - FOOLS) is to fire someone, perhaps more than just one, who is very high up the ladder but obviously coasting through the days. Set the tone with action within the first two weeks and then follow it up with the new way of doing things.....Doesn't have to be regimental but it needs to be true.

Marcel has been coasting (or not playing /practicing while smoking copious amounts of weed) for 2-3 years. Get over it. He is a poster boy for a firing when someone new and smart walks through the door and sees failure EVERYWHERE.....

You need about $6M on the rookies. If you factor in Kyle and Wood that could be WAY higher. The Bills have a boatload of space. Eating $14M instead of letting him play through next year is foolish.

Realistically the rookies only count aboit 3.5 million because they displace players 50,51,52, and 53 on the roster and their salaries

But if what you say, that they got what they could get, isnt as good as Dareus, why make the trade?

They are going to eat a ton of dead cap and only save $7m over 2 years, surely just paying him and then dropping him is better than the 6th round pick.

they had to get something, they were not going to cut him. they had to unload him somewhere and seems the jags were willing to take on the risk financially ask well as the risk he may not live up to expectations and offered a 6th round pick for him. beane has been stock piling those picks, maybe he can find a gem or two this next draft? you had a kid who's potential was off the charts but has been in decline and with the past off field issues, he was already a big scratch with the new regime. he was a goner from the get go they just couldn't find a team that wanted him. he was a whaley player and they have been almost methodically removing said remnants and will build their team with only players that buy in to the process. which, frankly, I'm beginning to buy in to as well. this trade comes as no shock and I understand they're doing what they feel is best for the team going forward.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

@WGR550

Beane- Jacksonville reached out to us today, thought about it, talked it through, thought it was a good move for the Bills and for Marcell

@JaySkurski

Beane says it was "very disappointing," but "not a breaking point" when the #Bills sent Dareus home from Baltimore in the preseason.

@MatthewFairburn

Brandon Beane admits Marcell Dareus was a question mark coming in. He and Sean McDermott had him "flagged" because of salary and suspension.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills GM Brandon Beane: I was not calling people about Dareus as the trade deadline approached. Jacksonville reached out to us.

Not sure I believe Beane on that one. There were other reports saying just the opposite. If what Beane says is true, to me it's worse. They weren't having problems with him that made him a problem, or bad for locker room, etc.

Tremendous amount of idiocy here and a whole host of neverbeenCoaches.....To take on a new team filled with the failing inmates from the failing rulers before you begs for only one solution...A ton of firings. If you don't, if you keep them because it's DEAD CAP SPACE, then you accept what happened before and you may as well fire yourself. ALL of the newbies and good ones from the past see you are weak and are equal to the last boss...."Meet the new Boss...Same as the Old Boss!"....and they begin to act like Marcel instead of the new way you are trying to instill...

Advice I got from a boss I used to admire: When going into a new place that hired you to be the new Boss there because they were desperate for real change(and the BILLS were/are very desperate - FOOLS) is to fire someone, perhaps more than just one, who is very high up the ladder but obviously coasting through the days. Set the tone with action within the first two weeks and then follow it up with the new way of doing things.....Doesn't have to be regimental but it needs to be true.

Marcel has been coasting (or not playing /practicing while smoking copious amounts of weed) for 2-3 years. Get over it. He is a poster boy for a firing when someone new and smart walks through the door and sees failure EVERYWHERE.....

I just thought you should know that I didnt read your post.