Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuk Beane, then.

Just outright dumb doing this now, rather than in the offseason when demand would have been higher. I don't get the urgency...

You know, I've only been thinking about this for 15 minutes so this might not be right, but...I agree with you.

There's a lot of people trusting the ever living sh** out of the process right now, but honestly, this is a bad trade. It's not bad because we got rid of Dareus on the cheap and "got rid of" his massive contract, it's bad because there was a greater value in having Dareus for the final 10 games of the season than a 6th round pick. Beane couldn't figure out to get rid of him for more than a 6th? Fine, looks like we'll have to keep him and call teams again in the offseason. The savings were not great enough to do it mid-season like this. We are going to be hurt by Dareus no matter what, and he's a better player on the field than his issues and contract problems if we're talking about only a 6th in return.

Does anyone here really think the Bills didnt shop him around?

This is the BEST they could get.

That should tell you everything you need to know.

Good riddance.

Stop. The raiders offered us their next 10 first round picks. We just like Jacksonville. :)

You know, I've only been thinking about this for 15 minutes so this might not be right, but...I agree with you.

There's a lot of people trusting the ever living sh** out of the process right now, but honestly, this is a bad trade. It's not bad because we got rid of Dareus on the cheap and "got rid of" his massive contract, it's bad because there was a greater value in having Dareus for the final 10 games of the season than a 6th round pick. Beane couldn't figure out to get rid of him for more than a 6th? Fine, looks like we'll have to keep him and call teams again in the offseason. The savings were not great enough to do it mid-season like this. We are going to be hurt by Dareus no matter what, and he's a better player on the field than his issues and contract problems if we're talking about only a 6th in return.

it is possible that they wanted him out of the locker room

Lets ask this question, will a 6th rd pick DT play as well as Dareus? Will any 6th rd player be as good as Dareus?

those that despised him and his money, he's gone, who cares what they got.

to answer your question in terms of the trade, hell no from a talent perspective. you could obviously see he wasn't buying in and they got what they could based not on his talent, but unfortunate reputation. the kid was a beast when on all cylinders.

later big stuff

Does anyone here really think the Bills didn’t shop him around?

This is the BEST they could get.

That should tell you everything you need to know.

Good riddance.

But why get rid of him this year at all? Why not after the season?

I'm not happy with this trade, yes Dareus hasn't lived up to his contract, but are we going to find a better player than him, while swallowing over 20 million over the next 2 year. The answer is, it's unlikely, highly unlikely...and Kyle is about to retire as well.

LOL you guys are amazing. What does it matter where they were drafted? They weren't producing. This is a fantastic trade and I love the fact we could potentially get a 5th rounder for it. The help to the cap is a huge bonus, too.

I'm amazed how so many in this thread have no clue how the business of football works.

What does it matter where they were drafted? Did you really just ask that?

Haha, it seems you may not understand the business of football.

I am very disappointed, but not as much in the trade but that Dareus has turned into a player of this little value.

Just so everyone is clear, we did NOT trade the number three overall pick for a 6th rounder. We traded a disappointing and underachieving and overpaid player who we mistakenly thought six years ago was better than Julio Jones, Patrick Peterson, AJ Green and JJ Watt.

We are trading the current player and remaining contract, and the fact that we didn't get our draft value six and a half years ago shouldn't impact our judgment here. Like the Watkins trade, we have to evaluate the actual player now and the impact of their departure on the big picture in addition to what we get back. I'm more confident in out current decision makers than I have been in a while, so I will trust the process.

If there was a better trade they would have taken it, so when no team will offer a fourth for him, the mistake is in the past and all 32 teams think he is worth less than a fourth as a player with his contract. Oh well. Let's win. Sunday and see what 5-2 feels like without Marcel.