Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

I think Dareus will have a good season in 2017, but I think his eventual lack of motivation will rear its head in 2018. Dareus didn't seem to like Marrone or McD who were both disciplinarians, he didn't seem to like Rex a whole lot either and Rex is a big time players coach. So neither a players coach nor disciplinarian could really reach him after he got his big contract. Kind of proves that the big contract gave him a big head.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Dareus will have a good season in 2017, but I think his eventual lack of motivation will rear its head in 2018. Dareus didn't seem to like Marrone or McD who were both disciplinarians, he didn't seem to like Rex a whole lot either and Rex is a big time players coach. So neither a players coach nor disciplinarian could really reach him after he got his big contract. Kind of proves that the big contract gave him a big head.

I want to echo Kyle Williams' sentiment of this trade, that it was probably best for both sides. It got stale.

He wasn't fitting in to what McD/Beane were looking for and Dareus needed a change of scenery, a fresh start.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dareus play some good football over the course of the season. The problem with Dareus is his inability to remain disciplined and I believe he has momentary lapses of judgement and it ends up costing him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dareus play some good football over the course of the season. The problem with Dareus is his inability to remain disciplined and I believe he has momentary lapses of judgement and it ends up costing him.

I think he just lacks intelligence or common sense, or both...

http://buffalonews.com/2017/11/01/marcell-dareus-letter-to-buffalo-i-want-to-thank-the-amazing-buffalo-fans/

Marcell Dareus sent this open letter to The News Wednesday afternoon. He was traded by the Buffalo Bills to the Jacksonville Jaguars last Friday.

Last Friday I was traded by the Buffalo Bills to the Jacksonville Jaguars. Although I am looking forward to this next chapter of my NFL career, I want to say goodbye and “Thank you” to everyone who made my time in Buffalo some of the best seven years of my life.

Thank you to Terry, Kim and the entire Pegula family for starting my career in Buffalo and believing in me from the beginning. Thank you to the entire Buffalo Bills organization, particularly the players, management and staff who were around for my entire time there. You helped me so much and I will never forget it.

Oh and thanks for the 50 million dollars.

While I'm glad he did this and I believe and appreciate the sentiment, I hate these kinds of letters that seem to written by a PR firm. It should sound like Marcel. If so it would be much more effective.

I'm sure his agents staff had a hand in writing that. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Dareus or anything but its probably best for both sides.

Edited by Scott7975

Yep.

Thank you Mr. Beane. Hope you hit a home run on that 6th rounder next year.

Dareus could have made a big difference in the Jets game.

4) Jets targeted a pair of defensive tackles

- It hasn’t always been an issue for the Bills in games this season, but in spots, teams have had success against them on the ground when running it straight up the middle. The Jets really seemed to go after two players in particular in the middle of that defensive line: starter Adolphus Washington and Cedric Thornton. Both players had trouble holding up at the point of attack — even in one-on-one matchups — and it allowed for the Jets to open up a running line -- and for helping offensive linemen to get to the second-level to take out the free-range linebacker. While Washington will give you a flash play usually once a game, his consistency at holding up against the run has been massively inconsistent and it’s led to multiple big runs this season on his watch. Thornton has been getting picked on a bit as well. However, don’t even think about being forlorn about trading away Marcell Dareus. In the games he played this season, the only time he really stood out for good reasons was in his final game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, while the rest of the time he was really just another average player out there and had some of the same struggles as Washington and Thornton. Defensive tackle is a very sneaky need for the Bills as they get closer to the offseason, and with how Sean McDermott likes to rotate those guys, you’d have to think they’ll be pretty substantially in the market for one come March and April.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-buffalo-bills-new-york-jets-11_3_17-

Absence felt tonight. No size on the DL.

Dareus could have made a big difference in the Jets game.

I agree. We really could have used Dareus in run defense and pushing the pocket (as the Jets collapsed our pocket).

I also think that these next several games are going to tell the story about this trade and the team. We have had a relatively easy schedule so far this year (after yesterday's game, we have had the 10th easiest schedule).

http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

I think that our next four games (Saints, Chargers, Chiefs, and Pats) are very important. In the past, we have allowed one loss in a game like last night's to become a slide. These next few games are going to show what this team is all about.

4) Jets targeted a pair of defensive tackles

- It hasn’t always been an issue for the Bills in games this season, but in spots, teams have had success against them on the ground when running it straight up the middle. The Jets really seemed to go after two players in particular in the middle of that defensive line: starter Adolphus Washington and Cedric Thornton. Both players had trouble holding up at the point of attack — even in one-on-one matchups — and it allowed for the Jets to open up a running line -- and for helping offensive linemen to get to the second-level to take out the free-range linebacker. While Washington will give you a flash play usually once a game, his consistency at holding up against the run has been massively inconsistent and it’s led to multiple big runs this season on his watch. Thornton has been getting picked on a bit as well. However, don’t even think about being forlorn about trading away Marcell Dareus. In the games he played this season, the only time he really stood out for good reasons was in his final game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, while the rest of the time he was really just another average player out there and had some of the same struggles as Washington and Thornton. Defensive tackle is a very sneaky need for the Bills as they get closer to the offseason, and with how Sean McDermott likes to rotate those guys, you’d have to think they’ll be pretty substantially in the market for one come March and April.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-buffalo-bills-new-york-jets-11_3_17-

Yeah, but our accountants are so much happier with our cap space the year after next.