Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

I liked Dareus his first few years here. He was such a dominating player from 2013 to 2014 one of the top defensive tackles in the league, even in 2011 and 2012 he was a very good player greatly helping out the run defense which coincided with Kyle becoming such a dominating player.

But 2015 once he got paid he just started to play good enough. 2016 he had suspension and injury issues. This past year he never bought into what the coaching staff was doing, and although he wasn't playing bad (I think he was playing average to above average) he just wasn't living up to his contract/talent level and must have been an issue in the locker room.

McD and company clearly believe that it is addition by subtraction, the draft pick is fairly inconsequential and the short term cap relief not major. Just getting Dareus off of the team must have been viewed as a huge plus as the cap return and draft pick aren't that major at least short term.

I do think this move could work out for the Jags, at least it could work out for this season. A change of scenery and a familiar coach as well as joining a strong defensive core could be a kick start for Dareus's career. But the Bills just needed to move on, wish they were able to get a little more for him but they made the move they thought was best for the team.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. doesn't look like any of the other 31 clubs think much of your expected 3rd coupled with his contract.

2. I'm sure his "teammates" were fighting to line up for an opportunity to throw him under the bus.

....guess you're gonna be doubly pissed....oh well.................

I hate this argument. For one Beane said he was offered the trade, discussed it, and took it. But even if you don't believe him, this argument suggests that every trade that is ever made is at 100% optimal value, because a better trade didn't occur. That is just silly.

Edited by What a Tuel

You are betting on people not remembering the Levy/Jauron era. No one thought it was anything special. In fact they used to call Jauron "Skelator" because of the that dumb blank expression on his face. Remember "It's hard to win in the NFL?" Yeah, special.

the nickname maybe true but Jauron was loved as a coach. Players always respected him. And even more so, by all accounts, he was one of the nicest and most sincere men ever

Just read the ESPN article about his arrival in Jax. Talked about how shocked he was to be traded. One thing he did say, thought was kind of funny and the reason he's now in Jax, he mentioned how he arrived in the middle of the worlds largest cocktail party. Certainly he'd be one to notice, just what he needs.

Just read the ESPN article about his arrival in Jax. Talked about how shocked he was to be traded. One thing he did say, thought was kind of funny and the reason he's now in Jax, he mentioned how he arrived in the middle of the worlds largest cocktail party. Certainly he'd be one to notice, just what he needs.

Ever been to a Fla/Georgia game? Hard not to "notice".

Weak take.

I taught in Georgia for a while. The Florida/Georgia crowd knows a lot about the World's Biggest Cocktail Party. But Bama? Although it might be Dareus is from Georgia.

He went to the game, after he was traded. He was THERE. No prior knowledge needed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000870174/article/the-debrief-2017-nfl-trade-deadline-extra-winners-and-losers

Jaguars general manager Dave Caldwell and coach Doug Marrone: Both men are clearly all in on the 2017 season after the deal for Marrone's former player in Buffalo, defensive tackle Marcell Dareus. Tom Coughlin's presence in Jacksonville's front office made this feel like a win-or-else season for the brass below him. They are in fine position to ride their loaded defense to playoff contention, something that hasn't happened since 2010.

I taught in Georgia for a while. The Florida/Georgia crowd knows a lot about the World's Biggest Cocktail Party. But Bama? Although it might be Dareus is from Georgia.

I'm sure they know a thing or two about getting down and dirty in the mud in areas around the party too

I don't know if these people are being purposely obtuse or if they truly don't understand what the trade was about.

"These people . . . being obtuse . . . ." Oh, brother.

Rather than be obtuse, I would just refer you to my posts on the subject.

Edited by Peter