Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That play and the response by his teammates was exhilarating. The announcers at first couldn't figure out what the commotion was about on the sidelines. One of them thought that it was a pushing and shoving match between the two teams. The players were not only responding to the importance of the play but they were responding in support of the player and letting him know how they felt about him. It was a great team moment!

Ive never seen anything like that from a football team. In the grand scheme of things it wasnt an incredible play, just a really nice play that kept the drive moving. To the players it was everything. You want to talk about our culture change, nothing in this game made it more obvious than that.

Ive never seen anything like that from a football team. In the grand scheme of things it wasnt an incredible play, just a really nice play that kept the drive moving. To the players it was everything. You want to talk about our culture change, nothing in this game made it more obvious than that.

The response to the play which in of itself wasn't an exceptional play (which you noted) is a testament to how the players feel about the player. He's not a prominent player on offense and much of his time on the field is on the special team units. When he was called upon he responded and contributed in a critical situation. As you stated this is a clear demonstration of a culture change. You don't hear any player after a win complaining about not getting their touches a la Watkins. I'm very much a jaded fan. But that response got my juices flowing.

When the rest of the team was circled around Tate after a great play, Dareus would have been sitting on the bench wearing an oxygen mask

Without question. Those type of guys aren't welcome in Buffalo anymore. I couldn't be happier.

That play and the response by his teammates was exhilarating. The announcers at first couldn't figure out what the commotion was about on the sidelines. One of them thought that it was a pushing and shoving match between the two teams. The players were not only responding to the importance of the play but they were responding in support of the player and letting him know how they felt about him. It was a great team moment!

A defining moment.

Without question. Those type of guys aren't welcome in Buffalo anymore. I couldn't be happier.

yessir :flirt:

@MatthewFairburn

Kyle Williams on Marcell Dareus trade: "I think it was best for both sides." Mentioned Dareus needed a fresh start.

@JonScottTV

Lorenzo Alexander “shocked” by Marcell Dareus trade. Eric Wood says there was disconnect between Dareus and new regime. #Bills

I think this says a lot.

Agreed, particularly the Zo comment. I watched the game with a guy who has very close Bills contacts, today. He was happy with the trade (but not the value received, like most here, I think), but said this: As far as he heard, Dareus was very well liked in the locker room and in no way a "cancer". But it was clear management did not really buy into him. For good reasons, I'm sure.

@Spencito_

Here's what Kyle Williams had to say about the Marcell Dareus trade. #Bills

DNVmC-dVoAAlsdq.jpg

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer

Bills RB LeSean McCoy said Sunday that the locker room handled the trade of Marcell Dareus more easily because of their experience getting past the August trade of Sammy Watkins. Players understand it's a business, McCoy said.

@MatthewFairburn

Richie Incognito on Marcell Dareus trade: "To be honest, we had kind of felt this coming for a while."

Do yo have the full version of Kyle's statement? That one is cut off, just when it looks like it might get interesting.

Oh, and the Bills probably could have used him on that first TD run, but it worked out, in the end. At least for today.

Edited by The Dean

Agreed, particularly the Zo comment. I watched the game with a guy who has very close Bills contacts, today. He was happy with the trade (but not the value received, like most here, I think), but said this: As far as he heard, Dareus was very well liked in the locker room and in no way a "cancer". But it was clear management did not really buy into him. For good reasons, I'm sure.

Do yo have the full version of Kyle's statement? That one is cut off, just when it looks like it might get interesting.

Oh, and the Bills probably could have used him on that first TD run, but it worked out, in the end. At least for today.

That's all I saw, but here's his postgame interview:

Defensive Lineman Kyle Williams addressed the media inside the locker room following the 34-14 win over the Raiders topics include; playing as a team, young players stepping up, and the quick turnaround for the next game.

Yep, kirbs is on the list of McBeane haters that need to repent their foolishness.

The best move by far was the most important one......the QB choice... keeping Tyrod.

That TD/turnover ratio is getting pretty gaudy. Add another 2-0 today.

You still done with the team if he's the starting QB next season? :lol:

Hilarious watching tankers pretending to have believed in the process.

The best move by far was the most important one......the QB choice... keeping Tyrod.

This team is so bad it can't even tank properly!

I think that your post captures my views on the subject.

Clearly, Kyle Williams did not think that Dareus was a "cancer" or some other way some here have tried to portray him.

Management decided to trade him, but, as you say, many of us (me included) are not happy with the bag of pucks we got in return.

OK, thanks. Looks like that was printed on Bills team stationery, so maybe they will release it, somewhere.

right -

As you pretend something special isn't happening. :lol:

I think that your post captures my views on the subject.

Clearly, Kyle Williams did not think that Dareus was a "cancer" or some other way some here have tried to portray him.

Management decided to trade him, but, as you say, many of us (me included) are not happy with the bag of pucks we got in return.

You get a bag of pucks to get out from underneath a god-awful contract for a player not earning it.

right -

You get a bag of pucks to get out from underneath a god-awful contract for a player not earning it.

You get a 6th round pick when you show the league that you are desperate to get rid of a guy no matter what you receive in return.

If you are going to trade Dareus, fine. But a 6th round pick no matter what the contract is a bag of pucks for a guy like that. St. Doug does not appear to have any qualms about Dareus. This sadly is the second time he has robbed the Bills.

Edited by Peter

right -

Whaley was such a nitwit, thank God McBeane arent wasting any time cleaning up the big mess he made.

You get a 6th round pick when you show the league that you are desperate to get rid of a guy no matter what you receive in return.

If you are going to trade Dareus, fine. But a 6th round pick no matter what the contract is a bag of pucks for a guy like that. St. Doug does not appear to having any qualms about Dareus. This sadly is the second time he has robbed the Bills.

I vehemently disagree.

Whaley was such a nitwit, thank God McBeane arent wasting any time cleaning up the big mess he made.

Amen

If you are going to trade Dareus, fine. But a 6th round pick no matter what the contract is a bag of pucks for a guy like that. St. Doug does not appear to have any qualms about Dareus. This sadly is the second time he has robbed the Bills.

gotta ask - what would you have expected back?

I can't answer for Peter, but I would have to look, again, at the JAX roster to see if they have a glut of bodies at a position of need for the Bills. If not, perhaps a 4th, upgradeable to a 3rd. Or, you hold on to Dareus (he certainly wasn't dragging the team down) until the offseason, and trade him then.

But let's say, this is the best Beane thought they could get, and was concerned if they waited until the offseason there would be no deal to be had. If you REALLY believe that, then you go ahead and make the bad deal. But I don't think you are "happy" about it. I had to sell a car for far less than it was worth, once. Had little choice. But I didn't celebrate getting taken.

I vehemently disagree.

Amen

The 11th post in this thread said (before the compensation was known): "anything less than a second is a joke" or words to that effect. I presume that if you took a poll of everyone on this board before the compensation was leaked, no one would have guessed a 6th round draft choice.

In the end, I would have hoped that they could have found a team that would have traded at least a third. Of course, it did not help that (in my view) the Bills have let it be known that they were desperate to unload Dareus. When you show desperation, a 6th round pick is what you get. If that is all I could have gotten from the Jags, I would have tried to get something more elsewhere or held on to him. Of course, other teams presumably understood that the Bills did not intend to keep him and, accordingly, the Bills did not have much leverage in their negotiations.

Edited by Peter

I can't answer for Peter, but I would have to look, again, at the JAX roster to see if they have a glut of bodies at a position of need for the Bills. If not, perhaps a 4th, upgradeable to a 3rd. Or, you hold on to Dareus (he certainly wasn't dragging the team down) until the offseason, and trade him then.

But let's say, this is the best Beane thought they could get, and was concerned if they waited until the offseason there would be no deal to be had. If you REALLY believe that, then you go ahead and make the bad deal. But I don't think you are "happy" about it. I had to sell a car for far less than it was worth, once. Had little choice. But I didn't celebrate getting taken.

Two things

1) YOU don't think I'm happy about this trade?!? Wrong. I couldn't be happier to be rid of the vastly underachieving, vastly overpaid piece of crap. Am I happy? Yeah - you bet I am.

2) Your use of the "comma" is deplorable. Your posts drive me nuts.