Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

@richcimini

Could Jets pull off a Dareus-like trade with Mo Wilkerson?

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/72419/could-jets-pull-off-a-dareus-like-trade-with-mo-wilkerson

1. The Mo market: On Friday night, the Buffalo Bills executed a masterful salary dump by trading underachieving defensive tackle Marcell Dareus to the Jacksonville Jaguars for a sixth-round pick. Which raises a question: Could the Jets do the same with Muhammad Wilkerson before Tuesday's trading deadline?

The short answer: Highly unlikely.

Allow me to explain.

The beauty of the Dareus deal is that it allowed the Bills to unload an onerous contract without blowing up their cap. Because of the way the deal is structured (a $7.35 million guarantee in 2018), it would've been financially prohibitive to cut him next March. The cap hit would've been more than $20 million. The Jaguars gave the Bills a way out and they took it.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@richcimini

Could Jets pull off a Dareus-like trade with Mo Wilkerson?

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/72419/could-jets-pull-off-a-dareus-like-trade-with-mo-wilkerson

The beauty of the Dareus deal is that it allowed the Bills to unload an onerous contract without blowing up their cap. Because of the way the deal is structured (a $7.35 million guarantee in 2018), it would've been financially prohibitive to cut him next March. The cap hit would've been more than $20 million. The Jaguars gave the Bills a way out and they took it.

Don't tell this to MajBobby who insists it the same cap hit cutting him at end of season.

Apologies if my agenda does not fit your thought process. I simply stop drinking Bills FO kool aid about 10 years ago for good reason. I want nothing more to see success from this staff. That has to be earned, stock pilling draft picks means zero to me at this point and time.

Your little condescending troll like side jabs are garbage BTW. ? my fandom for the Bills all you want but your take on me and patronage for this team is 100% flat out wrong.

I look forward to your post game accolades. :thumbsup:

Don't tell this to MajBobby who insists it the same cap hit cutting him at end of season.

Maybe read the contract that guarantee doesnt hit until the Third day of the new year. But hey keep trying

Hence all the MARCH talk in everyone of these articles

Edited by MAJBobby

Wrong it is a very true and correct way. You had Dareus on this team for his Sunk cost contract.

You chose to fet rid of him causing still 10M plus to be assigned right now to No other DT. So essentially paying 10M for nada to help the Dt rotation.

You sign a new DT to fill Dareus spot in the rotation you are assigning double digit cap hit to a lesser player.

So just remember that people that say Dareus wasnt worth his cap hit

No ****. So when his replacement is signed you now have that replacement as the vaule of his contract plus the dead money

You ahould just hang up them hot takes for a while. You have been nothing but wrong. Including today. 54 yards rushing. Yup