Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

right -

As you pretend something special isn't happening. :lol:

You get a bag of pucks to get out from underneath a god-awful contract for a player not earning it.

I don't know if anything special is really happening or not........the 2011 team was less talented than this one and got off to a better start.

Jauron had his run too and everyone said it was *different* that time as well.

I am a believer in Tyrod as a great fit for Jauron Ball.........which is what this team is executing at a very high level right now.

Is a season like Jauron had in Chicago.......earning homefield advantage as the NFC's #1 seed.......a possibility? Probably not but if anyone is due for bounces like that Bears team got, it's this Bills team.

But while they are off to a good start the process is not new.

Jauron purged the roster of players who thought the grass was greener elsewhere.

McDermott is doing the same.

We get sold the idea that it's for the better..........in Jauron's case we were all pretty thrilled with his first season.

Can they maintain it? I hope so.

I wasn't a tanker........prior to the Watkins trade I figured this team could very conceivably win 10-11 games.........they greatly underachieved under Rex.

I think they'd still be the same kind of hard nosed team with Watkins as they are without him.........just much more explosive in the pass game and subsequently better off in the games they've lost.

Didn't care much about Darby.......replaceable in any draft.

Don't like the Dareus trade timing but not real busted up about it either..........the writing was on the wall in preseason when team shill Chris Brown was calling him out on the Bills pregames in the summer.........it would have been a huge upset if he made it thru to the end of the season.

Still.......with Tyrod and that run game and a bendy no breaky defense I didn't see this being a bad(tanking) team........just painful to watch at times........which has been the case for the most part up until the past two weeks.

But just like with Jauron.......nobody else in the league is building their team like this for a reason...........it wasn't sustainable then so there certainly is reason to think it probably won't be now.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 11th post in this thread said (before the compensation was known): "anything less than a second is a joke" or words to that effect. I presume that if you took a poll of everyone on this board before the compensation was leaked, no one would have guessed a 6th round draft choice.

In the end, I would have hoped that they could have found a team that would have traded at least a third. Of course, it did not help that (in my view) the Bills have let it be known that they were desperate to unload Dareus. When you show desperation, a 6th round pick is what you get. If that is all I could have gotten from the Jags, I would have tried to get something more elsewhere or held on to him. Of course, other teams presumably understood that the Bills did not intend to keep him and, accordingly, the Bills did not have much leverage in their negotiations.

I'm not interested in the 11th post or anyone else's.

We got the goods and let go of a malcontent.

Think for yourself, will ya? Christ......

I don't know if anything special is really happening or not........the 2011 team was less talented than this one and got off to a better start.

I am a believer in Tyrod as a great fit for Jauron Ball.........which is what this team is executing at a very high level right now.

Is a season like Jauron had in Chicago.......earning homefield advantage as the NFC's #1 seed.......a possibility? Probably not but if anyone is due for bounces like that Bears team got, it's this Bills team.

Jauron purged the roster of players who thought the grass was greener elsewhere.

We get sold the idea that it's for the better..........in Jauron's case we were all pretty thrilled with his first season.

I wasn't a tanker........prior to the Watkins trade I figured this team could very conceivably win 10-11 games.........they greatly underachieved under Rex.

I think they'd still be the same kind of hard nosed team with Watkins as they are without him.........just much more explosive in the pass game and subsequently better off in the games they've lost.

Don't like the Dareus trade timing but not real busted up about it either..........the writing was on the wall in preseason when team shill Chris Brown was calling him out on the Bills pregames in the summer.........it would have been a huge upset if he made it thru to the end of the season.

Still.......with Tyrod and that run game and a bendy no breaky defense I didn't see this being a bad(tanking) team........just painful to watch at times........which has been the case for the most part up until the past two weeks.

But just like with Jauron.......nobody else in the league is building their team like this for a reason...........it wasn't sustainable then so there certainly is reason to think it probably won't be now.

You continue to look back.

I'm looking forward.

You are betting on people not remembering the Levy/Jauron era. No one thought it was anything special. In fact they used to call Jauron "Skelator" because of the that dumb blank expression on his face. Remember "It's hard to win in the NFL?" Yeah, special.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

You get a 6th round pick when you show the league that you are desperate to get rid of a guy no matter what you receive in return.

If you are going to trade Dareus, fine. But a 6th round pick no matter what the contract is a bag of pucks for a guy like that. St. Doug does not appear to have any qualms about Dareus. This sadly is the second time he has robbed the Bills.

Right....ask the Texans what it takes to unload a garbage contract and get back to us.

I'm not interested in the 11th post or anyone else's.

We got the goods and let go of a malcontent.

Think for yourself, will ya? Christ......

You continue to look back.

I'm looking forward.

I am thinking for myself buddy. I am showing that by not being a lemming and claiming this was a great trade.

I thought it was pretty clear why I pointed out the 11th post in this thread. That poster was stating an opinion (that probably was common at the time) as to what Dareus should get in return. Pretty simple really, but I guess you missed that.

In any event, I think that the Bills painted themselves in a corner. The Jags took advantage. In my opinion, we should have gotten a third or at least a decent player. I guess we just disagree. Whatever.

I am thinking for myself buddy. I am showing that by not being a lemming and claiming this was a great trade.

I thought it was pretty clear why I pointed out the 11th post in this thread. That poster was stating an opinion (that probably was common at the time) as to what Dareus should get in return. Pretty simple really, but I guess you missed that.

In any event, I think that the Bills painted themselves in a corner. The Jags took advantage. In my opinion, we should have gotten a third or at least a decent player. I guess we just disagree. Whatever.

I like the trade. You don't.

You are betting on people not remembering the Levy/Jauron era. No one thought it was anything special. In fact they used to call Jauron "Skelator" because of the that dumb blank expression on his face. Remember "It's hard to win in the NFL?" Yeah, special.

Is that so?

When Jauron's Bills started out 2008 with a 5-1 record......including some decisive victories........ it was a huge story in the NFL and Bills fans were talking about homefield advantage scenarios and thought they had the next great QB in Trent Edwards. Bill Walsh had said so, ya' know. :lol:

How soon we forget. :rolleyes:

No they didn't. They have made very conscious decisions about the guys they do and do not want on their team and have executed their plan accordingly.

Dumping a lazy malcontent with a huge contract was a win all by itself, regardless of where he was picked in the draft years ago. Whatever draft pick compensation they get is icing.

No they didn't. They have made very conscious decisions about the guys they do and do not want on their team and have executed their plan accordingly.

Dumping a lazy malcontent with a huge contract was a win all by itself, regardless of where he was picked in the draft years ago. Whatever draft pick compensation they get is icing.

They did because it was no secret that they were desperate to get rid of him.

Just my two cents.

Right....ask the Texans what it takes to unload a garbage contract and get back to us.

Oh brother.

That argument might make sense if I would have made that trade.

You do realize that the Texans also made that trade because they also showed their desperation and were trying to clear cap space to acquire Tony Romo at that time when it appeared Romo was available in the Spring. They needed to make that trade quickly.

Using another team's desperation to attempt to support your argument merely shows how desperate the Bills were. Desperation is not a good look when you are trying to negotiate a trade (or anything else in life).

Is that so?

When Jauron's Bills started out 2008 with a 5-1 record......including some decisive victories........ it was a huge story in the NFL and Bills fans were talking about homefield advantage scenarios and thought they had the next great QB in Trent Edwards. Bill Walsh had said so, ya' know. :lol:

How soon we forget. :rolleyes:

I think you are remembering a couple of articles by some national publications. What I recall was local people saying "well we've seen this before."

. Whatever draft pick compensation they get is icing.

People can agree to disagree on this.

Selling low works from time to time. But it is not a good operating model. Beane has to show that he can be a patient seller, rather than Crazy Eddie...

I think you are remembering a couple of articles by some national publications. What I recall was local people saying "well we've seen this before."

When had we seen that before? The 1990's? :doh:

When they got that 5th win.......against arguably the league's most talented roster in San Diego........ it was hard for anyone to imagine a scenario that didn't include playoffs for the Bills.

Doesn't suit your wish to forget it but it was a heady time for Bills fans.

Two things

1) YOU don't think I'm happy about this trade?!? Wrong. I couldn't be happier to be rid of the vastly underachieving, vastly overpaid piece of crap. Am I happy? Yeah - you bet I am.

2) Your use of the "comma" is deplorable. Your posts drive me nuts.

I may have to look over my post, some other time, to see if I misused commas. It's possible. It's late, and I'm getting tired. Honestly, I believe it's my parenthetical writing style that has your panties in a bunch. But seriously? Commas?

Don't like my posts? Don't read them. My feelings won't be hurt.

I was using the "royal you". I didn't mean you, specifically. Yes, some idiots can get totally taken on a deal and come out happy as hell. One of the reasons con men are so successful.

Strange mentality. There has never been any evidence that Watkins represented a huge delta in terms of expected wins.

Every team that doesn't have an elite franchise QB is forced to build "this way." But in any case, we haven't yet begun to see how the new regime will build the team. We aren't supposed to be good yet. This year was supposed to be about scheme/culture installation, resource accumulation, and self-scouting to determine how best to use said resources. McD & co. have the team playing well several years ahead of schedule. Darn...

Edited by SoFFacet

They did because it was no secret that they were desperate to get rid of him.

Just my two cents.

No ****. What player is traded in "secret"? He was a detriment to what they are trying to build in Buffalo so the sooner they got rid of him the better. And they accomplished that despite the albatross of his contract.

That's not 'selling low', that's addition by subtraction.

You guys are just hung up on the 'he was the #3 pick' thing.

I may have to look over my post, some other time, to see if I misused commas. It's possible. It's late, and I'm getting tired. Honestly, I believe it's my parenthetical writing style that has your panties in a bunch. But seriously? Commas?

Don't like my posts? Don't read them. My feelings won't be hurt.

I was using the "royal you". I didn't mean you, specifically. Yes, some idiots can get totally taken on a deal and come out happy as hell. One of the reasons con men are so successful.

Nothin' for nothin' - when you used the royal "You", did you remember to use proper capitalization?