Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Didn't Buffalo trade a 7th for Wr Clay and we cut him this week ?? That's how bad this trade was

I believe we traded Kevon Seymour and got a 7th.

This is team is re-tooling. Come 2019, we will have a ridiculous amount of cap space with a ton of young players on the roster.

great, wait a few more years before this team is any good. Any guarantee the ton of young players will all be good?

A sixth is basically worthless. That's a terrible idea. If Jacksonville beats us out for a wildcard.

Ummm, Tom Brady was the 6th pick. So was Seattles QB, whos name escapes me at the moment. Martavias Bryant and Nick OLeary were late picks as well. Its all about scouting and selecting good players from 1st to last pick. Beane will deliver.

Good. Now Jax fans can make excuses for his behavior.

Dont care about the return. Getting this clown off our roster is a win.

Agreed. It's sad to think what could have been, but he's had several chances and still doesn't seem to get it. But at least he's rich. Mission accomplished.

...that's not really that great considering we only get a 6th round pick. This is such a tough spot to be in for the Bills. It was lose-lose.

I'm sure they viewed Dareus as a sunk cost. They knew they didn't want him and unloaded him on the first opportunity that arose. I can't blame them.

@spotrac

The #Jaguars acquire Dareus w cap hits of $5.7M, $10.1M, $11.5M, $14.6M, & $14.65M. $7.35M of 2018 salary is GTD.

This is why they would have taken a bag of used kicking balls. Anyone who wants this guy at that salary is insane! See ya big lazy puff.

This ^^

I dont care if hes an idiot you should have just kept him through next year. $14M in dead cap space next year is absurd.

It was a lose-lose situation. I'd rather take a chance on keeping him through the season. If we made a run for the playoffs and had a need for DT depth...it's not like he isn't a former all-pro or anything.

Just wondering if anyone heard Jordan Matthews on Sirius NFL this morning?

If you did, and really heard what he had to say about the team and the locker rooom, youd not be a bit surprised by this trade.

i am not surprised by the trade but thought they would get more in return. The fact that they have been trying to trade him since summer and this is all they could get pretty much says it all. They are teams in much worse shape on the DL than Jax. No one thought he was worth the contract, and hes so close to the 10 game suspension. Edited by YoloinOhio

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

We have a ton of cap space next year.

According to Spotrac about $29 million. Draft picks should be about $10 million or more considering the amount we have. That leaves $19 million for those 3.