Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

According to Spotrac about $29 million. Draft picks should be about $10 million or more considering the amount we have. That leaves $19 million for those 3.

You need about $6M on the rookies. If you factor in Kyle and Wood that could be WAY higher. The Bills have a boatload of space. Eating $14M instead of letting him play through next year is foolish.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they may have wanted him out of the locker room

Ehhh maybe. He would have to be a big distraction for that to be the case and can't the captains keep him in line? The season is halfway done I feel like he could have helped us the rest of the way if you could get him in the right head space. Feels like a waste when this doesn't help us this season

I am very disappointed, but not as much in the trade but that Dareus has turned into a player of this little value.

Just so everyone is clear, we did NOT trade the number three overall pick for a 6th rounder. We traded a disappointing and underachieving and overpaid player who we mistakenly thought six years ago was better than Julio Jones, Patrick Peterson, AJ Green and JJ Watt.

We are trading the current player and remaining contract, and the fact that we didn't get our draft value six and a half years ago shouldn't impact our judgment here. Like the Watkins trade, we have to evaluate the actual player now and the impact of their departure on the big picture in addition to what we get back. I'm more confident in out current decision makers than I have been in a while, so I will trust the process.

If there was a better trade they would have taken it, so when no team will offer a fourth for him, the mistake is in the past and all 32 teams think he is worth less than a fourth as a player with his contract. Oh well. Let's win. Sunday and see what 5-2 feels like without Marcel.

Yeah, sunk cost fallacy all up and down this thread.

You know, I've only been thinking about this for 15 minutes so this might not be right, but...I agree with you.

There's a lot of people trusting the ever living sh** out of the process right now, but honestly, this is a bad trade. It's not bad because we got rid of Dareus on the cheap and "got rid of" his massive contract, it's bad because there was a greater value in having Dareus for the final 10 games of the season than a 6th round pick. Beane couldn't figure out to get rid of him for more than a 6th? Fine, looks like we'll have to keep him and call teams again in the offseason. The savings were not great enough to do it mid-season like this. We are going to be hurt by Dareus no matter what, and he's a better player on the field than his issues and contract problems if we're talking about only a 6th in return.

How do you know Dareus wouldn’t do something stupid and get suspended between now and then?

Trade him while you can.

What does it matter where they were drafted? Did you really just ask that?

Haha, it seems you may not understand the business of football.

This says absolutely everything about how the average fan is completely clueless.

Do you know what a sunk cost is?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

You need about $6M on the rookies. If you factor in Kyle and Wood that could be WAY higher. The Bills have a boatload of space. Eating $14M instead of letting him play through next year is foolish.

Don't get me wrong, I am for this trade.

Do you trust Dareus to play next season?

He is a bowl and bag of Doritos away from a long suspension.

How do you know Dareus wouldn’t do something stupid and get suspended between now and then?

Trade him while you can.

Again, if that's the case why did they have him to start the season then??

If all we could get was a 6th round pick, and we were okay with that, then we should have pulled the trigger in the offseason. If he was such a locker room cancer, why let him hang around for 6 games. We mistakenly felt urgency in the trade deadline and went for it now, which I don't understand. At this point, we should have let him finish the season. The 6th will be there after the season.