Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

No one should be surprised by this. Been saying all year Dareus was going to be gone. The reason they only got a 6th was because he isn't worth ****. He has one of the worst contracts in the league and is a high risk player.

His ranking 79th in D linemen stats is the bottom line. He stunk this season.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that is their use. Especially on next year's Bills when we have six picks in first three rounds. All six are very likely to make the team. But I would doubt if more than 6-7 total do. That's a lot of rookies. So our 4-5-6-7 guys, which normally 2-3 make the team, now maybe one does.

Not sure that was a necessary dig.

agree, I think we saw that last year with moving up twice in the 2nd. Try to turn the later picks into higher picks. You can also trade them for vet players, of course. Edited by YoloinOhio

well, trust the process! I was shocked when seeing this, but thinking about it now I'm cool with it. He only had like 10 tackles and the contract was INSANE. Guess they know what and who they want in the locker room and he didn't fit the mold.

Oh well...good big guy, you will definitely shed some pounds down there in that heat.

well, trust the process! I was shocked when seeing this, but thinking about it now I'm cool with it. He only had like 10 tackles and the contract was INSANE. Guess they know what and who they want in the locker room and he didn't fit the mold.

Oh well...good big guy, you will definitely shed some pounds down there in that heat.

We'll see who takes on double teams with his departure.

I wouldn't go by his stats this year. The coaches were grooming him to be traded, and limiting his play.

He was

They barely played him the first 5 weeks of the season. I really don't want to be getting to a point where I'm defending Dareus because he's not exactly my favorite player, but... he didn't look that bad. We should have let him play out the year. If he was such a locker room cancer we should have done this before the year began.

He actually looked pretty good against Tampa. He was consistently double-teamed, and if not beating it then he was at least soaking up blockers and holding the line of scrimmage.

You don't just throw away assets like this FO does. The lack of return is the big problem.

Culture is very important. But it's on the coaching staff to get as much as possible out of their players. And I don't think this staff did, by a long shot.

Rookie mistakes by McD and Beane to just pull the plug for less than nothing....

his contributions in games have been less than nothing.. yet hes paid a ton of money. Lets keep paying a guy hoping he will eventually pan out. The time has expired on Marcel, and it was about time. Edited by Idandria

He actually looked pretty good against Tampa. He was consistently double-teamed, and if not beating it then he was at least soaking up blockers and holding the line of scrimmage.

Well, McDermott certainly went out of his way to praise him after the game...It's the first time he's done that, that I can recall, and I immediately suspected something was up.