Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

People who say culture doesn't matter are clueless. Players play harder when they care more about the other people in the room and see them going all out. It is almost subconscious. If you have one or two of those personalities in the room you can deal with it. If you have a few or more it could be a cancer and the bigger the player, the more they make, the more they can affect the attitude of the club.

McDermott and Beane are trying to build something here and believe or not, culture matters. I love this trade and the Bills will be better for it.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just in from ESPN:

"The Bills will receive a 2018 sixth-round pick from Jacksonville. A source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the selection can become a fifth-round pick based on Dareus' performance."

So it COULD be a 5th round pick...

Yippie. Still a very very very dumb trade.

He looked pretty good in the last five minutes. He was a tub of goo for the first 45.

Perhaps. But even when he is a tub of goo he is such a big tub that no one runs up the middle on us, and haven't the entire year really. Other guys have surely helped but he's pretty stout even when not making a lot of plays.

Because you arent getting anywhere near the production that he is capable of for $2m in cap space.

Our biggest point of disagreement probably comes down to what we think potential is worth. To me, not a whole lot, especially for a guy on his second contract, but it's an interesting thing to think about.

This just in from ESPN:

"The Bills will receive a 2018 sixth-round pick from Jacksonville. A source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the selection can become a fifth-round pick based on Dareus' performance."

So it COULD be a 5th round pick...

We better hope to God that Dareus doesn't play well. If this sixth rounder turns into a fifth, we lose our shot at Tom Brady.

Because you arent getting anywhere near the production that he is capable of for $2m in cap space.

Adolphus Washington,

Cedric Thornton

Jerel Worthy

These guys now have to take on the double teams and stack the middle next to Kyle. The DT rotation looks a lot shakier...

6th rounder?! I seriously hope not

I was shocked to but they unloaded that contract! He has had such little impact, it's actually great we got this done , that contract doesn't warrant his play ,not even close, we can get 2-3 quality players for the money we saved!

Also we have had guys step up big time on the DL. Ryan Davis, who can possibly allow us to kick Shaq inside, Thorton is balling, Worthy, Kyle and Jerry are balling, big time addition by subtraction!

Our biggest point of disagreement probably comes down to what we think potential is worth. To me, not a whole lot, especially for a guy on his second contract, but it's an interesting thing to think about.

Throw potential out the window (but keep in mind hes been to the pro bowl twice and been an All-Pro). Do you believe that a 6th round pick and $2M in cap space will equate to Dareus impact? That is what e are talking about. If you believe it thats fine. I dont.

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

Happy!

Happy!

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

giphy.gif

Throw potential out the window (but keep in mind hes been to the pro bowl twice and been an All-Pro). Do you believe that a 6th round pick and $2M in cap space will equate to Dareus impact? That is what e are talking about. If you believe it thats fine. I dont.

I believe it's very possible. Dareus has been a huge disappointment to me after his great years under Pettine and Schwartz.

Perhaps. But even when he is a tub of goo he is such a big tub that no one runs up the middle on us, and haven't the entire year really. Other guys have surely helped but he's pretty stout even when not making a lot of plays.

Here’s what we need to realize; even if Dareus was playing better, he was still going to be shipped out. This FO does not like him for the person he is, the risk he represents , and the example he sets in an environment trying to establish a specific kind of new culture. The only thing preventing them from downright releasing him was his albatross of a contract.

Im not really mad about trading Dareus but I would say the writing is on the wall here. With all the moves so far its clear this front office is going to go all in cheap and never pay or want to pay anyone. We are going to be the Rays here and anytime a good player wants to be paid, we will replace him with entry level moneyball trash. That doesnt work. I dont care what anyone says or thinks about it. You need to keep high end players if you ever want to win big in this league. Again, its not specifically about Dareus, he was a headache. But obviously this FO and staff thinks they can win with anyone. That is a dangerous game to play. Eventually we will cut it to thin and this thing will get sideways. The depth of this current roster is terrible right now and Ill admit it has worked so far. I just dont feel like its sustainable. If this team trades Glenn for chump change and god forbid turns to Shady...there is a fine line IMO

Adolphus Washington,

Cedric Thornton

Jerel Worthy

These guys now have to take on the double teams and stack the middle next to Kyle. The DT rotation looks a lot shakier...

Yeah, it was a need prior but now it is up there near WR as the biggest need. Kyle may (and probably will) retire. We will need 1-2 players starters there. Maybe they make a run at Poe (as an example) but its a big hole.