Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

Maybe you might want to put the TB game on and watch him routinely stack Double Teams.

Who on the DT group does that now. So again Bills fighting for a playoff WEAKEN their team.

This was a DUMB trade and should have been made in this coming offseason that is when they could have maxed his value

The same people that did so the other 67% of the snaps that Dareus was on the sideline.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here’s what we need to realize; even if Dareus was playing better, he was still going to be shipped out. This FO does not like him for the person he is, the risk he represents , and the example he sets in an environment trying to establish a specific kind of new culture. The only thing preventing them from downright releasing him was his albatross of a contract.

Boom.

This puff's for you Marcell :flirt:

Im not really mad about trading Dareus but I would say the writing is on the wall here. With all the moves so far its clear this front office is going to go all in cheap and never pay or want to pay anyone. We are going to be the Rays here and anytime a good player wants to be paid, we will replace him with entry level moneyball trash. That doesnt work. I dont care what anyone says or thinks about it. You need to keep high end players if you ever want to win big in this league. Again, its not specifically about Dareus, he was a headache. But obviously this FO and staff thinks they can win with anyone. That is a dangerous game to play. Eventually we will cut it to thin and this thing will get sideways. The depth of this current roster is terrible right now and Ill admit it has worked so far. I just dont feel like its sustainable. If this team trades Glenn for chump change and god forbid turns to Shady...there is a fine line IMO

Yeah, because NOTHING says cheap quite like a team owned by Terry Pegula.

Think before you post.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

You know, I've only been thinking about this for 15 minutes so this might not be right, but...I agree with you.

There's a lot of people trusting the ever living sh** out of the process right now, but honestly, this is a bad trade. It's not bad because we got rid of Dareus on the cheap and "got rid of" his massive contract, it's bad because there was a greater value in having Dareus for the final 10 games of the season than a 6th round pick. Beane couldn't figure out to get rid of him for more than a 6th? Fine, looks like we'll have to keep him and call teams again in the offseason. The savings were not great enough to do it mid-season like this. We are going to be hurt by Dareus no matter what, and he's a better player on the field than his issues and contract problems if we're talking about only a 6th in return.

What if his performance continues to be an issue? Or he gets another suspension? Make the deal and move on. Too bad he couldn't figure it out. And if our ex-Marine DL coach couldn't get him to figure it out you think Marrone and Coughlin will?

He signed a big contract and turned into a tub of goo.

I believe it's very possible. Dareus has been a huge disappointment to me after his great years under Pettine and Schwartz.

Then I guess we disagree. Xavier Omon, Cary Harris, Danny Batten, Chris White, Mark Asper, Dustin Hopkins, Nick OLeary, Tony Steward, Kolby Listenbee, Kevon Seymour and Tanner Vallejo are the 6th round picks over the last decade. If you are feeling good about that and $2M of cap space more power to ya. IMO, its a mistake.

We have had him for a decade and no playoffs!*

*One of the only other nearly as ridiculous things as TB was a sixth rounder, "We didn't win with Joe Blow so how good could he have been?!,

We could get the next Matt Darby!

Dick Jauron and Marv were trying to develop a culture as well. I recall the term "football character" frequently thrown around on this board like it was a guarantee to work. Only problem is culture needs to be balanced with talent.

It should be concerning that Coach McD isn't motivating young wealthy men to play hard. Dareus had issues and we know he wasn't buying in.

Good thing McBean is accumulating these draft picks. They're going to be using most of them now to fill needs at DT, LB, WR, RB, TE, and hopefully QB.

I know that to be true and what they are thinking, that doesn't mean I have to believe or agree with it.

And I can respect that. IMO, the player we knew to be Dareus a few years ago is long gone. Oh, I’m sure he’ll come out and dominate his first series or two in Jax, but character always reverts to form. And Marrone is not a good match for Dareus, either, IMO. Dareus played for Schwartz, not Marrone. Most of the players didn’t like Marrone even a little bit.

The rotation is getting weaker. Dareus played 57% of the defensive snaps last week. Now these three journeymen have to pick up that work--and do it effectively...

it seemed to me like they had one extra DT. When Dareus was healthy enough to be active, either Worthy or Adolphus was inactive. Their numbers seem fine.

Wait...we ONLY got a 6th rounder???????? I am all for this trade, but geezus, this isnt some scrub with no talent who is also coming off a good game. I hope its not just a 6th rounder, I mean thats as bad as when the Lakers got Gasol for nothing.

There isnt at least a WR, DB, OL, or even just multiple picks? If its only a 6th, I would have kept him, let him get a groove and increase his trade value then trade him at end of year. I really hope its not just a measly 6th rounder.

He's been playing like a scrub, also no one wants to take on his contract, and he could easily be suspended for 10 games

..he tremendously ruined any value he had

The same people that did so the other 67% of the snaps that Dareus was on the sideline.

You have to excuse Booby. He hasnt been right about anything he has bitched about so far this season.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

I read this and thought it had to be a joke. I don't care about his attitude and contract. He is a Pro Bowl DT and one of the better ones at his position. We should have gotten a player and a 3rd which could escalate to a 2nd or 1st based on performance. BAD BAD TRADE!

Umm. Do you think Beane had that offer on the table and turned it down for a 6th?

No one wants Marcel and his 8 tackles in 6 games, with his toxic contract. No one. So they got what they could.

Next.