Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

Check your game log stats again and tell me how many Defensive snaps he played against TB.

33% of the snaps on the year. I couldn't care less about 1 individual game. That just shows outside of Tampa...our worst defensive performance of the year...Dareus really hasn't played. It only strengthens my argument and weakens yours.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I guess we disagree. Xavier Omon, Cary Harris, Danny Batten, Chris White, Mark Asper, Dustin Hopkins, Nick OLeary, Tony Steward, Kolby Listenbee, Kevon Seymour and Tanner Vallejo are the 6th round picks over the last decade. If you are feeling good about that and $2M of cap space more power to ya. IMO, its a mistake.

Feeling good? I'd say it's more indifferent.

If he makes the Pro-Bowl we should get a third, multiple pro-bowls, a first in 2019. we don't need a 6th next year. We should have gotten higher picks in 2019 based on performance or a starter.

It's like you think these options were possible and Beane opted for a worse option. They have been trying to trade him since the Summer. No one wanted him.

Ok I just looked it up. Dareus played just over 33% of the snaps this year. I guess our D was good on 33% of the snaps and terrible the other 67%.

No but if he played 100% of the time you could triple his stats no? That would actually put him close to his PBowl 2014 year,

Dick Jauron and Marv were trying to develop a culture as well. I recall the term "football character" frequently thrown around on this board like it was a guarantee to work. Only problem is culture needs to be balanced with talent.

It should be concerning that Coach McD isn't motivating young wealthy men to play hard. Dareus had issues and we know he wasn't buying in.

Good thing McBean is accumulating these draft picks. They're going to be using most of them now to fill needs at DT, LB, WR, RB, TE, and hopefully QB.

It doesnt happen often but we are 100% in agreement. The line about balancing culture and talent is so, so true and something to keep an eye on. There has to be a balance. Great stuff BillsVet!!!

Ive factored in the $14M of dead space next year (hence the $2M in cap space created).

Right. Once you account for the sunk costs to the cap... its would you trade a 6th for dareus on a $2m deal if you re-frame it

I would bring in that talent at that. We just said no to it.

Edited by NoSaint

33% of the snaps on the year. I couldn't care less about 1 individual game. That just shows outside of Tampa...our worst defensive performance of the year...Dareus really hasn't played. It only strengthens my argument and weakens yours.

Post the site your gettinf that number. Because i bet you are counting his INJ missed plays as wel. But your agenda i got it

Explain how it's twisted? It's fact

Show it

And I can respect that. IMO, the player we knew to be Dareus a few years ago is long gone. Oh, Im sure hell come out and dominate his first series or two in Jax, but character always reverts to form. And Marrone is not a good match for Dareus, either, IMO. Dareus played for Schwartz, not Marrone. Most of the players didnt like Marrone even a little bit.

And I can respect that. IMO, the player we knew to be Dareus a few years ago is long gone. Oh, I’m sure he’ll come out and dominate his first series or two in Jax, but character always reverts to form. And Marrone is not a good match for Dareus, either, IMO. Dareus played for Schwartz, not Marrone. Most of the players didn’t like Marrone even a little bit.

Yup. Dareus is a unique character. I don't think he's the jerk people make him out to be. I do think you can't excuse his behavior anymore. I do think that his teammates like him more than don't. It's possible that we will be better without him with all overachievers. That has yet to be determined. And who knows whether Dareus will perform for Todd Wash, the DC of the Jags. I know nothing about him except they kept him because his D was top ten last year.

it seemed to me like they had one extra DT. When Dareus was healthy enough to be active, either Worthy or Adolphus was inactive. Their numbers seem fine.

Not numbers. Talent.

Washington was thought to be almost out of here a few weeks ago. Worthy's only played 52 snaps all season. Thorton weighs 299, so he's not stacking anything...

Edited by Lurker

I really hope there's some part to this that everyone who has reported on it so far is getting wrong. (Jax is on the hook for the 2018 guaranteed portion of Dareus's salary or something)

If we really traded a 2x probowl DT (within the AFC to a wildcard competitor) to save $7mil over 2 years and gain a 6th round pick I don't know what to say. We could have saved more money cutting Dimarco/Ducasse.