Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throw potential out the window (but keep in mind hes been to the pro bowl twice and been an All-Pro). Do you believe that a 6th round pick and $2M in cap space will equate to Dareus impact? That is what e are talking about. If you believe it thats fine. I dont.

We're not going to be paying a 6th round pick 8 figures either.

You don't pay a guy that money to soak up blockers like a 0-tech NT and come off the field for 50% of the plays.

Yippie. Still a very very very dumb trade.

He was a part time role player this season. He was soft on the run. Remember him getting bulldozed into the end zone on a run? He was halfway out the door already. Minimal effort when he was out there. The guy had the talent but not the drive or heart like Kyle Williams. If they could only get a 6th, that tells you how the rest of the league views him.

Im not really mad about trading Dareus but I would say the writing is on the wall here. With all the moves so far its clear this front office is going to go all in cheap and never pay or want to pay anyone. We are going to be the Rays here and anytime a good player wants to be paid, we will replace him with entry level moneyball trash. That doesnt work. I dont care what anyone says or thinks about it. You need to keep high end players if you ever want to win big in this league. Again, its not specifically about Dareus, he was a headache. But obviously this FO and staff thinks they can win with anyone. That is a dangerous game to play. Eventually we will cut it to thin and this thing will get sideways. The depth of this current roster is terrible right now and Ill admit it has worked so far. I just dont feel like its sustainable. If this team trades Glenn for chump change and god forbid turns to Shady...there is a fine line IMO

Or maybe they are just clearing up all the bad crap on the team and the books so they can build a team properly.

Here’s what we need to realize; even if Dareus was playing better, he was still going to be shipped out. This FO does not like him for the person he is, the risk he represents , and the example he sets in an environment trying to establish a specific kind of new culture. The only thing preventing them from downright releasing him was his albatross of a contract.

I know that to be true and what they are thinking, that doesn't mean I have to believe or agree with it.

its not like we were winning with them either.

How many times did this board discuss how we were .500 despite Rex and imagine what a competent coach wouldve gotten out of the roster.

So was it the roster or rex that was holding us back?

How many times did this board discuss how we were .500 despite Rex and imagine what a competent coach wouldve gotten out of the roster.

So was it the roster or rex that was holding us back?

Can't it be both?

He was a part time role player this season. He was soft on the run. Remember him getting bulldozed into the end zone on a run? He was halfway out the door already. Minimal effort when he was out there. The guy had the talent but not the drive or heart like Kyle Williams. If they could only get a 6th, that tells you how the rest of the league views him.

Maybe you might want to put the TB game on and watch him routinely stack Double Teams.

Who on the DT group does that now. So again Bills fighting for a playoff WEAKEN their team.

This was a DUMB trade and should have been made in this coming offseason that is when they could have maxed his value

Adolphus Washington,

Cedric Thornton

Jerel Worthy

These guys now have to take on the double teams and stack the middle next to Kyle. The DT rotation looks a lot shakier...

isnt that what theyve been doing all year? I agree the depth looks worse but he hasnt played much this year. Edited by YoloinOhio

Been a fan for as long as I can remember and this season shows the change! I know alot of people are nervous but this is all good.

We needed to move on from the past era. Hate to see talent leave if they wanted to stay but D didn't want to be here or maybe even play. Free up the cash for talent that want to play.

Lots of football left and this team is showing heart. I'm excited for the first time in a long time.

Go Billsssss!

Im not really mad about trading Dareus but I would say the writing is on the wall here. With all the moves so far its clear this front office is going to go all in cheap and never pay or want to pay anyone. We are going to be the Rays here and anytime a good player wants to be paid, we will replace him with entry level moneyball trash.

Jumping-to-Conclusions.jpg

i think we are in the minority but im VERY happy

I'm fine with it as well. The FO clearly views this as addition by subtraction, which is a legitimate position for them to take. And they'll eventually be proven either right or wrong. That, plus some cap relief, are the keys to the deal. The draft pick was a throw in, which was probably as good as they were going to get for a lazy, out of shape player who is one positive test away from a 10 game suspension.