Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

I've been critical of Dareus for what seems like a lifetime now...I always hoped for the best...But when he showed up fat at his first camp, and never even sniffed the 320 he was at the Combine again...He pretty much lost me a while ago...

It's ultra rare for anyone to waste this much potential because few have that much potential...But the kid never grew up...I think the fact that the best they could get for him was a 6th says it all about what he has become...I have watched him ever-so-closely these past two seasons, and outside of the few downs when he decides to bring it, he's pretty much been JAG...

What will always sting is...Well...AJ Green, Julio Jones, Patrick Peterson, JJ Watt, Tyron Smith...Ugh... B-)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth though both teams fighting for playoffs Jax and Buf.

And Jax gets better

Bills get worse

I don't know. If Jax got better, it's only slightly. Don't think the Bills got worse. Dareus has been playing like a regular old platoon player for awhile now.

Think of how they are pitching this trade to Worthy, Washington, and Thornton. "Well boys, looks like we are now looking for our next stud DT. If we don't find him with our remaining games, guess we'll be looking for one in next years draft. Who wants it?!?"

Agreed.

Now assigning dareus to the list of high draft picks purged- whos left that we drafted first or second round before this year?

Wood, Shaq, and cordy(at least for now)

Jettisoned since last season- dareus, sammy, EJ, Gilmore, Kujo, woods, Ragland, Darby and Aaron Williams?

Granted some were natural but thats an astonishing couple of months

I prefer a real rebuild to trying to make it work with the wrong players. Isn’t that what Rex did?

I read this and thought it had to be a joke. I don't care about his attitude and contract. He is a Pro Bowl DT and one of the better ones at his position. We should have gotten a player and a 3rd which could escalate to a 2nd or 1st based on performance. BAD BAD TRADE!

You must’ve missed the part where - after getting a primo contract with a bunch of guaranteed money - stopped caring, working out and trying at football while taking time to smoke a lot of dope. His next suspension is 10 games and the one after that is a minimum of one season. What is paid for something has no bearing on that thing’s worth. I’m just happy to have cut our losses.

This is a good trade if both of the following conditions are met.

1. Dareus never plays at a probowl level again and

2. We have no dead weight for him any more. Jacksonville just bought his contract too.

Edited by GreggTX

Next person that says Tom Brady was a sixth round pick I'm going to punch in the neck. There have been 500-600 6th round picks since then and 95% of them sucked. You want to bet on those odds?

*raising hand* Guilty.

But, accumulating 5th and 6th round draft picks does help our GM move up to a 4th in some cases. (ie. give a 5th and 6th for another teams 4th).

But why get rid of him this year at all? Why not after the season?

I would guess because if we kept him on and he got another failed drug test he would see a 10 game suspension. If you think it was hard trading him while clear how hard would it be to trade him on a 10 game vacation? It's not like a trade wipes out any suspensions. Jax took the contract, that was the main objective. Time to move on.

*raising hand* Guilty.

But, accumulating 5th and 6th round draft picks does help our GM move up to a 4th in some cases. (ie. give a 5th and 6th for another teams 4th).

Yes, that is their use. Especially on next year's Bills when we have six picks in first three rounds. All six are very likely to make the team. But I would doubt if more than 6-7 total do. That's a lot of rookies. So our 4-5-6-7 guys, which normally 2-3 make the team, now maybe one does.

OUCH

Not sure that was a necessary dig.