Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im actually shocked we were able to even get anything for him. His contract was full blown AIDS that you realistically couldnt have expected to get much for him. I wonder how much dead cap we will have now.

14.5M dead next year

10M dead this year

wow, a 6th. They HAVE to be takin g on that contract then. Otherwise it makes no sense. Still doesn't either way but......damn at least get the contract off the books

Contract ALWAYS goes with the player

Sweet baby Jesus, I just got the alert on my phone and about fell out of my chair!

Feeling conflicted, I was really hoping Dareus was going to see the light soon and play like a beast. The rational side of me knows that was unlikely to happen.

There is no mistake now. Buffalo wants players that love to play football and leave everything out on the field. Half-ass it and you're gone. I'm down.

Be well Marcel, but suck when you play the Bills.

This regime did what they had to do to get out from under the garbage contract Whaley gave Dareus. It was nice work by Beane to manage to do that. It couldn’t have been easy.

Anyone who says it would’ve been better to just cut him doesn’t understand the reality of his contract. That would’ve been unworkable until after next season. A trade was the only option to get rid of him - and that meant finding a team foolish enough to take on his contract.

The absolute worst part of this entire trade, short, mid and long term, is having to endure reading or hearing random nimrods saying, in all seriousness, "Tom Brady was a 6th round pick."

but .... but .... BUT Tom Brady WAS a sixth round pick. Why do you find facts so tedious, and what do you have against us random nimrods?