Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very surprised any team was willing to take his monster contract. Multiple off the field issues, poor play for years now, he's always had motivation issues, etc.

I thought we were stuck with him for at least one more season due to the dead cap hit, but I suppose this regime views that as a sunk cost and just wanted to move on.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The only thing I'm concerned about is I don't think we have the cap room next season to re-sign Matthews, Gaines and Kyle Williams.

this board is craaazy, majority wanted 99 gone and now he is and y'all complain about it.

of course they couldn't get much for him he hasn't produced in the past 3 years, hes older, on an awful contract and has suspension problems

@mikerodak

The Bills will save $5.73 million off their 2017 salary cap and $2.375 million off their 2018 salary cap. 2019-21 years get wiped out.

Not much, but better than having a player you don't want taking up a roster spot and distracting the other players with all his issues.

Kyle Williams doesn't have to be a babysitter anymore. I bet he's happy.

Don't be an idiot. We still eat the dead cap for a friggin 6th rd pick. I'd much rather have him playing DT here than a 6th rd pick when we still have the cap hit.

Guess you'd be happy with a 4th or 5th for Glenn too?

This ^^

I dont care if hes an idiot you should have just kept him through next year. $14M in dead cap space next year is absurd.

So I guess Im the only one OK with this. The current management has given me no reason to judge their decisions. That said, for those saying ONLY A 6th??!! Do you really think we didnt shop him before that? Im confident there werent teams knocking down our door to give us a 2nd for this lazy !@#$.

@mikerodak

The Bills will save $5.73 million off their 2017 salary cap and $2.375 million off their 2018 salary cap. 2019-21 years get wiped out.

...that's not really that great considering we only get a 6th round pick. This is such a tough spot to be in for the Bills. It was lose-lose.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

This is team is re-tooling. Come 2019, we will have a ridiculous amount of cap space with a ton of young players on the roster.