Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

Bill have an open roster spot ...giphy.gif

Wait, I’m in the wrong thread! I thought that was me in calculus the first time around. NEVER take classs from the dean of the department. They want to make it more complicated than it has to be.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At some point talent matters. You just can't keep trading or cutting good players because they aren't "Your type of guys" and replacing them with scrubs who work hard. This isn't Walmart or your local McDonalds. Eventually the scrubs lower talent level becomes too great to overcome and we are getting pretty close to that point now...say what you want about Dareus, the guy had a lot of talent. Cedric Thornton isn't going to be taking on double teams and holding up any time soon.

Yea, tell that to Chuck Knox. A man who took a team of nobodies and made them believe in themselves so much so that they made the playoffs.

Bill Parcells was another man who wanted "lunch pail" guys and didn't care for superstar type players. He won a Superbowl with the backup QB scrub starting.

As Marv used to say...great talent without great character and work ethic means nothing.

Never a dull day in Buffalo it seems.

I give Beane a lot of credit for making this happen because I was pretty sure we were going to have to simply cut Dareus after the season. But make no mistake about it, this was a 'we have to get this guy of the team ASAP' move and I can understand why some fans are made about a mere 6th round pick in return. But at least we got something and are rid of Overdorf and Whaley's horrendous contract (speaking of Overdorf can anybody explain why this clown is still employed here?)

Only problem I have is with all the injuries piling up this could come back to bite the Bills. Conversely this move probably makes the Jags a legit Superbowl contender and could transform an already great defense into 2000 Ravens caliber meaning they could in fact win with a mediorce QB like Bortles.

Will be interesting to see how this defense plays this week because if we do lose the Raiders as most expect and the defense is horrible again some critics will no doubt point the finger and Beane and McD for their eagerness to unload a player like Dareus.

I don't always check the posters name when I read a thread. But when I saw "Jags are a legit Superbowl contender now" I had to backtrack to see who made that gem of a take. When I read the name, I thought "oh right, him."

Matchup league.

Watkins and Goff aren't on the same page yet but if Josh Norman, Richard Sherman and Jalen Ramsey or AJ Buoye and Patrick Peterson are on Watkins........they aren't on Woods and Kupp.

Been pitch and catch underneath all day for the Rams and those intermediate routes are what Goff throws best...........deep ball clearly his worst and that is Sammy's role in their offense..........but if you actually watch the games you still find safety help on Watkins on Goff's woeful deep throws even off of play action.

Yep. That is what is happening in the games. We will see if defenses start to change.

Yea, tell that to Chuck Knox. A man who took a team of nobodies and made them believe in themselves so much so that they made the playoffs. And then did nothing after getting there.

Bill Parcells was another man who wanted "lunch pail" guys and didn't care for superstar type players. He and Bellicheat won a Superbowl with the backup QB scrub starting. Bill P without Bill B was JAG.

As Marv used to say...great talent without great character and work ethic means nothing.

Fixed it for you.

Edited by The Dean

Addition by subtraction is the only optimistic way of looking at this deal because we didn't receive any thing of any real value for Dareus.

But they didn't have to give up a pick to to unload this boat anchor of a contract and actually netted a pick.

Except Osweiler was a never has been while Dareus was one of the best DT's in the NFL...but lets not let facts get in the way

When I mentioned Cleveland like issues I wasn't comparing this trade to the Osweiler trade. It was more along the lines of the contract the guy was given. The Buffalo Bills have been in a Cleveland like funk the last decade in my view and are finally on their way to building a winning team.

Ummm, Tom Brady was the 6th pick. So was Seattles QB, whos name escapes me at the moment. Martavias Bryant and Nick OLeary were late picks as well. Its all about scouting and selecting good players from 1st to last pick. Beane will deliver.

Oh yeah, sure. Can't wait until the draft when the Bills are virtually a lock to draft the next Brady. Super Bowl!

But they didn't have to give up a pick to to unload this boat anchor of a contract and actually netted a pick.

This was a salary dump and nothing more. I understand the logic, but I still think we are a better team with him than without , this season, while battling for a playoff spot.

I don't agree with the trade at this time, but I'm not surprised. I haven't liked a few of our moves, but what do I know.

You can't judge a painting by a few brush strokes.......let the artist finish it first.

I said when they hired McD he was going to fix this mess and get it right.

Trust the process.

I don't need to.

Fact: He doesn't get targets

Fact: Any receiver of the quality you claim he is gets targets and draws the same type of coverage

Fact: Goff throws to 7 or 8 different targets per game. Watkins for the most part is not one of them

That's all anyone needs to know.

Have you even watched the games or have you watched a few highlights that he got open and are pulling your own hyperbole acting like he is open all the time?

You're gonna lose this argument because 26cb is right. Goff isn't hitting him or throwing deeper stuff to him when he's open because its not his forte. To echo 26cb, watch the games. Watkins is getting speparation and not dropping passes. Edited by dave mcbride

Yea, tell that to Chuck Knox. A man who took a team of nobodies and made them believe in themselves so much so that they made the playoffs.

Bill Parcells was another man who wanted "lunch pail" guys and didn't care for superstar type players. He won a Superbowl with the backup QB scrub starting.

LT was not 'lunch pail' whatever the heck that means. Hoestetler was hardly a scrub. Led the Raiders to the playoffs and nearly beat us again in Buffalo.

This was a salary dump and nothing more. I understand the logic, but I still think we are a better team with him than without , this season, while battling for a playoff spot.

4 tackles and 1 sack say he wasn't any better than any other man in the rotation.

Addition by subtraction is the only optimistic way of looking at this deal because we didn't receive any thing of any real value for Dareus.

And that's one of the points I was trying to make. We didn't get tangable value. Because he doesn't have tangable value...to us at the least. His presence goes against the new philosophy. Removing him leaves us with a hungry and overachieving roster. A solid platform to build upon.

Kevin Massare: The Bills save: $5.73 million in 2017, $2.375 million in 2018, $11.585m in 2019, $14.6m in 2020 and $14.65 in 2021. For anyones reference.

Win, game, set, match point. We have moved on and this was the best case scenario. By the end of next year we have no cap responsibilities for Dareus. Couldn't have happened much quicker!?