Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

Totally agree. Most are on board. Marcel is the 5th Best DT on the team. Cant worry or rationalize about where he was drafted. We took two Guys off the street that are better than him. Guys a dirtbag that has never been taught appreciation. I know hes had a tough upbringing and life but its time to move on. Good luck Jacksonville.

Totally agree. Most are on board. Marcel is the 5th Best DT on the team. Cant worry or rationalize about where he was drafted. We took two Guys off the street that are better than him. Guys a dirtbag that has never been taught appreciation. I know hes had a tough upbringing and life but its time to move on. Good luck Jacksonville.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention if Sammy Watkins is doing nothing for the Rams as so many people love to say then what is Jordan Matthews doing for the Bills?

Nothing? You judging that from the boxscore or are you actually watching any of their games to see how he's being covered to open up underneath routes for his teammates?

Meanwhile the Rams and Eagles lead their respective divisions at 6-1 and 5-2.

Hey! You might have cracked McBeane's code.

Make all of your trading partners better and those 2018 first round draft picks become more valuable....

Edited by Lurker

It has nothing to do with what they would have gotten and everything to do with the cost associated with getting rid of him.

Yeah they take a bit of a hit. But they save a few million vs. having a guy not interested getting paid a ton and taking up a roster spot.

Nothing? You judging that from the boxscore or are you actually watching any of their games to see how he's being covered to open up underneath routes for his teammates?

Trust me I know. I was referring to the large number of people on this board looking at the box score and writing Sammy off as bad.

Learned what? That EJ Gaines can't stay on the field with 2 missed games to go along with two DNFs. Jordan Matthews has also has a missed game along with a DNF. Meanwhile the Rams and Eagles lead their respective divisions at 6-1 and 5-2.

Yeah because Sammy and Darby have been a big part of their records. Darby has played in 1 game. :doh:

Edited by Scott7975

It's the 1st thing I thought of that I posted in this thread.

Yea but I think to some degree the coughlin rep is a story thats slightly exaggerated. He carried his share of guys that were a handful through his successful years. Thats the thing in the salary cap era- you need a few guys where you trade off leadership/motivation for elite speed/strength and to lean on your coaching staff to keep them performing at their best.

Learned what? That EJ Gaines can't stay on the field with 2 missed games to go along with two DNFs. Jordan Matthews has also has a missed game along with a DNF. Meanwhile the Rams and Eagles lead their respective divisions at 6-1 and 5-2.

Both Watkins and Darby have little to do with the records of their respective teams. Even if they are factors that doesn't mean what is right for one team still isn't right for the other team.

Ummm, Tom Brady was the 6th pick. So was Seattles QB, whos name escapes me at the moment. Martavias Bryant and Nick OLeary were late picks as well. Its all about scouting and selecting good players from 1st to last pick. Beane will deliver.

Russell Wilson was drafted in the 3rd round with the 12th pick (the 75th overall of the 2012 NFL Draft). Many folks here were very upset the Bills missed out on him for TJ Graham. I wouldn’t get too excited about a 6th round pick.

As many have opined, I think this is a clear “addition by subtraction” move—FO must have felt like he was such a cancer in the locker room that it was worth the $14 million hit next year. And, his conduct didn’t make anyone too comfortable with the potential suspension for his next screw up. Wasted potential (should have had a tremendous career with his talent but that’s where it looks like he’s headed).

Not to mention if Sammy Watkins is doing nothing for the Rams as so many people love to say then what is Jordan Matthews doing for the Bills?

Matthews isn't doing much less than Watkins, didn't come in the trade for Watkins, and wont cost the Bills upwards of 15m.

Yeah because Sammy and Darby have been a big part of their records. Darby has played in 1 game. :doh:

Sammy has beyond the box score. Darby has yet to contribute due to the ankle dislocation, but I believe he's back this Sunday. At any rate, it wouldn't shock me if PHI, LA Rams, and JAX all win their divisions.

Trust me I know. I was referring to the large number of people on this board looking at the box score and writing Sammy off as bad.

My bad. :thumbsup:

Oh please. Dareus is all pro because he takes on double teams. Watkins is future hall of famer because he is the best decoy ever. They have 5 guys on Watkins or do all the Bills receivers only get single coverage?

Oh please. Dareus is all pro because he takes on double teams. Watkins is future hall of famer because he is the best decoy ever. They have 5 guys on Watkins or do all the Bills receivers only get single coverage?

Stop the silly hyperbole and talk about what they actually contribute at their respective positions.

This. Addition by subtraction. Hard to promote a culture of accountability when your highest-paid player is a morose, indifferent slob. Imagine a "normal" workplace in which the highest-paid worker earns a salary 30x that of the average worker and also is one of the least productive and most ineffective employees at that business. Good luck with morale in that scenario. I wish dareus the person luck and happiness as he moves forward, but I am beyond thrilled that dareus the football player is a former bill.

I've seen the "addition by subtraction" argument made numerous times after trades or players who hit UFA and it's never led to better teams.

For McBean's sake they better go at least 9-7 in year one because not doing so might mean the house crashes in on them. Do fans have the patience to watch more young players be asked to play starting roles because their predecessors weren't motivated to play? Because with the loss of talent this year, they're going to need every single pick they've got.

I get that there are some things from the past which aren't McBean's fault. Still, blowing everything up and winning simultaneously is a hard task to accomplish. If Buffalo takes a swan dive this year a la DJ 2008 and Chan 2011 it could get interesting.