Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

Sammy has beyond the box score. Darby has yet to contribute due to the ankle dislocation, but I believe he's back this Sunday. At any rate, it wouldn't shock me if PHI, LA Rams, and JAX all win their divisions.

My bad. :thumbsup:

Ok so your original argument is that we traded for players that have injuries, but Darby's injury doesn't count. Sammy is the best decoy of all time and the only receiver in the league that doesn't get targets due to coverage. Well none of those teams have the Pats in their division and two of them have a pretty solid lead right now so I don't think it would shock anyone midway through the season.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop the silly hyperbole and talk about what they actually contribute at their respective positions.

Watkins may be a decoy, but he's not going to get paid anywhere near what he wants being a decoy. Maybe he's just not as good as we all thought. Darby is hurt. And Dareus is a classic underperformer

You mean to tell me that McD/Beane dumped an underperforming player who doesn't fit their vision of what a football player should be about??? I'm shocked!

This team is being built for the long haul and yet they are still winning in the present.

Buy high (top five pick) sell low (sixth round pick) if this is part of the "process" I really have to wonder what the future holds for this team.

Beane didn't "buy" high. Not his draft. All Beane saw was an overpriced player taking up cap space, undisciplined, not trustworthy and not the kind of player they want in the locker room. Simple.

Me as a fan, I wish they would of got something better in return like a 4th round pick or a 5th and a player, but hey, if I put myself in Beanes shoes, the trade makes sense.

Stop the silly hyperbole and talk about what they actually contribute at their respective positions.

Ok Dareus contributed pretty much nothing all year. Watkins pulls double coverage just like at least 1 target does for every team in the NFL. The difference being those same guys still get targets and catches.

A few things:

Those complaining that we traded an 'asset' for too little. Assets are determined by the market value, not the original purchase price. If I buy a stock at 150.00 per share and the next day it drops to 10.00 per share, its valuation is 10.00, not 150.00. Dareus was an overall #3 pick. While he flashed ability that warranted that valuation, his later actions; drug use resulting in suspensions as well as a seemingly casual attitude towards his role on defense has significantly reduced his value. We bought a stock high and it plummeted. We are simply selling off to end the ordeal. This leads me into my next point.

Addition by subtraction. McD and Beane made a point to airlock anyone who didn't fit their profile of the right type of player for their team....except Dareus. Why? The contract. Cutting him would have hurt more than trading him. Until today, they didn't have any offers for him. So, with this new culture, the new Bills. Few penalties, giving 100% every play the entire game, we have a 100MM player with a half assed dedication playing about 33% of snaps. He needed to go. We are being celebrated as a team doing well with a lot of young/unknown players. Having a large price tag player, not fully contributing and with only part of his heart in the game on the team hurts us.

In my opinion, he was gone the moment McD and Beane came on, they just needed to figure out how. Today, they did. Even if we didn't get a 6th rd pick for him, I support this move. New team, new philosophy and if you dont fit, you need to leave the locker room. The players we have are playing their asses off...all the way to 4th quarter 0:00. Thats a team I support.

/rant

What Rams' games have you watched?

Hold up. In 4 games against top CB's Watkins has 6 catches for 83 yards.

Norman

Peterson

Ramsey

Sherman

Are you trying to tell me they double covered Sammy Watkins the entire game? Draws double coverage is such a farce, can he produce against top level corners. No.

That's 1.5 catchers per game and 20.5 yards against elite corners. That is ****.

Edited by Commonsense

Hold up. In 4 games against top CB's Watkins has 6 catches for 83 yards.

Norman

Peterson

Ramsey

Sherman

Are you trying to tell me they double covered Sammy Watkins the entire game? Draws double coverage is such a farce, can he produce against top level corners. No.

What games Rams' games have you watched this season to see whether he's getting open or not?

I've watched some of each game just to see how Sammy is doing. Other than the Niners he's not doing much at all. Elite guys need to do more than be a decoy.

Goff has missed him on several occasions when he's been open down field.

What Rams' games have you watched?

Actually the only game I did watch is the game Watkins broke out. What difference does it make? I still follow it and he isn't getting targets. I dont care that he draws coverage. So do elite receivers all across the league. They still get targets and catches. Whats the reason? Please don't say QB who has no problem delivering the ball to 8 different targets per game. Please don't say because Watkins missed training camp.

Do you really want me to buy into he is so great they don't have to throw him the ball?

What games Rams' games have you watched this season to see whether he's getting open or not?

I watch about every Rams game Todd Gurley is carrying me to some $.

What's that have to do with anything? Do you really think they are keeping a safety over the top of Watkins play after play when Gurley and company and killing them? Come on

now.

Actually the only game I did watch is the game Watkins broke out. What difference does it make? I still follow it and he isn't getting targets. I dont care that he draws coverage. So do elite receivers all across the league. They still get targets and catches. Whats the reason? Please don't say QB who has no problem delivering the ball to 8 different targets per game. Please don't say because Watkins missed training camp.

Do you really want me to buy into he is so great they don't have to throw him the ball?

If you aren't watching the games to assess how he's performing then your opinion is uninformed. Period.

Goff has missed him on several occasions when he's been open down field.

So he could have several more catches and maybe another 50 yards? Was he already fitted for his gold jacket?

You mean to tell me that McD/Beane dumped an underperforming player who doesn't fit their vision of what a football player should be about??? I'm shocked!

This team is being built for the long haul and yet they are still winning in the present.

Theres something thats irked me all offseason though, and I mentioned it earlier...

Essentially we were a .500 team under Rex. in December/January many here loudly advocated that Rex was costing the team wins. That implies we had a playoff caliber roster with a buffoon leading the way.

Now every player weve let walk or traded away has likewise been loudly supported as addition by subtraction, or various forms of the team being better with pretty much anything in their place.

I very much get that a board is full of a ton of people so trying to peg it down to a single philosophy is silly - but these were very universal views the last year...

So I start wondering who exactly was carrying the team to these wins the last two years? Was it all Tyrod? And if so whats with the hardball and refusal to endorse him?

Was it Eric wood and Lorenzo carrying all the dead weight?

How does one reconcile TERRIBLE COACHES and every premiere player needing to go but also middle of the pack results?