Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

The same ppl who hated the Sammy trade hate this trade so I think we're gonna be fine. Haha.

People are all upset abt losing the POTENTIAL of a 7th year Vet who's proven that he doesn't give two shitz abt his teammates or himself.

I'll take Tanner Vallejo and the $2M, Alex. Haha

McBeane going rogue is way more exciting than Whaley going rogue that's for sure!

Yup, once this dead money is gone, these guys have a full off-season to work and draft, watch out.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of you thinking this trade was about tit for tat - about receiving something of equal value for Dareus, are thinking about it all wrong.

It's about getting rid a of a gigantic, albatross of a contact off the books a lot sooner. Dareus is getting paid an absurd amount to be an unreliable, part-time player. Can he still be effective? Sure, why not? But I'd rather ship that contract off to Jax and free up the money we're going to need for the long run.

This team is doing all of the right things. It's incredibly disciplined and they are obviously thinking about the long-term.

To be so short-sighted and complain about the 6th round pick we got in return is just ignorant.

Great take.

As kirby points out though - is Tanner Vallejo and... Andre Holmes(? Or dimarco? Or groy though a little high on the price comps) better for this team than even mediocre dareus?

Whatd be really Billsy is if we end up signing a mediocre vet DT to replace him and that guy costs us a comp pick one day. Itd be like a TBD perfect storm.

That's short sighted, you are ignoring the liability Dareus had become and not factoring in the future of the cap. That's what this move was about and anyone that denies that is being purposely obtuse.

What does the dead cap really matter this year? It's not like we're going to give shady another bonus.

Addition by subtraction? I mean, this question is asking if we are better Dareus or without him.

Some people would have you believe that he was such a detractor from the plan that this will "help" the team, but I don't buy that. I mean McDermott and Beane clearly want him out, but this trade does not help us in 2017 one bit.

These guys want self motivated players.

I am a little divided on this. You know the guy has talent. One of the roles of a boss, manager, or coach is to figure out what makes each individual on their team do their best work, and push those buttons to maximize both output and employee/player satisfaction.

I do think this is the right decision in this particular case given Dareus' contract situation, but it worries me that the staff can't figure out how to motivate high talent individuals like Watkins and Dareus to play their best football. It's becoming a pattern.

Wait...we ONLY got a 6th rounder???????? I am all for this trade, but geezus, this isnt some scrub with no talent who is also coming off a good game. I hope its not just a 6th rounder, I mean thats as bad as when the Lakers got Gasol for nothing.

There isnt at least a WR, DB, OL, or even just multiple picks? If its only a 6th, I would have kept him, let him get a groove and increase his trade value then trade him at end of year. I really hope its not just a measly 6th rounder.

Let him get in a groove to increase his trade value?!?!

yeah - let's keep THAT guy at THAT price.

Those of you thinking this trade was about tit for tat - about receiving something of equal value for Dareus, are thinking about it all wrong.

It's about getting rid a of a gigantic, albatross of a contact off the books a lot sooner. Dareus is getting paid an absurd amount to be an unreliable, part-time player. Can he still be effective? Sure, why not? But I'd rather ship that contract off to Jax and free up the money we're going to need for the long run.

This team is doing all of the right things. It's incredibly disciplined and they are obviously thinking about the long-term.

To be so short-sighted and complain about the 6th round pick we got in return is just ignorant.

This. Addition by subtraction. Hard to promote a culture of accountability when your highest-paid player is a morose, indifferent slob. Imagine a "normal" workplace in which the highest-paid worker earns a salary 30x that of the average worker and also is one of the least productive and most ineffective employees at that business. Good luck with morale in that scenario. I wish dareus the person luck and happiness as he moves forward, but I am beyond thrilled that dareus the football player is a former bill. Edited by SectionC3

We gave them a 3rd for Marcus Stroud.

They give us a 6th for Dareus, go figure.

Didn't we also give them a 1st and a 4th for Rob Johnson, they got Fred Taylor out of it?

At least this contract is off the books.

Addition by subtraction? I mean, this question is asking if we are better Dareus or without him.

Some people would have you believe that he was such a detractor from the plan that this will "help" the team, but I don't buy that. I mean McDermott and Beane clearly want him out, but this trade does not help us in 2017 one bit.

And some people think that the double teams he took like an all pro for 33% of our snaps catapulted this defense to greatness.