Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

No I wont answer because I don't know the answer. It doesn't matter. Do you even know the answer? Why don't you enlighten me because I have asked for your reasoning several times now and you have yet to answer it. Then answer what difference it makes. Glorified decoy is not a position worth paying high dollars to and a glorified decoy is surely not going to make it to the HoF.

Do you honestly think the Rams wanted to spend a second round pick on either a 1 year rental decoy or pay high dollars to a long term decoy? You can't seriously expect people to believe they don't want the greatest receiver in the NFL to not get targets, catches, yards, TDs.

More silly hyperbole and boxscore analysis.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have watched the Rams games, we always have two tvs set up. Watkins isn't a big part of what they do on offense. The only game he produced was on the horrible 9ers secondary, a game in which Woods he more yards than Sammy.

Deonte Thompson has a legitimate shot to out produce Watkins this year. Still some folks will die on the fence.

I 100% believe that. I don't think anyone needs to watch any games to see a receiver isn't producing. Its pretty obvious. If their QB was horrible, I might buy it but he isn't.

Edited by Scott7975

I've watch d every game. Virtually every single play the opposing team has a guy in press coverage against Watkins. Right at the line. I won't say at all he is double covered every play because he is not. But they almost always move the safeties to his side. That said, the Rams coach, McVay, is very clever with his formations and plays and play calling. And Gurley has been excellent. They have been moving down the field incrementally and making first downs and winning games for the most part. Kupp has been taking advantage of being ignored or allowed to run free in the middle. Woods has been open a lot. There is no need to really change what they are doing much. Goff has missed Sammy deep when he was open a few times but they are not targeting him and they don't really have to.

Accurate. He is not a part of their offense nor is he the focal point of the defense. Todd Gurley is getting all the attention and deservedly so.

I've watch d every game. Virtually every single play the opposing team has a guy in press coverage against Watkins. Right at the line. I won't say at all he is double covered every play because he is not. But they almost always move the safeties to his side. That said, the Rams coach, McVay, is very clever with his formations and plays and play calling. And Gurley has been excellent. They have been moving down the field incrementally and making first downs and winning games for the most part. Kupp has been taking advantage of being ignored or allowed to run free in the middle. Woods has been open a lot. There is no need to really change what they are doing much. Goff has missed Sammy deep when he was open a few times but they are not targeting him and they don't really have to.

The design of the offense is working with him as a threat and they don't have to force it to him, but he's a factor nonetheless. He'll show up more in the boxscore once Goff begins to capitalize on some of those misses.

Who draws coverage from the opponents' #1 CB? It's not Woods, Kupp, or Austin. No impact though.

Does Antonio Brown draw coverage from opponents #1 CB? How about Mike Evans? How about Julio Jones? Odell Beckham? I mean seriously I could list receivers all day long on just about every team and they all get targets and catches.

Did Desean Jackson not get targets when McVay was the OC in Washington?

Edited by Scott7975

Yep with a team effort. That's what the folks that are trashing Beane are missing. They are doing more with less. IF these guys can draft then they have something going on. It's all dependent on the draft but it's unfair to be critical of them for shipping out high priced malcontents.

That's yet to be determined. I think Sammy would have helped them tremendously even as a decoy or three targets a game. I think Gillislee would have helped them. They have been able to squeak out wins but that is tricky business. The pass defense is likely more like it was the last two not the first four, when everything was going right. Any reasonable person knew we weren't going to go the whole season giving up four total passing TDs.

That's yet to be determined. I think Sammy would have helped them tremendously even as a decoy or three targets a game. I think Gillislee would have helped them. They have been able to squeak out wins but that is tricky business. The pass defense is likely more like it was the last two not the first four, when everything was going right. Any reasonable person knew we weren't going to go the whole season giving up four total passing TDs.

I'm not a playoffs guy, my guess is the magic runs out as the injuries continue to pile up throughout the season. They have shown me that they can get everybody marching in the same direction and I believe that bodes well for the future of the team if they don't screw up all these picks.

More silly hyperbole and boxscore analysis.

And yet you keep asking questions expecting I don't have answers to that you cant even answer yourself.

Why is Watkins not getting targets? You haven't even answered that question.

Your only response to anything that is said is either "hyperbole, you didn't watch the games, or he has some godly coverage that no other receiver ever gets." In other words... you cant form an argument other than to say someone else is wrong and you are right.

Edited by Scott7975

Accurate. He is not a part of their offense nor is he the focal point of the defense. Todd Gurley is getting all the attention and deservedly so.

I think he is a pretty good part of their offense only because he is the guy the defense moves toward. A lot of passes when they show the replay two guys are on him. Goff is taking the easier play very often because Kupp and Woods are being left to roam free across the middle. The whole thing is working so they don't need to rely on him. If teams change how they play him and the Rams and worry about Woods and Kupp and the middle more, or play eight in the box to stop Gurley, he is going to be the guy that runs free.

I'm not a playoffs guy, my guess is the magic runs out as the injuries continue to pile up throughout the season. They have shown me that they can get everybody marching in the same direction and I believe that bodes well for the future of the team if they don't screw up all these picks.

Yeah, I’m more interested in the next 10 years than the next 10 games. I think that’s how the FO looks at it too, and I like that. Not that I’m a blind supporter, but I like the decisiveness and the general direction. Drafting will be the key.

Does Antonio Brown draw coverage from opponents #1 CB? How about Mike Evans? How about Julio Jones? Odell Beckham? I mean seriously I could list receivers all day long on just about every team and they all get targets and catches.

Did Desean Jackson not get targets when McVay was the OC in Washington?

Garçon was the number one and I already went over his reception numbers. IIRC only three times in two years did he have less than 3 catches. In 32 games he never had less than 2 catches.

Garçon was the number one and I already went over his reception numbers. IIRC only three times in two years did he have less than 3 catches. In 32 games he never had less than 2 catches.

One thing the Rams are not doing is throwing a lot of screens and such. There are a lot of short passes but it seemed to me, and I didn't watch all their games, that the Skins with Cousins threw a lot of quick WR screens and two yard passes and short slants and outs because Cousins is very good at that. Goff is a much different quarterback.

They are rarely throwing those balls to Sammy.

McVay's offense is not going to force feed a # 1 WR.

Ok at least you answered finally. Desean Jackson was on Washington when McVay was an OC there. He had two seasons over 1000 yards. At Watkins current rate he will be lucky to break 600 yards.

So your stance is that McVay wants to pay a 2nd round pick and big money to a receiver just to draw coverage. Its an argument. I think its weak.

I very much think Sammy Watkins is an exceptional athlete. I just don't think he is an exceptional football player. Lets just agree to disagree for now because this thread is about Dareus and I already feel bad taking it off topic this long. We can continue this in another thread at another date.

Thanks. I completely forgot about Garcon. Another 1000 yard receiver. Which one was the decoy?

Ok at least you answered finally. Desean Jackson was on Washington when McVay was an OC there. He had two seasons over 1000 yards. At Watkins current rate he will be lucky to break 600 yards.

So your stance is that McVay wants to pay a 2nd round pick and big money to a receiver just to draw coverage. Its an argument. I think its weak.

I very much think Sammy Watkins is an exceptional athlete. I just don't think he is an exceptional football player. Lets just agree to disagree for now because this thread is about Dareus and I already feel bad taking it off topic this long. We can continue this in another thread at another date.

Lot of season left and fair enough. :thumbsup:

McVay has a totally different kind of quarterback in LA than Cousins. It's not the same offense he is running. Plus he is relying on his great RB a lot more. It's same coach but not really comparable. Cousins does certain stuff very well and McVay took advantage of it.