Are the Bills Oppressing Anquan Boldin?

Gugny

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Boldin is being oppressed by "the man" who owns him. He will be sold to the highest bidder.

That's kind of a crappy way to put it. People will get the wrong idea and take it into another direction.

From the meetings

The meeting was going so well that even the unintentionally awkward moments were forgiven. At one point, Buffalo Bills co-owner Terry Pegula, moved by Anquan Boldin's story about his cousin being shot and killed by a police officer, complimented him on how impressive he was but kept calling him "Antwan." Then Pegula suggested that Boldin would be the perfect NFL spokesman on social issues not only because he had walked away from the game to pursue causes but because, the owner said, it couldn't be a "white owner but needs to be someone who's black."

From this story

Wow i guess he already saved the world? Signing a contract than bailing cause he believes the team is garbage does not equal oppressed......im believing the stories a few months ago that he wanted the Pats to pick him up...if they came ringing he would jump on the cheatriots bus so quick.....trade him and try to get something at least!

From the meetings

The meeting was going so well that even the unintentionally awkward moments were forgiven. At one point, Buffalo Bills co-owner Terry Pegula, moved by Anquan Boldin's story about his cousin being shot and killed by a police officer, complimented him on how impressive he was but kept calling him "Antwan." Then Pegula suggested that Boldin would be the perfect NFL spokesman on social issues not only because he had walked away from the game to pursue causes but because, the owner said, it couldn't be a "white owner but needs to be someone who's black."

From this story

Like much of what we see publicly from TP. Well intentioned but tone deaf to downright idiotic.

From the meetings

From this story

do the players expect the nfl owners to solve racism in one meeting? people have been trying since forever to solve it and it still exists.

IF boltan finds a team that wants him.....then, the team and the bills need to decide compensation. I would say that compensation might be a late chocie.......or, a bundle of cash to cover the signing bonus that Boldin received....plus something for the insult of quitting on the Bills. I don't buy the high plain motives for a minute. He just didn't want to be part of a rebuild.........Contract terms rule!!!!

Edited by bigK14094

I understand and of course that was outrageous. But the Bills might have made a commitment to him. I highly, highly doubt if they had already traded Sammy and Darby that Boldin would have signed. The word around here and around the league was that it was a good trade for the future and not so good for short term. He signed for one last chance to go to the playoffs and to mentor Sammy and Zay. Then a week later they traded Sammy. And our offense looked awful. And he thought I no longer have two of the three or four things I signed up for.

And now the Bills are 4-2 and nowhere near the disaster he thought they would be. So why doesn't he unretire and play for the team he originally signed with?

Pretty sure trade deadline is 4pm on oct 31st, which could mean that since were giving him till 1pm to find a trade partner, Bills will probably do the right thing and release him if he cant find one by then, or give him a list of a bunch of community centers that could use his help 😂😂

Edited by Laughing Coffin

There you go again, making this into something that it isn't.

Let's make it something that it is.

Are you serious with your posts? Do you genuinely believe it can be argued Boldin is being oppressed and his dreams ruined by the Bills?

Or are you trolling?

Simple, easy, one-word answer. Serious or trolling?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Let's make it something that it is.

Are you serious with your posts? Do you genuinely believe it can be argued Boldin is being oppressed and his dreams ruined by the Bills?

Or are you trolling?

Simple, easy, one-word answer. Serious or trolling?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Paenitet :cry:

From the meetings

From this story

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/21170410/gaffes-tv-ratings-concerns-dominated-nfl-players-forged-anthem-peace-league-meetings

This is gold. Hopefully TP had a booger showing the whole time too.

He was on the Bills for what, a week?

I think it's wrong that they need to approve any kind of trade.

Just let the man pursue his dreams and further his career.

I feel that the Bills are treating Boldin as "their property," and it's unjust.

If he'd had a longer tenure with Buffalo, YES, I would get it.

But he never played a meaningful down. They should just unchain him and let him go to whichever team he chooses.

Like everyone is saying, he's old and washed up, so why does it matter? Why do they need to get something in return?

Rich white !@#$s trading black men for the fruits of their labor, going to the highest bidder? Clearly, slavery still exists in this country.

so many people on this forum fall for blatant trolling.

Whether you fall for it or not, u gotta question the original poster.

If it's not a troll, then discussions can be had to understand the posters' point of view.

If it IS trolling, i personally keep it moving but I do question the mentality of a troller. Like, do u just wake up one day and feel like, I just wanna be THAT person today? Is it cuz you're tired of your uncle coming into your bedroom while you're sleeping and spooning you? I think to myself, anybody who goes around trolling on the internet either got too much time on their hands or has abuse issues.

Just next time tell your uncle, NO.