Are the Bills Oppressing Anquan Boldin?

Gugny

Boldin for a 7th round pick to whatever team wants him.

If that don't work, then Boldin for a McDonald's hot coffee light and sweet will work too...

But seriously, I agree with the majority here. He signed a contract and that's that. Not like he will do much for a team anyway (man is he slow or what?), but I like how Beane is handling the situation.

Bolden to the Pats and he goes on to burn us for 100 yards and 2 TDs? No thank you. Send him to the NFC. AFC teams are off the table.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of equity do we have in Boldin? Nothing. The point is: with NFL players, why do teams have the right to deprive a man the right to pursue a career just because they hold his rights.

They hold his rights because HE CHOSE to sign them away.

Personal accountability. Just that simple.

Contractual rights. It's a business and both parties knew that when they signed said contract.

And I never did hear how the signing bonus was handled when AB 'retired'...

As I understand it, a typical contract requires that in the event of retirement, any signing bonus amortized into the current year's salary cap must be repaid.

He was on the Bills for what, a week?

I think it's wrong that they need to approve any kind of trade.

Just let the man pursue his dreams and further his career.

I feel that the Bills are treating Boldin as "their property," and it's unjust.

He is free to un-retire and pursue his dreams and his career right here in Buffalo, where he freely chose to sign an exclusive rights contract.

Boldin held his own self back.

He signed a law abiding agreement money for his services with other contractual language included.

No one held Boldin and forced him to agree to the terms of the contract.

Just like Boldin couldnt have forced Pegula to pay him a certain amount; similarly Pegula couldnt force Boldin yo play.

Thats how things work in Matureville.

Edited by Bill_with_it

He had the freedom to sign with any team.

He signed with the Bills.

He did not buy in and decided that he would rather save the world.

Now that he has saved the world, he wants to play football.

He has a contract with the Bills.

Because he has a contract with the Bills, he can play for the Bills or seek permission for a trade.

What's the problem?

Oh, no. No trolling. This is Gugny. He's damn serious. In fact, it's not just the Bills oppressing him. It's America. It's you and you and you and me.

It's everyone.

Everyone but Gugny.

No. It's just the Bills and Boldin. Not you, me, or anyone else. You think you're a pretty important dude, I see.

There you go again, making this into something that it isn't. And don't wrap KD into your little world; he didn't ask for it.

No. It's just the Bills and Boldin. Not you, me, or anyone else. You think you're a pretty important dude, I see.

There you go again, making this into something that it isn't. And don't wrap KD into your little world; he didn't ask for it.

You understand your view is misguided, don't you?

Hold on, you weren't joking around? You think that Boldin is being oppressed and needs to be unchained?

I think, but I am not positive, that I read he gave the signing bonus back.

Even if he gave back the bonus, he basically hung the Bills out to dry and if he doesn't want to play for Buffalo (or they are no longer interested) it's smart management to get something in return for him going to another team.