Random, weird surprising things from yesterday's game

Kelly the Dog

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks - where can I find the snap counts? I googled it but all I see are old games listed.

Sal Capaccio Verified account @SalSports 9h9 hours ago

Bills DL snap counts of 58 plays:

Hughes 46

K. Williams 43

S. Lawson 37

Dareus 34

R. Davis 21

A. Washington 15

C. Thornton 13

E. Yarbrough 11

10 replies 4 retweets 23 likes

cool...so say I hit a 4 iron 180...what kind of hybrid hits 200?

They sell them based on their comparable iron. So you could buy a 3 iron (19-21 degrees) or a 2 iron (17-19 degrees). Also, most places will let you test them in a simulator in the store, so you could narrow it down that way and smack some balls for free :)

The weirdest thing for me was how little I seemed to care about the home opener.

I can remember season openers where I was screaming so hard and so amped up when the team came out of the tunnel that I'd have a blood pressure headache, tears would be running down my face, and my voice would be gone...

Yesterday, the team came out. Quickly, all at once. To a barely half full stadium. And that was that.

You could say the stadium was half empty because people were stuck trying to get in. But if they REALLY cared about the team and the game, they would have made it in on time. We had a huge tailgate and still made it in. The lines werent that long. People just care more about the tailgate than the game. I dont blame them.

Even the pilot for the lame flyover was late and almost missed the stadium completely. Yawn.

Go Bills, but it's time for this organization to prove something to the fans.

Had a girl puke all over herself in section 218 right in front of us ;)

Had a rock band " Dark Water"? at a tailgate on Abbott Rd they rocked it out playing 80's metal.

The field goal attempt started out perfectly, end over end, and it just took off like one of those UFO's that are hovering over an open field and suddenly dart away. Was it windy yesterday? I think it's possible that somebody put a cigarette load inside the ball, and it blew up in the sky.

Yeah did Haushka kick the laces? that thing was helicoptering.

Also Colt Anderson getting credit for a ST tackle from the PA announcer.

When it was clearly #44 the new LB Lacy?

The field goal attempt started out perfectly, end over end, and it just took off like one of those UFO's that are hovering over an open field and suddenly dart away. Was it windy yesterday? I think it's possible that somebody put a cigarette load inside the ball, and it blew up in the sky.

I thought the exact same thing! The FG was one of the weirdest I have seen in any area of football ever. It looked normal and then looked like it was blasted by a microburst of wind that blew it sideways. 37 years of watching the Bills at home in person or on TV and I don't remember a kick behaving like that even with some of the bizarre wind conditions that happen there

The weirdest thing has to be the Haushaka FG. I have literally never seen a ball do what his did.

I was joking with Augie in the gameday thread that it looked like me hitting my 4-iron. The pull on that ball at the last second was remarkable.

It looked like a really nice slider. All the bite was at the end.

And hitting Eric Wood with a 15 yd pf for tackling a guy who was tackled by his own guy.

If you complain about the refs with incorrect information, I don't think you should be allowed to complain about the refs for four games

Wood was not penalized. It was the Jets LB, #58, who hit Wood in the head that got the penalty. It should have been an ejection.

I thought the exact same thing! The FG was one of the weirdest I have seen in any area of football ever. It looked normal and then looked like it was blasted by a microburst of wind that blew it sideways. 37 years of watching the Bills at home in person or on TV and I don't remember a kick behaving like that even with some of the bizarre wind conditions that happen there

If that kick went through I would have won $100 on a $5 football card. So that's why the microburst happened, if anyone was curious.

Refs still suck...no idea how they ruled that Cousins play a fumble and not an incomplete pass...his arm was going forward clearly

Disagree. His arm was moving forward but the ball had been knocked out. It never moved forward at all.

Had a rock band " Dark Water"? at a tailgate on Abbott Rd they rocked it out playing 80's metal.

Was that right across the street from Hammer's lot? I was in the RV parked tight at the fence next to the driveway...

Weirdest thing for me was how sober the fans were. Not many noticeably blacked, almost no fights. I only saw one really drunk person fall down.

It was like a Giants game.

And man was it quiet in that stadium for a home opener. McD said he loved the energy, but he ain't seen nothin' yet. Personally, I think he should be pissed at the fans because it was so quiet.

Was that right across the street from Hammer's lot? I was in the RV parked tight at the fence next to the driveway...

Weirdest thing for me was how sober the fans were. Not many noticeably blacked, almost no fights. I only saw one really drunk person fall down.

It was like a Giants game.

And man was it quiet in that stadium for a home opener. McD said he loved the energy, but he ain't seen nothin' yet. Personally, I think he should be pissed at the fans because it was so quiet.

Maybe he should be pissed at security. You can't do anything in the stands anymore. I can only scream really loudly when standing... sadly that is now banned from the stadium unless celebrating a particular play. Then it's back to your butt on a bench. Takes the fun out of it and disuades people from cheering/yelling.

They have been "changing the culture" in the stands too, to a PC, family friendly, no fun zone safe space. The atmosphere at THE RALPH has been disintegrated and subdued. Fans "wanted this" apparently, people want a sanitized environment so their kids don't hear any bad words or mean drunk people. The world is too rough for them, the delicate flowers. JMO

Gotta get everyone behaving before they put up big $ for a new stadium.

I'm kinda fired up about it, as you can probably infer.

End rant\

Maybe he should be pissed at security. You can't do anything in the stands anymore. I can only scream really loudly when standing... sadly that is now banned from the stadium unless celebrating a particular play. Then it's back to your butt on a bench. Takes the fun out of it and disuades people from cheering/yelling.

They have been "changing the culture" in the stands too, to a PC, family friendly, no fun zone safe space. The atmosphere at THE RALPH has been disintegrated and subdued. Fans "wanted this" apparently, people want a sanitized environment so their kids don't hear any bad words or mean drunk people. The world is too rough for them, the delicate flowers. JMO

End rant\

I'm sorry you feel deprived of the right to act like an angry loud offensive drunk during a public sporting event.

End rant\

This ties into the posts in regards to tailgating. If the stands are a sanitized, family friendly locale, then the party crowd, of which we have an abundance, is in no rush to get inside for the game. I've gone to Bills games in 4 decades now and the change has been remarkable in the last 5 years. Perhaps it coincided with that jackass sliding down the railing on the top deck?

End rant\

I think a bunch of it depends on where you sit. I sat in the 300s. Plenty of moderately drunk people and the entire section was on its feet for every third down plus the failed 2 point conversion.

So Banyard actually played? Too bad he did not have a few rushes. Shady needs a few breaks.

On special teams. Tolbert got all the reps at RB when Shady was resting. I think that is a mistake on the part of the Bills. I don't mind Tolbert in short yardage situations, but I think Banyard and T. Jones give the defense a lot more to worry about on second and long.

No need to get deep or argue about anything. Just some observations or strange occurrences that you saw or thought or read somewhere.

I just read that Joe Webb tied for the most special teams snaps, 20, with Matt Milano and Joe Banyard. Thought that was kinda crazy and kinda cool.

The flyover following the anthem surprised me, wasn't expecting it...Always cool!