Random, weird surprising things from yesterday's game

Kelly the Dog

The weirdest thing has to be the Haushaka FG. I have literally never seen a ball do what his did.

I was joking with Augie in the gameday thread that it looked like me hitting my 4-iron. The pull on that ball at the last second was remarkable.

I was thinking some kind of wind gust. A pull or hook tends to curve more gradually. That was more like a receiver running a down-and-out route, or Shady making a juke move on a linebacker.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised at how many times I looked at the sidelines and saw Dareus being held out for consecutive plays. Don't know if his snap count was down or if it was just coincidence that he was there when I happened to be looking.

At least once I saw him using an oxygen mask.

I was surprised at how many times I looked at the sidelines and saw Dareus being held out for consecutive plays. Don't know if his snap count was down or if it was just coincidence that he was there when I happened to be looking.

He had 34, which was the least of the starting four. McD did it just to keep them fresh and said he thought Dareus played a good game.

Someone shot the football from the visitor's section.

Someone should look into that, it's possible there was interference.

I was thinking some kind of wind gust. A pull or hook tends to curve more gradually. That was more like a receiver running a down-and-out route, or Shady making a juke move on a linebacker.

Are there still tunnel doors that cause a big gust of when when opened?

He had 34, which was the least of the starting four. McD did it just to keep them fresh and said he thought Dareus played a good game.

I'm hoping his hammy and hip injuries played a part in it as well. Either way he's still a handful in the middle (apart from the QB sneak for TD) and did the job of clogger pretty well. I'd like to see more from a $100 million DT, but we'll see.

Did we witness a game yesterday with zero TO's because of confusion on either side and no motion or illegal formation penalties? That was weird and surprising for me.

I'm hoping his hammy and hip injuries played a part in it as well. Either way he's still a handful in the middle (apart from the QB sneak for TD) and did the job of clogger pretty well. I'd like to see more from a $100 million DT, but we'll see.

Did we witness a game yesterday with zero TO's because of confusion on either side and no motion or illegal formation penalties? That was weird and surprising for me.

There was one and only one I remember. Clay was tight and moved a yard closer to the left tackle and wasn't set and we got a five yard false start or motion penalty.

Someone should look into that, it's possible there was interference.

Are there still tunnel doors that cause a big gust of when when opened?

I don't know, but I know the stadium has a reputation for gusty winds, especially near one particular end zone. I'm not sure if that's the side they were on at the time, though.

The weirdest thing has to be the Haushaka FG. I have literally never seen a ball do what his did.

I was joking with Augie in the gameday thread that it looked like me hitting my 4-iron. The pull on that ball at the last second was remarkable.

the wind shifted clear in the stadium. Flags just shot up

My 4 iron goes in the complete other direction. Like a mirror image.

My 4 iron goes in the complete other direction. Like a mirror image.

I fixed my slice on the long irons, and traded it in for a violent hook. I would rather have that slice back. I will say though, much like Haushaka was killing his kickoffs, my drives have been long straight bombs this year. Over 280 yards on a regular basis!! :w00t:

Thanks - where can I find the snap counts? I googled it but all I see are old games listed.

Edited by driddles

I fixed my slice on the long irons, and traded it in for a violent hook. I would rather have that slice back. I will say though, much like Haushaka was killing his kickoffs, my drives have been long straight bombs this year. Over 280 yards on a regular basis!! :w00t:

I need to get out more but between Ennifer and the non-stop alien crap from Greggy it just doesn't happen.

Anyway, I could always hit 6 iron and shorter clubs pretty well, a little distance challenged but straight and consistent and I knew which club to select. Going from a 6 to a five was going like driving a Subaru to an Indy car in level of difficulty for me. 5 to 4 was like going from the Indy car to an F-16. Not happening. But back in the day when I was first learning my absolute best club was a 2 iron. Golf is crazy.

I need to get out more but between Ennifer and the non-stop alien crap from Greggy it just doesn't happen.

Anyway, I could always hit 6 iron and shorter clubs pretty well, a little distance challenged but straight and consistent and I knew which club to select. Going from a 6 to a five was going like driving a Subaru to an Indy car in level of difficulty for me. 5 to 4 was like going from the Indy car to an F-16. Not happening. But back in the day when I was first learning my absolute best club was a 2 iron. Golf is crazy.

Weird...2 and 3 irons are crap for me....4 through wedge all the same, straight and beautiful...golf is weird and strange and random too.