NFL least favorite/most annoying media or announcers

Dragonborn10

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Theisman, Phill Simms, Jim Nantz ( too much Patriot love) almost anyone on ESPN not named Bucigross, Anderson , Gruden ( special grandfathered shout out to Berman and Sal Pal though) . On the other hand I think the best are Michaels/ Collinsworth , Ian Eagle

Great topic! Here are my choices:

Collinsworth is terrible.

Phil Simms was as bad as anyone, glad he's gone.

Fox studio crew

Solomon Wilcots - I swear he thinks the alphabet is A B C T E F G.

Although I loved him as a player, Steve Tasker is bad.

I love Sal, he is far and away the best on WGR.

Couldn't stand Solomon Wilcotts. And he always had Beeeooows games.

Wilcotts is the best in he business IMO - always on point and does not take himself too seriously.

Colinsworth is always patting himself on the back for saying smart things.

Aikman tries to be professional and is just boring.

Ignoring anything more important or more physical (obviously a Navy Seal or 100 other jobs are harder) it's hard to imagine a more difficult job to succeed in than analyst for an NFL game. It's self-evident by the fact there isn't one, ever, that is consensus good.

You have to have a good voice, speak clearly, live, on the spot, constantly making new insightful comments, that appeal (this is the biggie) to casual fans as well as ultra serious fans, cannot repeat yourself, cannot take back any thing you say, cannot be too inside baseball or too generic, cannot truly criticize players or coaches or teams or the league, cannot ballwash, cannot favor teams or players you know, and constantly be entertaining and insightful and fresh. Live. Always.

It's an impossible job.

Which is why there is rarely if ever a guy most everyone likes.

Collinsworth is by far the worst. His voice makes me want to stick my head in a wood chipper.

Tasker is bad because he tries too hard to not be a Bills homer. He also says weird stuff. After a short completion he said "a one hop to the shortstop and a long throw to first base",I could see if the ball bounced but it didn't.