Stephon Gilmore quietly disses Buffalo Bills on Twitter

The first half of your sentiment, I can say I felt the same way. Which a part of me is pleased with the White selection because the kid was grinning ear to ear and genuinely seemed appreciative of the Bills selecting him. The other half was annoyed since we had to draft another first round CB.

Two guys (Gilmore & White) with different demeanors and personalities reacting differently. Nothing more than that.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's missed 11 games during the middle 3 years of his 5-year career. And that mostly while avoiding contact whenever possible. With the Cheaters, they "expect more"...like tackling.

Compared to the average NFLer, he's not a health risk. Your cherry picked "middle year" stat notwithstanding. Edited by jmc12290

His people don't have internet access? Not that hard to see any team play if you care to seek it out.

Haha exactly. I've found a way to watch every Bills game for almost twenty years now without living in Buffalo. So...I guess your peeps don't care that much Stephon.

Can't wait till Andre Holmes toasts him.

I'm pumped to see Holmes in action. Sammy, Zay, Holmes, Clay, and more passes to Shady should be awesome. A very nice core to build on in the coming years.

Compared to the average NFLer, he's not a health risk. Your cherry picked "middle year" stat notwithstanding.

He's no longer an "average NFLer." Which was obviously the point in talking about giving him $12 million a year.

Gilmore will be an all pro this year.

Absolutely. My one gripe with Gilmore is a grabber and it won't get called in New England. I expect him to live up to every bit of that contract and "all of a sudden" become a star in the league. He will get the Patriot bump that Hogan got last year. Everyone needs to prepare for the "I'm sorry but I miss Gilmore" thread that is coming. Unless of course he gets injured :bag:

From the linked article :

"New England is scheduled to play in five nationally televised games this season as well as take on the Oakland Raiders as part of the NFL's International Series. Whereas the Patriots will play often in front of a national audience, the Bills are only scheduled to have one primetime game when they take on the New York Jets on NFL Network's Thursday Night Football. Buffalo's lack of national visibility comes down to their 17-year playoff drought, the longest in all professional sports".

Don't really see why people are looking so hard for an insult.....

It was just a dumb tweet from Gilmore because it didn't need to be said. Anyone can watch any game they want to -- Sunday Ticket, sports bars...implying that "your people" can only see you play when you're in primetime is an idiotic statement.

I'm not annoyed because I think it was a dis at the Bills, I'm annoyed because Gilmore is an idiot.

Absolutely. My one gripe with Gilmore is a grabber and it won't get called in New England. I expect him to live up to every bit of that contract and "all of a sudden" become a star in the league. He will get the Patriot bump that Hogan got last year. Everyone needs to prepare for the "I'm sorry but I miss Gilmore" thread that is coming. Unless of course he gets injured :bag:

Gilmore will have Malcolm Butler across from him, so maybe Gilmore will do better in NE.

Yall taking this **** wayyyyy too seriously. He left because he wasnt worth what he wanted to get paid, by our new coach. Period. Stop getting butt hurt. this is the same dude that did a matrix move to dodge contact with levon bell. Gilmore aint with the sh1ts. yall need to drop it.

I bet Gilmore wouldn't say this to my face. He doesn't want none.

` :lol::lol:

This guy gets it.

Edited by Marty McFly

Pencil me in for couldnt care less that Gilmores gone. We can just as easily be 7-9 without him as we were with him. Exactly how many game changing plays did this clown have while here? Zero? One ? Two at most? Hes been so irrelevant as a Bill I cant recall a single game changing play he made while here! Bradys all ready won five trophies w/o you Steph. Youll be as meaningless there as your where here.

The team sucks/has sucked that didn't form or change my opinion about Gilmore.

If he struggles in NE the Boston media will turn him into the next Pablo Sandoval. That would make me happier than anything outside of the Bills actually winning games this season. His attitude sucks, I don't think you win with guys like him. Sure he can win on the 17' Pats. They could line Justin Rogers up opposite of Butler and still go 14-2.

No, absolutely not! Justin Rogers was the worst thing I've ever seen present on a football field

?

What joke did I miss?

There's two fringes. The ones that actually take his comment overly serious and those that think everyone is taking it overly serious. In between is the majority that think it's just funny when an athlete posts something stupid and then when fans give him some jazz back.

You hate everything Buffalo so you'll never get that and you will never see you're the fringe.

He's no longer an "average NFLer." Which was obviously the point in talking about giving him $12 million a year.

While that's true, I'm not sure we've really seen having the "usual" nicks preclude anybody from getting big money. There seems to be a fuzzy line between injury-prone and normal when it comes to contracts.

Gilmore will have Malcolm Butler across from him, so maybe Gilmore will do better in NE.

Better than practically-identical-to-Richard-Sherman numbers???

We better hope not.

That was great, even though I wasn't offended by Gilmore's tweet.

Agreed on both accounts

If he couldn't foresee the context it would be taken in, then he's pretty simple. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it was a subtle dig.

At who? The coaches that aren't here? The front office that's gone?

Is he upset at the fans? I guess some.

I think it was a tweet he didn't give much thought too, and I think that some here are subconsciously doubly insulted by the fact that he might have flat not cared enough to think about the buffalo inferiority complex before sending it

Edited by NoSaint

While that's true, I'm not sure we've really seen having the "usual" nicks preclude anybody from getting big money. There seems to be a fuzzy line between injury-prone and normal when it comes to contracts.

We always know our own guys injuries better than the guy we only see on espn highlights is a big part.

Joe bills fan knows every bad or missed Gilmore snap... and knows only Shermans highlights. Not a knock on our fan base specifically but a global thing especially with corners.

Lol. Yea I don't get it. People aren't taking this personal.

Seems like the majority of people on this board are butt hurt, hence the reason they feel the need to insult Gilmore over a pretty harmless comment.

The majority of the people on this board haven't even commented in this thread - let alone are "butt hurt". You're not even close on yet another assumption. That's where you, the other fringe, comes in (see where you are now?)

You broad stroke every fan into your little hate painting. There's an equal amount shaking their head not commenting to you. You're an angry troll spitting BS towards the people you think are "butt hurt". You think you're the smart one having a one up on them but the majority is laughing at you in the same vein.

Better than practically-identical-to-Richard-Sherman numbers???

We better hope not.

Agreed on both accounts

I don't know about being at Sherman's level, I still think he will have issues tackling. But if anyone can correct his tackling issues, it's Belichek.

Unfortunately, good CB's are hard to retain after their rookie deals as their second contract are usually astronomical.

He's butt sore Bills didn't make him a big offer. His little ego was hurt. Get over it man, like honestly. You got ur big fat contract, in a big city, with a team that's got a QB. things are good for you. stop gloating. no class.

He left a team with a 17-year playoff drought to go play for a perennial contender and he got paid a boatload more to do it.

Tell me again: Who is butt hurt about it? The multi-millionaire with a legit shot at a Super Bowl ring, or you?

How did the Thursday night week 2 game against the Jets not make his lowlights film? One of the worst CB performances I've ever witnessed.

That was the season low point for Gilmore in 2016, but he had a nice BuffaloRebound for the remainder of the season. At any rate, he's off to greener pastures for a huge payday.